November 2019 Moms

Fit Friday / Healthy Habits 3.15.19

Forgot it was Friday today!

Check in here if you want to discuss working out, eating healthy, or any other healthy habit you're working on!

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?

2. How did you do this past week?

3. What are you planning on doing this coming week to set yourself up for success?

Re: Fit Friday / Healthy Habits 3.15.19

• 1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?
    Eating healthier, drinking water, and working out 4x per week.

Not great. I had some nausea and it really was difficult to eat at all, let alone eat healthy. I also didn't manage to really workout other than a couple walks during my lunch break.

3. What are you planning on doing this coming week to set yourself up for success?
    I'm planning to make time to do a prenatal workout 2 days this week before work. It's clear that I won't do it when I get home, so I need to force myself to do it at 6am before I go to work. I'm picking Tues/Thurs and setting a reminder in my phone.
  • @creamcheeseplease I’m the same way- I have to workout in the morning or it doesn’t happen. Sometimes I can find motivation to do an evening workout with a YouTube channel I lIke but rarely. 

1. I made a lot of health changes at the beginning of this year. I’ve lost 20lbs so it’s been super motivating. My main goal is just to keep it up during pregnancy.  

2. Last week went well for me. Made it to the gym 4 times. Ate decently. Noticing pregnancy is drawing me to more carbs. 

3. I meal plan on Fridays and it really helps keep my diet on track. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...

• 1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now? 

I'm working on making better food choices. I can't exercise right now so I will work on that later when I'm cleared for exercise. 

I baked 2 batches of cookies and only shared a few with my kids. 🤦‍♀️ so not good. 

I would like to plan out some low carb IP meals. Everything I have cooked has turned out delicious and was super easy so I want to start using it more. 
  • 1. What healthy habits are you working on right now?

Trying to maintain exercise and healthy nutritious meals!

2. How did you do this week?

Meh. I did pretty good on the exercise front,  but all I want to eat is bread! All flavorful food is making me gag. I prepared a delicious meal with salmon and a greek vegetable salad yesterday, all DH had to do was pop it in the oven. Well, by the time I got home from work at 1130 PM there was just no way I could stomach it ☹I feel like a failure! I normally love healthy foods!

3. What are you planning on doing this upcoming week to set yourself up for success? 

I planned a healthy set of meals for the week. I can't afford to waste food so hopefully I can stomach at least some of it! At the very least I'll try to maintain my exercise and drinking lots of water. 

@emeraldcity603 oh man now I want cookies!
  • @sassafras917 during my last pregnancy I couldn't tolerate anything sweet. The thought of it made me gag. *TW I MC mid Dec and I started making cookies for the kids as a festive treat. My sweet tooth was kicked into overdrive and I have been baking cookies ever since. Now I have a cake left over from my daughter's birthday party so I will likely have a few more slices of that. 🤦‍♀️ lol, MS should be kicking in soon so I won't be able to enjoy stuff like this soon. 
  • gapmom2019gapmom2019 member
    edited March 2019
    1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?  Drinking half my body weight in water, getting my veggies, fruit, and protein in, and exercise.

2. How did you do this past week? Great on the water!  So-so on diet.  Exercise was basically non existent. My daughter had her wisdom teeth out so I've been taking care of her and then I got sick with a virus. :(

3. What are you planning on doing this coming week to set yourself up for success? This week I am planning on going to yoga 2-3 times, continuing with my water, and snack/meal prepping for work.  We've been on spring break so I haven't had to do that yet, but go back to school tomorrow.

@sassafras917 That's how I was with my first pregnancy.  I think my first trimester I pretty much lived off of plain noodles with a little butter and parmesan cheese!  Right when I hit my second trimester everything sounded good again!

• 1.  I started a gym routine a month before getting pregnant.  I'm keeping up the same routine.  Drinking tons of water and making smart food choices. 

2.  I did great.  Kept up the gym routine and got in more veggies.

3.  I'm going to pack a lunch and healthy snacks each day for work next week.