October 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating 03/15 🍴

I figured we could use a fresh thread for this as everyone is progressing further along and some may be developing cravings now. So tell me: what are you eating?!

DD 10/2019

Re: What my pregnant self is eating 03/15 🍴

• Guilty as charged: I can't get enough of McDonald's cheeseburgers. I've only had them a few times, but 🤤...
    DD 10/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • My cravings change day to day. Yesterday I had to have a Shamrock shake from McDs. Today nothing has sounded good except pizza. Which I now seriously regret eating 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• I am trying to find a good tea to drink that's supposedly "pregnancy safe". What do you all drink?
  • Cass005 said:
    I am trying to find a good tea to drink that's supposedly "pregnancy safe". What do you all drink?
    The Pink Stork morning sickness tea isn't bad and helps with morning sickness - if you have any - as well. They say it can be enjoyed either hot or cold, and it's one of the few teas that I would agree with that (though I prefer this one hot).

My husband found it at Target, but you can also get it on Amazon. It was the same price at both locations for us.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C773G88/
    DD 10/2019
  • My cravings change day to day. Yesterday I had to have a Shamrock shake from McDs.
    I had to have a Shamrock Shake earlier this week, but I kind of regretted it afterward as it tasted way too sweet.

Nothing sounded good to me today either. I look forward to fish fry Fridays during Lent, but my dinner wanted to see me twice today. So DH ran out to get me second dinner afterward. It was okay, but eh.
    DD 10/2019
  • I really want a mcflurry right now... 
  • All the pickles

• lassiecassielassiecassie member
    edited March 2019
    I've not really had any cravings. Some aversions. Well 5-7 was the worst. No vomiting but dry heaved a few times.
    I honestly have just done a lot of snacking on carbs trying to add Greek yogurt for protect. Meat in particular chicken has not been appealing at all. I've had very little appetite and have lost a few pounds. (Don't fret I have some chunk to spare and doctors not concerned). 

• Cheerios and cream cheese..... so good!! 
  • emily1052 said:
    Cheerios and cream cheese..... so good!! 
    More details please. Do you dip the Cheerios in cream cheese?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just had a frosted lemonade from Chick-Fil-A. It was amaze balls!! 🍋🍦
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @greenbean-2 Yes!  Using the cream cheese like a dip.  So good!! 
  • edited March 2019
    Craving chcocolate pie and a chick fil a breakfast biscuit sandwich thing. I want those things so badly, and absolutely nothing else. (And yes I blame all the pi day talk for that first craving. Plus my mom sent me home with chocolate pudding she had picked up when watching my kiddo. It was inspiring)
  • @melanier26's mention of graham crackers made me remember the deliciousness of chocolate graham crackers with cool whip. YU to the UM! I think my husband may be making a trip to the store after his D&D game is over...
    DD 10/2019
  • @theglitteredpterodactyl Maybe dip graham crackers in the chocolate pudding, it’d kinda be like choc pie!
    The chocolate pudding is all gone but I just sent my partner & kiddo off to the store for chocolate pudding, brownie mix and cool whip. It’s gonna be delicious 
  • I'm experiencing a weird combo of aversions and PMS-like cravings this week. MS has been really mild, but the aversions to some food is depressing and so uncharacteristic for me!! 😭 At least fries are always appetizing! I had poutine last night... OMG the best!!
  • After days (weeks?) of really nothing sounding good, I had a taste for broccoli fritters of all things. Whipped up a batch and ate half of it for lunch. 
  • Corned beef and cabbage! 
  • emily1052 said:
    Corned beef and cabbage! 
    I want some sooooo bad! But I say that every year. Not eating any this year.
  • limeferretlimeferret member
    edited March 2019
    I feel like such a piggy! I seemed to have gained 4lbs since that positive test! I am on a carb bender. Korean pastries and bread galore. Miso soup tonight and I cant stop eating radish with soy sauce.

4lbs this soon... how am I stacking up? Lol I need to slow my roll and get back to eating healthy! 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    aprosch said:
    emily1052 said:
    Corned beef and cabbage! 
    I want some sooooo bad! But I say that every year. Not eating any this year.
    I’ve had corned beef three times this week 🙈🙈
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Cass005 said:
    I am trying to find a good tea to drink that's supposedly "pregnancy safe". What do you all drink?
    I love peppermint tea! My doctor said it was fine to drink, plus it helps with any nausea. He also said spearmint tea is good. 
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Currently...a sleeve of saltines as I threw up at work today  :( and none of my normally healthy dinners have sounded good at all. DH is at the store currently texting me...it's not going well.
    2/22/13 - BFP #1, EDD 10/18/13
    10/17/13 - DS (w/ ex)
    6/2/18 - Married DH
    8/25/18 - BFP #2
    9/2/18 - MC at 6w
    2/25/19 - BFP #3 (LMP 1/19, EDD 10/26)
    2/25 Beta #1 3300; 2/27 Beta #2 6700; 3/1 Beta #3 12,100
    <3  Please stick little rainbow baby! <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @egb428 with you in saltine solidarity.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I’m still on a lemonade kick. Grapefruit juice, English muffins with blackberry preserves and mandarins!! 
  • @egb428 oh no 😕 hope you are feeling better soon

@jcbh2018 I’m not usually into lemonade but maybe I should try it. I’m thinking it could help settle my stomach when I get nauseous. I wouldn’t normally think so but dill pickles have been doing that for me lately so maybe some sour lemonade would too!
  • @melanier26 thank you! and lemons do work for me sometimes :) 
    2/22/13 - BFP #1, EDD 10/18/13
    10/17/13 - DS (w/ ex)
    6/2/18 - Married DH
    8/25/18 - BFP #2
    9/2/18 - MC at 6w
    2/25/19 - BFP #3 (LMP 1/19, EDD 10/26)
    2/25 Beta #1 3300; 2/27 Beta #2 6700; 3/1 Beta #3 12,100
    <3  Please stick little rainbow baby! <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • jcbh2018 said:
    I’m still on a lemonade kick. Grapefruit juice, English muffins with blackberry preserves and mandarins!! 
    Yes to the grapefruit juice! Also been eating PB&J which is sort of like your English muffin kick haha. 

Still not loving anything too sweet (besides fruit and popsicles) but it’s probably better that way 🙈 Having a hard time
    drinkong plain water so trying to find something else that’s tolerable and not full of sugar. 
  • fit-mom2b said:

Having a hard time drinkong plain water so trying to find something else that’s tolerable and not full of sugar. 
    Have you looked into flavored waters? A local store in my area sells a brand called Sparkling Ice with lots of flavors and they are about $1 each. They have zero sugar and no aspartame. The bubbles are personally a bit too much for my stomach, but if I shake them up a bit to de-fizz them, it helps.
    DD 10/2019
  • @meagan-t I have but I can taste whatever sweetener is used and don’t like it 🙈 Been trying flavored seltzer water which has been okay but just like you, the bubbles can be a bit much sometimes. Thanks for the rec though!!
  • edited March 2019
    Just went to whole foods and ate mac and cheese and mashed potatoes.... 
  • fit-mom2b said:
    @meagan-t I have but I can taste whatever sweetener is used and don’t like it 🙈 Been trying flavored seltzer water which has been okay but just like you, the bubbles can be a bit much sometimes. Thanks for the rec though!!
    Let us know if you find something you like! I'm about to try grape soda, which I know is awful about sugar, but my SIL mentioned that she loved it during her pregnancy (23 years ago. Ha ha!) and it sounded delicious to me. My diet is so blah right now and I'm trying to eat healthier, but it's been so difficult.
    DD 10/2019
  • meagan-t said:
    fit-mom2b said:
    @meagan-t I have but I can taste whatever sweetener is used and don’t like it 🙈 Been trying flavored seltzer water which has been okay but just like you, the bubbles can be a bit much sometimes. Thanks for the rec though!!
    Let us know if you find something you like! I'm about to try grape soda, which I know is awful about sugar, but my SIL mentioned that she loved it during her pregnancy (23 years ago. Ha ha!) and it sounded delicious to me. My diet is so blah right now and I'm trying to eat healthier, but it's been so difficult.
    Will do!! I did find lower/no sugar added fruit juice from V8 but lately I haven’t been liking it. Go figure! The search continues. 

I feel ya on the diet! I’m on the tail end of a stretch where my normal diet was NOT appealing. It’s subsided a bit but man. All I could eat was pizza, pasta and toast. I did find some better/healthier options if you are interested. I’d be happy to share!
  • Tonight for supper it’s Hawaiian pizza dipped in honey mustard.  
  • @fit-mom2b Oh yes! Please share!
    DD 10/2019
  • My aversion to meat has finally subsided. Today I had a barbacoa burrito from Chipotle and it was perfection!
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19