November 2019 Moms
Options

Plus-size Mom Check-In 3/12

I noticed that doing a Tuesday Plus-Size Check in was on the list of suggested threads., so I thought I'd kick it off!  How are you doing? Have you found a size friendly provider yet?

I'm a FTM. EDD 11/2. I have a lot of medical anxiety around my weight, and I'm really hoping to avoid unnecessary intervention. I don't like how my current OBGYN office has been handling my care re: my BMI , so I'm switching to a new practice. I have my first appointment with my new midwife on the 26th and I'm hoping it goes well.

Re: Plus-size Mom Check-In 3/12

• Options
    Can't believe I didn't notice this thread yesterday... 
    This is my 3rd pregnancy and hopefully 3rd baby.  EDD is November 8th, which is actually my mother's birthday as well.  I'm waiting for my appointment with my physician so he can refer me to an OB, hopefully the same with my two other pregnancy.  I remember being hooked up near the end of my pregnancy, with my daughter, to make sure she was growing correctly.  I'm hoping to actually lose some weight, so I've been trying to find some sort of program or even speaking with the OB about it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    FTM, I was worried my weight would impact fertility and my OB didn't think I was heavy enough to warrant concern - I thought she was crazy but here we are!  ED 11/6, going back 4/1 for first check up.  I'm trying to stay right at 1800 Cal with goal of ultimately losing post partum (I was on 1500 Cal and down around 10lbs since Jan)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi All, I am a plus size mama to be. I am 5 weeks pregnant with my very first. We did it through IUI due to my (39). EDD is 11/14. I got my results back from my second HCG and I was at 620.70 and looking good. I will be going in for my first ultrasound on 4/1. Very excited. 

Big congrats to you all. 
  • Options
    mczzi7788mczzi7788 member
    edited March 2019
    @christalfung Congrats. Question, how did you get the Lilpye added? I tried but couldn't figure it out. 

• Options
    christalfungchristalfung member
    edited March 2019
    @mczzi7788 When you customize it on https://lilypie.com/ , click the tab “forum” and choose the “PseudoHTML”.  Once you’ve copied the url, go on your signature setting and click the <url>, paste and enter button.  I’m now on the mobile app and can’t get on the regular version.  Hopefully that helps!  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mczzi7788mczzi7788 member
    edited March 2019
  • Options
    hi....plus size momma here.  My OB for my first pregnancy wasn't concerned but one of the other providers in the practice shamed me after i gained 10 lbs over the course of two months when that was my first weight gain in 4ish months.  I did have GD and many other complications for delivery but nothing specifically related to my weight.  The only thing that was done in regards to my weight was put the label in my chart of "high risk" nothing was done to monitor my "high risk" 

i hope you ladies can all find an OB that doesn't weight shame you.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rmarble23 I'm so sorry you were weight shamed. I can totally relate. I'm changing practices because a nurse at the office where I was getting my GYN care pre-pregnancy told me to "stop eating so many sweets and cake" when I went in to confirm pregnancy with their office. I was like "um, excuse me you don't know how I eat."  I hadn't even met with a provider about my pregnancy and that nurse was just completely unprofessional! I enjoyed so much telling her that I was switching practices to find an office with less weight bias.