October 2019 Moms

March FTM Check-In

Ooops! Sorry this is so late. How are all of the first-time moms out there?
How far along are you?

Any new symptoms?

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? 

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most?

TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: March FTM Check-In

• How far along are you?
    10w1d

Any new symptoms?
    Nothing new - same old nausea (although this is getting better!), fatigue, and sore boobs.

No OB appointments coming up, but I'm scheduled for NIPT bloodwork at the end of this week.

I'm most looking forward to feeling flutters and kicks. I'm probably most nervous about passing all the milestones with a healthy baby, and then I'm pretty nervous to give birth 😬

Not right now!

I can quote most of the classic Disney movies, particularly Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King.
  • Yay! So glad there is a FTM thread. I love the other check-in posts, but sometimes being so new to this journey makes me feel a little disconnected. Excited to get to know the other FTMs out there! 

How far along are you? 9W4D 

Any new symptoms? Nothing new, but fatigue has kicked up a notch, which may have something to do with daylight savings. 👎🏻 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Panorama test on Thursday. The wait for those results is going to be BRUTAL.  

I am most looking forward to finally being able to feel the baby. I know that’s going to be a while. It’s so nerve racking to not know what’s going on and hope everything is okay between appointments. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Who has a fetal Doppler and have you been able to find a heartbeat? Just got mine and no luck so far, just heard the placenta, but I’m hopeful that I will hear it eventually. 

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most? Monty Python and the Holy Grail. “Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?” 😂

• Loading the player...
  • I overlooked this until just now!

How far along are you? 7w5d

Any new symptoms? Nothing new, really, but I've had nausea every day since 5w2d and have officially vomited twice. It's awful watching your meal come back up knowing you're going to need to eat again shortly, especially when eating is already a bit difficult.

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? First appointment/ultrasound was March 11 and evening went well! Mini Moo had a heart rate of 148 bpm and measured right on track. My doctor had squeezed me in, so time was a bit crunched, but I felt satisfied with the information she gave in the short amount of time we had. I was not expecting to give seven vials of blood, but the phlebotomist there is good, so I managed.

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? I have to admit, today I was a bit worried as my back started hurting and I had a major lull in morning sickness (went from about a 7/10 to a 3/10 between yesterday and today). But it was as if Baby wanted to say, "hey, Mom, don't worry; I'm still here. I'll show you!" as I ran to the bathroom to greet my dinner again. DH followed me and rubbed my back, which was comforting. That's the first time he's seen me like that, so knowing that he could handle that made me feel good.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Oh, where do I begin... Does anyone else worry about every little twinge of pain or lack thereof?

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most? Probably Sister Act II or The Little Mermaid.
    DD 10/2019
  • meagan-t said:

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Oh, where do I begin... Does anyone else worry about every little twinge of pain or lack thereof?
    Yes, I do this too. No matter how hard I try not to, I still worry about every twinge or lack thereof. 
  • @greenbean-2 I do! They're usually really great, but there was one time I called to make sure it was okay that I threw up four hours after my prenatal (concerned about everything? ✅) and this new nurse started reading from a script about how they don't prescribe meds right away, but that it's an option. I was like, uh, I wasn't asking that. Ha ha! So I just let her do her spiel, hung up, and assumed I was okay.
    DD 10/2019
  • emily1052 said:
    How far along are you? 11w3d

Any new symptoms? Limbs falling asleep easier???  Is that even a thing?  When I wake up to use the bathroom at night I have been noticing it so much.  Arms, hands, legs, and feet.  It’s so strange.  

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go?  I have my 12 week appointment on 3/21!  I also received my NIPT results and all low risk💙

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy?  I’m just loving being pregnant every day.  Even the good and bad days.  I don’t want to take anything for granted.  

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most? Big Daddy, for sure. 

Yes! Limbs falling asleep WAY easier. I wake up wondering if I still have arms and legs! Lol. My little toe also keeps randomly falling asleep too! I thought I was nuts!
  • @limeferret such a weird symptom!  It’s on my list of questions for my doctor this Thursday.  
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    emily1052 said:
    @limeferret such a weird symptom!  It’s on my list of questions for my doctor this Thursday.  
    Babies like to find nerves and press on them. I forget when it started with DS1, but it was definitely around the end of 1st/early 2nd tri switch.
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • How far along are you? 8 weeks today!

Any new symptoms?
    Bleh, the food aversions are the worst! It's nothing in particular, just that nothing is appealing and I feel like anything I eat might make me sick. Also, I feel like I could sleep all day!

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? 
    Had my first US last week, and saw baby's heartbeat! 😍 It's at 177, which was a huge relief.  I'm waiting for my first real appointment on the 5th.

Looking forward to showing and feeling the baby move! I'm most anxious about ticking off milestones and getting good NIPT results. I feel like I'll be able to enjoy the pregnancy once I get the all clear there.

When are you all planning to get baby items? Any good tips on good things to buy secondhand?

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most?
    Besides many of the classic animated Disney movies, I'd say it's the Princess Bride!
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @beachbeck19 just my $0.02- my recommendation would be to spread out the large purchases throughout second and third tri. I would not bet on your shower guests providing those things, so at least budget for them. Since most come in many pieces, early 3rd tri is about the point where you’d want to assemble it because it becomes very difficult to get up and down from the floor as that trimester continues
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • How far along are you? 8 weeks 4 days

Any new symptoms? None, tender breast come and go but I've had almost no symptoms. I know everyone says I'm lucky but bc this is my first baby I'm extremely nervous about it. 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? First appointment with US on the 27th! I can't wait!!!

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? I'm nervous about everything. Lol. Literally! I think I'll feel better once I see the baby on the monitor. I'm looking forward to becoming a mommy! 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? I'm struggling with my partner not being over the moon as expected (he already has kids), is this a sign of doom or completely normal. We both wanted a baby together but didn't plan on it being so soon. How do I get him excited to do things I want to do like announcement pictures and such.

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most? Empire Records (my fav)
  • @prettipiratemama I think it can take a lot longer for a pregnancy to feel real to the non-pregnant partner. I don’t think my husband started feeling connected to our daughter or getting excited until he could feel DD kicking me and see her wriggling around. And he’s an amazing dad now.  So, I wouldn’t worry about his lack of enthusiasm yet. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I missed this one, for some reason never saw it!

How far along are you? 11+1

Any new symptoms? I’ve been vomiting multiple times each day suddenly. Had nausea all along but this is new. So that’s fun. 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Next one is Friday! Then NIPT and NT scan next week. 

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? I can’t wait to start feeling the baby move. Honestly I am loving every part of pregnancy so far - even being so sick this week because it just reminds me that I’m pregnant! As for nervous - pretty much everything. Haha. But I’m especially nervous about breastfeeding/not being able to breastfeed. My pituitary tumor can really interfere with milk production and force me to not do it if I have to go back on my meds due to growth, and that would be a huge bummer. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nothing specific yet but I really appreciate the ladies coming in here to answer questions and share their experiences with us!

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most? Swingers. You’re so money, baby.
  • @novicemama We have a home Doppler and have been able to find the heartbeat pretty regularly for the past week or so (11 weeks now.) We probably would have found it sooner but I now realize that I wasn’t looking nearly low enough, even though I thought I was. Once I figured that out it’s been pretty easy to find most of the time. 
  • How far along are you?  8 weeks, 3 days

Any new symptoms?  Just the constant nausea

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go?  We had our first appointment yesterday, and it went well.  Saw the baby on the ultrasound, heartbeat 170.   

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy?  We really weren't planning on getting pregnant this quickly (we got married in October and I had two foster daughters with me at the time - we're down to one now.  This has been a really crazy start to our lives together and adding a baby into the mix just feels really overwhelming).  We both seem to be kind of emotionally reserved about the whole thing.  When we saw the ultrasound, I didn't feel any overwhelming emotions or feeling of attachment, so I'm a little nervous about that.  I'm also really uncomfortable with the idea of what's going on with my body being public knowledge/and subject to open conversation.  

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  I can't think of anything specific right now, other than whether anyone else felt this sense of detachment and how that played out during the pregnancy?  

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most?  Elf.  :)  
  • How far along are you?
    Just about 10 weeks today (according to first ultrasound. According to LMP, 10 weeks 1 day).

Any new symptoms?
    I started becoming more nauseous after the first ultrasound at 8 weeks. Before that, I was all smug and didn't think I would be MS that badly. I still don't have it that bad, but I throw up almost every morning, before eating anything, so... I'm ready for that to stop.

Also, I just started having aversions to smells I normally don't mind or even smells I usually like. I walked past a store that hat major incense wafting from it and was not into it.

First one was great! Saw heartbeat flicker. Told the rest of the close family (sisters already knew) after that. Next one in two weeks!!

Looking forward to not feeling gross all. the. time. And tired. I am also looking forward to not having to go to work and just nesting. (I'm a teacher and not planning on going back after this school year is done.)

Not at this time.

Probably Forrest Gump. I watch it every time it happens to be on. Although, now we don't have regular cable, so that won't be happening anymore. And, I'm bad at quoting movies. I paraphrase and then the other people (usually men -- why are men so good at quoting movies?) will correct me with the verbatim line.
  • How far along are you: 10W

Any new symptoms - the crazy tiredness is back. Hit today while I was driving home from my sister's! Had to stop for a nap in a Wawa parking lot 😂 appetite seems to be coming back a bit, but I'm still being cautious about what I eat since I've been living on fruit, veggies, and bland foods for the past few weeks.

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go?: Had my first appointment on 3/20/19. Everything looked great. Baby was dancing around and had a great strong heartbeat. Though, I found out I may manditorily have to have a C-section because of a brain aneurysm I had as a child. OB said that we'd be consulting with a neurologist and others to determine the best course of action for birth. Not sure how I feel about all of that.

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? I'm looking forward to learning the sex of the baby at the anatomy scan in a few months. I'm nervous about having to go back to work after he/she is born.

Questions for FTM, or STM: nothing right now.

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most: Anchorman 😂