TTC After a Loss

March Randoms

Re: March Randoms

• @Mack2342 It’s beautiful!  Great job!  I love the two tone cabinets and the backsplash.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Thanks ladies! @ruby696 yes we painted them ourselves.  We got a got of $2000 and I wasn’t paying that for something I could do.   We washed the cabinets with TSP then lightly sanded them.  Put a good primer on and sanded again.  We used Sherwin Williams pro classic paint it’s pretty self leveling paint.  But I added flotrel to the paint to help with self leveling so we have virtually no roller or brush marks.  They look like they were sprayed.  If I had any marks in between paint coats I gave it a light sand and painted over it. It took a long time basically because I only did it on weekends but glad we saved the money.  I debated about putting poly on them to help with chipping but I came to the realization that no matter what they would chip so without poly it’s easy to touch up. I can give you step by step if you want just PM me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Mack2342 it looks awesome! We have a very similar kitchen layout and two tone as well and I just love it. Ours is green on the bottom and white on the top with white subway tile backsplash so very similar to yours. The white just makes it all look so much cleaner. Great job!
  • @40momma I painted the kitchen white and it make the room look so much bigger.  I decided to flip and put white on bottom bc we plan to get a dark hardwood floor so the white will pop 
  • @Mack2342 great idea. We have light for floors so we went with the colour on the bottom and the white on top. Everyone always comments on the two tones. 
  • @Mack2342 looks fabulous!! So impressed that you did it yourselves!!
  • @char245 thanks.  It was a lot of work not hard just took a long time.  My poor DS (3yrs) was not so excited as he was left to his own basically on the weekends.  First time doing tile work too and I think it looks pretty good 
  • @mack2342 the kitchen looks great!  I love that you did it yourself, we did our kitchen last year and there was no way we were going to tackle that ourselves in our old home. One day I would love to learn how to do more of that.
  • @Mack2342 awesome! we are about to do a DIY bathroom refresh! You're making me excited to get going with it!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited March 2019
    here's a question for the ladies who have had known chromosome issues with losses - were you advised to keep trying naturally? did anyone ever recommend going straight to IVF with PGS/D? Should I ask this on a diff board?

ETA: our first pregnancy was achieved with letrozole & monitoring (a cancelled IUI cycle actually), so I'm concerned about needing a medical intervention the first time, now coupled with a known trisomy 13 issue as the outcome. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin both my OB and RE encouraged us to keep trying on our own *TW* we have a healthy 2.5 year old, so I don’t know if that makes them feel like only some of my eggs have issues. But both of them don’t seem overly concerned about the chromosomal issues, I on the other hand am very nervous! Therefore, with the one round of IVF so far, where we got eggs, we did do PGS for my piece of mind. 
  • @chichiphin our first loss was Trisomy 9 and we were encouraged to try again as chromosomal issues can be random and happen at any age.  After loss #2 we went to an RE because I was almost 42 and we wanted to make sure we weren't missing something. After all my testing came back clean, it was suggested to either keep trying naturally or do IVF w PGS to eliminate the chromosomal issue. Their thought was we could do IUI or IVF without testing, but while that might speed up my getting pregnant I still had the same chances of chromosomal problems being older. Sounds like you are already under the care of an RE, are they suggesting IVF/PGS?  From what I've seen on other boards, it seems like it's something mentioned as an option, but not always strongly recommended unless you have certain issues (repeated losses, etc.). There is a lot of discussion around IVF & PGS testing on the Infertility board, you may also want to ask about this on there.
  • @mackorori we were under the care of an RE for sperm + low progesterone issues. I'm only 28, soon to be 29, so it shouldn't be an issue to try again with the same protocol for getting pregnant, but the idea of going through this process is gut-wrenching.

Now the whole game gets changed if our cytogenetics come back indicating anything hereditary. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin yeah, that was the other thing I forgot is if you ended up having a specific hereditary/genetic issue they might suggest PGS. If that comes back clean it sounds like you have good chances for trying again and having success. Doesn’t make it any less difficult to deal with the “what-ifs” of course. I dream to go back to the innocence before all this happened.
  • @chichiphin We were advised to try again naturally as IVF/PGS wouldn’t be able to detect the genetic issues DS had, even if it was hereditary.  If it happens again, I think we would either try egg/sperm donor or adoption.  My MFM was very confident that it was a genetic fluke and any subsequent pregnancies would be “normal.”
    CP 3/2019
  • Hoping ours is a fluke 100%. I also hope it doesn’t take the full 4 weeks to get our results back, but in a way it’s a good buffer of time to make sure we are emotionally ready to try again. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• yall need to reality check me. unfortunately I started A TON of threads on September BMB, and I couldn't help be a salty bitch about the latest comment in the NIPT thread that I started. I'm trying to decide if that persons remark was actually flippant or not, but regardless I couldn't help but say something  :#
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin ugh it’s so hard when you’re an active part of a bump group and then experience a loss. I went and read both of your responses and I don’t think she was being flippant but I also don’t think you came off salty either. I think she’s just very relieved and wanted to talk about it but I think you were also right to clarify that numbers matter! 
    edited March 2019
    okay thank goodness @char245 I totally tempered my response. I don't want someone to read that and be like, "oh all this hype over NT measurements is silly because it can mean nothing!" I also can't be the world's police with this stuff. I wonder if there is a way to stop getting notifications for all of the threads I created over there... 

ETA - figured out how to remove that notification setting. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin I agree with @char245 on what I took away in tone from both the poster and your response. I thought the comments throughout the thread advocating for the NT if you want it and stressing that the NIPT captures the major trisomies but is not everything was spot on. I’ve met the women who have found out more later, they are so heartbroken because they though the NIPT was this magic test. Maybe this is all just so near to my heart and triggering, but in my journey I’ve found that knowledge is power and it just seems like some OBs are not really educating women. Not that I want them to be all doomsday and take away the innocence, but to understand what these scans and tests really are for.

OK...now I’ll get off my soapbox. Thanks for letting me rant a bit.
  • @chichiphin I think you were fine. I feel like a lot of women just think the NT and AS are just a chance to have a long US and find out the sex (AS). Uh, no. The NT and AS are terrifying until they're over. 
  • Anybody else have a shorter LP?  Mine has been 10 days since I started tracking in November.
    CP 3/2019
  • @dpchickens ❤️❤️❤️ Oh friend I fully get it now ugh. I’m glad it didn’t come out as bad as I thought. Also glad mangos popped in to say something too...

@SpongeWorthy I had 9 day LPs before my loss. Not sure where they’ll be after.... my progesterone testing turned out to be low & I went on 400mg a day the next cycle after O
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin I've seen a heck of a lot saltier coming from @dpchickens and I'm rooting her on every time. Sure, I'd love to be naive again but after 4 losses, I'm bitter with the women that think Pregnancy is so darn easy. Salt away, we've got your back 
  • 40momma Legit me the last few years:
    Mad Salt GIF by Brimstone The Grindhouse Radio Hound Comics
    I Win GIF by Lawrys Seasoning
    Notice the extra helping of spice (seasoning?) in with that salt... Yeah... that shit's free of charge!  :tongue:
  • Lovin’ it @dpchickens.   I mean I hate that we are here but since we are bitter away.   
  • Since this is March RANDOMS and I am sorta de-lurking at the moment... 
    I got my IUD put in last Wednesday and it off and on again hurts like hell... even though it's NOT supposed to cause 'that' much pain and the nurse chick on the phone telling me to take some motrin before procedure said "Well, I'm sure with all you've been through it'll be no big deal." It IS a big deal.. It hurts. Thankfully it's getting better but this whole lack of pain tolerance thing I've got really freaking sucks. And my mom is all like "I've had 3 IUDs and they're just a pinch, so I don't know what you're whining about... you're crazy!"  Like... thanks... 

And I think the emotional aspects of when it hurts more just throws me over the edge.  I mean, I'm doing this because I don't WANT to ever have a period again and not sure I want to even attempt PG ever again, and if DH weren't against adoption so much I'd probably have gone straight for an ablation/hysterectomy. So, the fact that it hurts so damned bad and started to remind me of MC pain when it's at it's worst is just no bueno. 

Anyone ever have an IUD and remember it being a painful biotch early on? Please tell me this shit goes away? Cause I'm off/on legit about to take a rusty knife to my lady bits and then tell DH they HAD to take them out...
  • SpongeWorthy  I don't think 10 days is too short?  I think it's questionable if it's under 9 or something like that?  But, sorry, I've sorta been repressing memories about TTC lately... hopefully someone else can get you an answer!  Short LPs were never my issue...(yay ONE thing goes for me???)
    harry potter quidditch GIF by chuber channel
  • @dpchickens Your IUD shouldn't hurt if they placed it right. I had one (hated it and my hair fell out, so watch that...), and I had a period every three weeks with it because it wasn't placed right. But it was never painful after it was put in. Maybe call back and ask for a doctor to check placement?
  • @dpchickens I second ruby - mine never hurt after placement. I just bled A LOT after sex a few times in a row, so that thing got pulled out real quick afterward. Honestly my fave form of bc was continuous pill packs, so only 4 periods a year. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• ruby696 and chichiphin   So, the placement itself hurt more than I was expecting. Felt like my endometrial biopsy (where they shoved a catheter up my cervix. Ouch!), just a lot quicker procedure. I was dying for a bit afterwards, but within an hour or so I felt absolutely fine. The next day and since then I've had cramps and backaches that at times have been so bad I've had nausea and wanted to curl in the fetal position and cry. 

I have an appointment for a string check in a few weeks (to ensure it didn't fall out?). 

I was dying and called crying on Saturday afternoon, and the nurse basically told me that cramps and backaches are common, and that they would last 1-2 weeks possibly off/on. To take some motrin and use a heating pad. :cold_sweat:  Apparently I have no pain tolerance (which I knew), and they refused to do anything more. I was told I could go to urgi-care / ER to check placement. But I've been to the ER twice this year so far and really not wanting to go again at this point since it takes FOREVER and usually their ability to help me is about at a 0...
  • @dpchickens What kind of IUD did you get? I think people are more prone to cramping with copper IUD's. I don't think the string check appt is going to confirm proper placement. If your gut feeling is something is wrong, get it checked. Ugh, I just hate that you can't catch a break.
    edited March 2019
    Okay so the first 48 hrs were hell for me for my IUD, but then anything else was minor/dull. I wouldn’t sit on pain like that much longer @dpchickens - does your Gyn do “urgent” appts Monday-Friday? That way it isn’t the ER.

edit - words are hard 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Had my second acupuncture appointment last night. Not sure if it’s going to do anything for me but I figured if I’m trying all this Western medicine, why not throw some Eastern medicine in there too! If nothing else it was so relaxing I fell asleep! 
  • @char245 I did acupuncture for about 9 months.  I didn’t see a difference with fertility but it was very relaxing for me. 
  • @char245 I’ve been doing acupuncture for a couple of years. I don’t know how my fertility would have been otherwise, but it did improve my cycles (they were all over the place after my first D&C) and I found it helpful as a stress relief. Hope you find it helpful.
  • @char245 I did about 6 months of acupuncture before I got pregnant this last time and then continued up until I was 10 weeks. Before I was pregnant I found it really decreased any pms I had previously had. While I was pregnant it was a great way to just relax and connect and kept me calm. Unfortunatly after I was told this pregnancy wasn't viable I stopped going. I still haven't miscarried so I'm considering making another appt as I've read it can help speed things along if they use certain pressure points.