Pregnant after IF

2nd trimester check-in | week of March 11

Hi Ladies,

It's my last week here, but wanted to make sure we were up and running this week.
  • How far along?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What are your plans for St. Patrick's day?
  • Feel free to share a HDBD!!

Mommies to be

@northbeach3 6/5 GIRL!

@Momifbysea 6/9 BOY!

@Griffin5413 6/21 GIRL!

@Bababatty 6/21

@autumnlvs 6/29 GIRL!

@babydust2507 7/12 BOY!

@blackhottamales 7/18 Team GREEN!

@ndz2018 7/25 BOY!

@flanners1 7/27 BOY!

@wilde1410 7/31 GIRL!

@wabash15 8/15 Team GREEN!

Let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here!
me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
(3 untested embryos remain)

Re: 2nd trimester check-in | week of March 11

• How far along? 27+5
    • How are you feeling this week? pretty good, starting to get anxious about upcoming baby shower
    • Questions? Are you ladies getting a nice baby shower dress? Where are you shopping? I've looked superficially but nothing has really caught my eye.  feel like most places still have winter wear and i'm looking for more spring time stuff.
    • Any upcoming appointments?  had OB appt today -- passed Glucose test, woo! Now moving to every two week OB appts.
    • GTKY: What are your plans for St. Patrick's day?  not much -- a colleague is planning a day drinking event, but since i'm not drinking, trying to weigh if i want to be among my drunk co-workers when I really should start my nesting process. :)
    would any of y'all be willing to share registry lists?  i had been making good progress adding stuff, but came to a stand still and dunno if I'm missing any biggies. and i haven't really added any "fun" stuff like toys or books.

Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• @northbeach3 Congrats on passing your glucose test!! For my baby shower, somehow I was able to fit into a dress I already had. But I've bought all my other dresses since being preggo from Pink Blush. Everything is stretchy, flattering and never had to send anything back. Plus I like you can wear their stuff after pregnancy and won't look frumpy / maternity like. As for registry, I never added books or toys, but did get books at my baby shower. Maybe a good idea to ask for books in lieu of cards. I figure with toys, it'll be awhile til they can even play with them. So ended up getting a play gym for tummy time that has toys attached and of course people usually always give stuffed animals and stuff like that too.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
    • How far along? 22W4days
    • How are you feeling this week? tired! time changed is killing me!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? none
    • Any upcoming appointments? 03/21 and 03/22. super excited, can't wait ti see my baby! and I will have the glucose test too 
    • GTKY: What are your plans for St. Patrick's day? none 
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!! still annoying with my bump I feel like it stops growing! 
    • How far along? 17+6
    • How are you feeling this week? Overall pretty good. The kids did not sleep well over the weekend so that was a bit rough but last night was so much better.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? See above :)
    • Any upcoming appointments? nothing till the end of the month but then my anatomy scan, MFM (hopefully getting the go ahead for a VBAC) and MW appointments
    • GTKY: What are your plans for St. Patrick's day? I think we're going to try to take the kids to a parade and then have dinner with friends.
    @babydust2507 your bump may not change much week to week  and your still early, it will keep growing especially if little one has a growth spurt!
    @northbeach3 registry lists are tough... mostly because you can do all the research of what you want/will use and then the little one gets here and they have not read the book and it all goes out the window.  If your going to use bottles at some point I would get a few but don't open them all because babies can be very picky with their bottle choices (for DD1 it took 8 brands to find the one she would take, and her twin could care less what I shoved in his mouth). for us swaddles with velcro was super helpful. We live by our nose frieda...  if your thinking about baby wearing, a carrier could be handy. spit cloths (receiving blankets can be used for this) Really all you need to start with is a car seat and diapers... everything else sorts it self out (and you find what works for you) heck in the spring/summer even clothing can be optional.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• autumnlvsautumnlvs member
    edited March 2019
    Hello friends, back after a long hiatus, super busy with work and getting ready to move and getting used to this growing belly and being constantly short of breath - yay for bump reaching the diaphragm!
    @northbeach3 congrats!!! it's been a long road, hasn't it? I'm with you on being around drunk colleagues... I'll do it for solidarity but would rather be doing something else. Amazon/Target/Macy's all have nice maternity dresses from what I've seen/bought. And H&M apparently https://www.brit.co/maternity-wear-under-100/?utm_campaign=Newsletter&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=70522880&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_FRvbWJiotFX0yl4hKdeCtwfrPTtiLQD7bNtd5IBfqme20AczSwn9WJuCi3q6mBL71B3JsuMPs9zqfls6b2Ual_CDzGw&_hsmi=70522880
    @kristimh80 I love the books in lieu of cards - one of my friends did and it was brilliant. Her nursery library was complete prior to baby arriving
    @babydust2507 I really sincerely wish we did not have daylight savings. I worked 6am Sunday, and it was miserable 
    :( 
    @wabash15 hope you get some rest!
    • How far along? 24w3d
    • How are you feeling this week? great!  :):):) reaching fetal viability felt like a huge relief - I feel like I've been holding my breath for 6 months and now I'm running to catch up on other things like nesting, registry, planning for an overnight bag
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Passed by glucose test yesterday!
    • Any upcoming appointments? 28wk US in 4 wks for evaluation of low lying anterior placenta
    • GTKY: What are your plans for St. Patrick's day? babymoon in the Bahamas - looking forward to some sunshine and warmth although we are supposedly hitting 40s-50s this week
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!! will post later but holy moly, I don't know where there's space left for expansion  :o:joy:
    • How far along? 25w 5d
    • How are you feeling this week? I threw my back out on Monday so I'm just starting to feel better. I've really got to figure out a better way to deal with back issues. Having an anterior placenta isn't helping I'm sure. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? other than the back pain, I have had more energy which has been really nice!
    • Any upcoming appointments? Monday where I'll get my GD drink stuff. 
    • GTKY: What are your plans for St. Patrick's day? - nothing special 
    @northbeach3 - there are so many things to weed through on registries! aside from the big things like crib, stroller, car seat... the things I used the most were burp cloths (just the old fashioned white cloth diaper type worked the best b/c my son had reflux), sleepers with zippers not buttons (i HATED trying to get the buttons to line up at 2am after a diaper change half asleep), I used my boppy and the boppy lounger ALL of the time! I had the ergo 360 with the infant insert & loved it. The only "toy" that I really needed to begin with was the activity mat  and even then I didn't need it right away. Don't stress too much. You can always 2 day deliver on Amazon if you find you are missing something :smile:
    @kristimh80 - we did the books instead of cards for my son and it was awesome! Plus they all have little notes to him inside so its fun to get to read those. 
    @autumnlvs - babymoon in the bahamas sounds amazing! Hope you guys have a blast. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @autumnlvs Have so much fun on your Babymoon!! That was one of the best things we did! 

@Griffin5413 Sorry to hear about you back, but glad you are feeling better! I also have an anterior placenta and feel like until baby started making the bigger movements, did I start being more "aware" of what I was doing. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 - yeah I didn't start to feel her until she started making some of the bigger rolling movements or kicks. I feel like I missed the whole flutters stage. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm chasing around a toddler all evening after I spend the whole day working too. I'm definitely going to have to start being a little more careful for sure!

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • hey ladies, thanks for the tips on the registry necessities... guess i'm doing okay then!  etiquette question -- Am i supposed to start sending thank you cards for those who already sent gifts but aren't coming to the shower? Shower is April 6th.

thanks @kristimh80 for the tip on pink blush. i've scoured most of the maternity websites and definitely liked the options best from pink blush. i liked that they already had spring colors in stock unlike many of the other places with only dark or neutral colors.  will probably order a few to try on and choose.  

super jealous of your bahamian babymoon @autumnlvs. we've had a few getaways that constitute baby moons, but nothing tropical which would have been my top choice!  i joked about trying to do a 2-3 day cruise after the babe came... that's being crazy and unrealistic, isn't it?  trying to have my cake and eat it too, haha!

well, i'm officially 28+1 today, so i'm gonna move over to 3rd tri later today when i have a longer time to post.  i'll still be popping in! time is flying now!

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited March 2019
    Sorry ive been MIA we moved this past weekend and I just spent the last 2 days in the hospital.. baby is absolutely fine! But I got Some sort CVS( cyclic vomit syndrome ) flare up or possible virus and was violently throwing up so they admitting me to keep and eye on my and the little man and hydrating us. I was just released today and just taking it easy. 

@northbeach3 PM me your email I have a spreadsheet my SIL’s friend made and was SUPER helpful !!! 

21 weeks today!!

How im feeling this week? See above. Feeling much better but man was it a helluva last few days.

rants/raves: had my anatomy scan baby boy is absolutely perfect but it turns out I have a complete placenta previa. Will recheck at 32 weeks. The midwife gave me the “c-section” talk if it doesn’t move. She said there’s a chance it will but with complete placenta previas it may not. 

Upcoming app: Monday I have my fetal echo cardio app and an appointment for the OB on Tuesday. 

Plans for St Patrick’s day: I usually March in the parade BUT since I’m recovering looks like I’ll be sitting this year out. Looking forward to starting the tradition with my lil man next year. 
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited March 2019
    Guess I’m not the only one with ailments this week @Griffin5413 hope your back is feeling better
     @wabash15 get some rest girlie! 
    @autumnlvs Bahamas sound amazing! Super jealous! 
    @kristimh80 love the book idea!
  • @ndz2018 ooftah, I'm sorry you were so sick. Glad things are a bit better now. Sorry about the complete PP. fingers crossed it moves

@northbeach3 I would... mostly just because its easier to get them written and done. I was trying to do them after baby and it was a hot mess...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @ndz2018 Oh no!! Thinking of you sweet friend! Glad you are out of the hospital and everything with you and baby are ok!! Congrats on your move! I know it's a pain, but know you've been working on it for awhile now! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Hey everyone, I’m late posting this week. I got up to use the toilet at 2:30am today and had bright red blood on several wipes of toilet paper. The MFM has previously told me that with my complete central placenta previa that even with a drop or two of bright red blood to go straight to the ER because it could quickly turn to hemorrhage. So I’m 2-1/2 hours away from home in my parents’ rural town with my five year old DD to avoid paint fumes for the week while DH paints her room and nursery. I went to their little hospital and then they had me take ambulance to really great teaching hospital in city with great NICU in case of c section today. Bleeding has stopped but they’re holding me for 72 hours bleed free before I’m discharged. This is my second bleed so one more will put me in hospital until delivery. I had 12-hr drip of magnesium sulfate (fire, heat waves, vomiting just yuck) to reduce risk for cerebral palsy in case we deliver and also steroid shots to help his lung development.

• How far along? 27 w, 4d
    • How are you feeling this week? Good until out of blue hospital trip (see above)
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Before today I was going to rant about being on pelvic rest since September and how DH and I are struggling (meaning our relationship is great but the struggling is that obviously we miss each other!) But now as I’m writing this from hospital, I instead want to rave about awesome healthcare professionals that have taken my anxiety greatly away and are so selfless and kind. God bless them!
    • Any upcoming appointments?
    • GTKY: What are your plans for St. Patrick's day? I think I’ll be just in a couch once I escape hospital...I will wear green though...

• @Momifbysea
    Ugh, I hope all goes smoothly and you go home as planned. The mag drip SUCKS :(  
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Thanks @mbradfo2, I didn’t realize you had the MAG too...worse than the IVF injections that sometimes burned. Can I ask at what week you had that and then at what week you delivered? I’d love to make it to 37.

@northbeach3 woohoo on graduation, can you believe we are here? I’ll join you next week there.
  • @Momifbysea
    The hope was to make it to 37, but then my labs were a little wonky so they delivered at 35 and some days. I had the mag during my admission at 35 weeks after they decided to start the induction. I was admitted Friday evening, got my steroid shots Fri and Sat, was supposed to go home Sunday but then the labs were looking not so good so they started the mag and induction Sunday afternoon. She was born the next morning!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• bkatpbkatp member
    @Momifbysea sorry to hear about bleeding and hoping everything goes smoothly here on. Keep us posted on how you are doing 
  • @Momifbysea so sorry you had another bleed, but its great your getting such wonderful care. I hope the bleeding stays away and you can go back home to keep that baby baking for a while yet. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @Momifbysea sorry to hear that, and hope you  get to feel better and the bleeding stops! keep us posted and I'll keep you in my prayers!
    @ndz2018, glad to know you feel better, getting sick is not fun! 
    @wabash15 thanls for reassuring me, it makes me feel better!
    @autumnlvs I now exactly what you  mean about reaching viability, can't wait for my appt next week, i'll be 24 weeks! 
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited March 2019
    Edited for typos...
    Thanks everyone for your thoyghrs your thoughts and prayers! He sure is the little embryo that could! I had a scare today as I had several hours of dull, broad menstrual-like MPs type cramps so they did additional monitoring to rule out preterm labor onset but we are looking good! I should be released Sunday morning, prayers answered! Dr did prep me that with centralized complete previa I can expect to have at least one more bleed so will be in our home hospital next time. Just taking it one day at a time. The nurses have all been outstanding, so grateful!

@mbradfo2 so did you need nicu at that point or was baby fine since you had the steroid shots? Did you have two or four of those injections? I hope to make it that far!
  • @Momifbysea
    Baby was perfect -- no nursery or nicu, just roomed in with me until my discharge (her doctor was ready to let her go home before mine was ready to let me!).
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 wonderful outcome and so heartening to me right now! 
  • @ndz2018 and @Momifbysea -- so sorry to hear about the placenta previa and time spent in the hospital.  glad everything is as good as could be expected and hope there aren't too many more scares. 

• Update: discharged from hospital Sunday afternoon! I feel so energy-less after being in a bed for 4 days, wow! Now I wait...

@ndz2018 is yours a complete centralized previa? Anterior or posterior? These factors make a difference in likelihood of a move. That’s what I have (the centralized) and it hasn’t budged a bit. But you have time. Sending placenta-shifting thoughts your way!
  • @Momifbysea - I'm so glad you are out of the hospital. It's nice that the dr. said you should expect at least one more bleeding incident. I would think that way it won't be as stressful when it does happen. (not that it's not always stressful, you'll just be expecting it). Here's praying everything goes well and baby makes it to no nicu time! 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 thank you! Yes I agree, when you know likelihood’s of risk you can have a plan and it eases my mind a bit.

And on that note, I will be moving to the 3rd tri board this week! See you all soon over there!
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @Momifbysea glad that you are out of hospital. Hoping for uneventful 8-12 week period 
  • @Momifbysea The midwife didn’t sound too hopeful that it would move but I have an appointment tomorrow to discuss and today I have my fetal echocardiogram! Looking forward to staring at this little man for a while this afternoon.
  • @Momifbysea glad to know that you're out of the hospital! what a great news and congrats on moving to 3rd trimester! i will keep you in my prayers! 
    @ndz2018 U/S is always exciting! keep us posted !

• @Momifbysea So my placenta is Anterior and a complete previa BUT it’s still early they will check it again at 32 weeks they said.