November 2019 Moms

Group 3 Check-In Nov 17-24, w/o 3/18

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GKTY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation?

Re: Group 3 Check-In Nov 17-24, w/o 3/18

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov. 19/ 4 + 6

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming Appointments: I'll (hopefully) have an ultrasound at my first appointment 3/27, although I'm worried it will be too early to see much (6+1).

How are you feeling?: Pretty nauseated, but I haven't thrown up yet!

Rants/Raves: I'm helping to organize a event/potluck this evening with my church, and all the organizers are supposed to bring pulled pork (made in the slow cooker for 8 hours). I thought this was a great idea when we talked about it last month, but I am really regretting it today. My entire house smells like pork, I'm only on hour four, and the smell is making me want to puke! 

Questions: Anyone have any great recipes that don't trigger your nausea? I don't recommend making pulled pork!

GKTY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation?: This totally makes me sound like a wet blanket, but I don't really love vacations. I like the idea of it, but in reality, I just find it kind of stressful and exhausting. Usually, when we travel, we visit family, which I do really like. I think my ideal vacation would be to rent a cabin somewhere secluded for a week, and just hang out.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/18.   5+1

Baby is the size of a(n):Sesame seed 

Upcoming Appointments: 4/11 (8 weeks)

How are you feeling?: so far so good minus the exhaustion 

Rants/Raves:  today is my Friday and we're going on a little mini vacation to the aquarium tomorrow for spring break. 

Questions: nope 

GKTY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? Best vacation was probably our honeymoon to the Bahamas, we had so much fun. My dream vacation is an Alaskan cruise 
  • Loading the player...
  • **I did an intro under the peanut username on the intro board.  I was able to switch back to my other username (this one) somehow.**

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/23 / 4w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppy seed

Upcoming Appointments: First ultrasound and appointment at 9 weeks.  I'm waiting to see if my new doctor will want to do any betas or see me earlier based on my history, but considering my most recent pregnancy was healthy (and fairly uncomplicated : P), I think we may just wind up waiting until the 9 week appointment.

How are you feeling?: Pretty much fine?

Rants/Raves: I slept like crap last night, but I did work out this morning.  

Questions: Nothing at the moment!

GKTY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation?: I backpacked through Europe for several weeks and I think that's probably the best vacation I ever took!  Hawaii is also pretty high on the list.  At the moment, Greece is pretty high up on my list of places to visit.
  • @kimmer1412 we did an Alaskan cruise a few years ago and it was awesome!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/17 - 5w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: not until 9w2d (<this annoys me, new Dr)

How are you feeling?: slightly nauseous and tired 

Rants/Raves: Upset that I had to switch Obs, even more upset with the office/receptionists at the location that is tier 1 for insurance. Wish my old OB still delivered babies :( 

Questions: baby # 2 so no questions yet, just trying to remember everything from the first go 'round! 

GKTY: What was the best vacation you ever took? Hawaii!  What is your dream vacation? Visiting the other islands of Hawaii 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming Appointments: Haven't made one yet. Should probably get on that.

How are you feeling?: Feeling nauseous thinking about how nauseous I'm going to feel in a few weeks. Trying to enjoy not being miserable so far. 

Rants/Raves: Whatever pollen is around this week is apparently something I'm really allergic too because my allergies are out of control. My nose is running nonstop and it's so so so gross.

Questions: 

We took a family trip to Galveston last year before baby 3. We kept it very simple and it was really fun since the boys were finally old enough to enjoy doing things without giant tantrums every which way (mostly). 
    Dream vacation is Antarctica- though by the time we can afford it it'll probably be all melted. Boo climate change. 
  • @kimmer1412 I hope you enjoy your trip to the aquarium tomorrow!
    @Costagna16 How frustrating about your OB! I would feel so at a loss if I had to switch. Fingers crossed that you like your new one just as much!
    @LoneStar21416 @maythe4thbewithyou1234 Are y'all in Texas too? I'm in South Texas!
  • @abbsters-2 I was, but not anymore! We called DS Lonestar (LS for short) as his nickname while in the womb since he was conceived right when we got to Texas. I miss the weather :)
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 21/ 4+6

Baby is the size of a(n): waterbear/poppy seed/fleur de sel/sawdust (thanks to the Ovia app haha)

Upcoming Appointments: *TW* So I had a 2nd blood draw today because I have a now extensive history of miscarriage. My numbers from Monday looked great! (according to the midwife) and fingers crossed they still look great when she calls me tomorrow. Then I may have an ultrasound in a few weeks. Normally our practice waits until 9/10 weeks but I guess this is one perk of needing some extra care

How are you feeling?: Most days pretty fine. I sometimes feel queasy but mostly I swing back and forth between not at all hungry and SUPER hungry. 

Rants/Raves: So I work at a university and I left during my lunch break to go to the Dr's office and I came back and parking was a nightmare. It took me 10-15 minutes to walk from my car to my office

Questions: N/A

GKTY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? I've only really ever been on vacation to Williamsburg, VA which I love! (We live just a few hours from there now) and Philly for my honeymoon. I would love to go to Ireland
  • edited March 2019
     Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 24

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppy seed (yes, thank you Ovia!)

Upcoming Appointments: April 24. Seems so far away still!

How are you feeling?: Better today than yesterday, but can't escape the exhaustion. It's like a fog 

Rants/Raves: @ashcakes921 I used to work at a university and the parking was INSANE. At least with my new job I get front row parking...but that's about the only perk lol

Questions: N/A

GKTY: What was the best vacation you ever took?  What is your dream vacation? Going up to Door County, Wisconsin was the best vacation ever for me. Anyplace with a lake, hiking, and gorgeous views and I'm sold. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 21/ 5 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: 03/28

How are you feeling?: a bit nauseated  and fatigued but otherwise good

Rants/Raves:  The Indigestion is worst than last time. Everything I eat bothers me. Sometimes I have to sleep sitting up 

Questions:  N/a

GKTY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? This past year I took a trip to the Bahamas without my kid. It was a nice break and just to have time to myself so refreshing. My dream vacation is to go to Hawaii as a family.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 27 4+4

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed

Upcoming Appointments: Just found out Friday night so haven't been Able to call a Dr yet.

How are you feeling?: Breast hurt. Some mild cramping, seems to be better today. Nervous and excited.

Rants/Raves: Everything is going splendid so far.

Questions: Considering a midwife and birthing center but am afraid I will need an epidural. This is my second child, first was hospital birth.

GKTY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? I travel a good bit but my favorite vacation is anywhere there is a funky music festival. I live Bonnaroo, EDC, and Hulaween.
  • ka9546ka9546 member
    edited March 2019
    Hello! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov. 23/ 5 + 3

Baby is the size of a(n): orange seed

Upcoming Appointments: just bloodwork next Tuesday and again that Thursday 

How are you feeling?: nauseous but only dry heaving, peeing allllllll the time, emotional, breast are huge, and up 5lbs already 

Rants/Raves: I can’t believe it... just had a baby 6mos ago 🤦🏼‍♀️

Questions: I’m blank 

GKTY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? Mexico 🇲🇽 my dream vacation would be Hawaii 

* edited how many days I was 
  • lw11lw11 member
    edited March 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 17. 6 weeks + 2

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry or sweet pea 🤗

Upcoming Appointments: April 8 is my first prenatal appointment but I went to my DR a couple days after taking a test to confirm and get the bloodwork done. 

How are you feeling?: mostly good. I was great up until Sunday (6 weeks) last 2 days I’ve been waking up very naseous and not enjoying food as much. Small amount of cramping but mostly I’m good!

Rants/Raves: I hate having so many questions and having to wait for appointments. I ended up calling and talking to the RN at my dr office cause I had too many that couldn’t wait. I also don’t like waiting for an ultrasound. In canada if you are low risk you wait longer. Not sure if I get one at 12 or wait until 20 😕

Questions: honestly I’m a hypochondriac....I have a few friends who has epitomized pregnancies and now I’m worried I will. Even though I’m 6 weeks and minimal cramps no spotting....any warning signs I should look out for? 

Hubby and I have been very fortunate to travel ALOT. Favourite trip was our honeymoon! 4.5 weeks in France Switzerland and Italy!!  Second would be just this past trip in feb to Hawaii since we assumed it would be our last trip before me getting pregnant lol well I was right. Convinced in Hawaii 🙈lol little aloha baby 🌈🌺
    🌈☀️🦄💃🏻💕