October 2019 Moms

UO & FFFC 3/15 🔥

Re: UO & FFFC 3/15 🔥

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I have a legit one that’s mixed with a random- I fully intend on filing a complaint today with the hospital and state for scheduling my ASD 4 year old at 11am for a procedure he needs to fast since midnight for. To make it fair, I’m also complaining to the surgeon’s office. Compassionate, my butt. A compassionate person would understand that this is just cruel to a child with ASD at his age. It’s not like he’s a 6/7+ child who can at least get the gist of why he can’t have any food or drink. 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Loading the player...
  • @cmbt2 I would absolutely do the same. That is totally wrong.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @cmbt2 I would absolutely do the same. That is totally wrong.
    If he was even a year older, I’d keep quiet because he’d be able to understand. He’s neurotypical in regards to intelligence, but his communication skills are that of a barely 3 year old. He legit doesn’t even begin to comprehend.

i guess the flame worthy thing is that while I intend to go the proper channels, if they don’t even agree to look at their procedures/policies (which is what I want them to do), I’ll contact the VP I have the contact info for that I met a few months ago and go over everyone’s head
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 Thats awful.  I'd be saying something, too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My UO is that macarons are disgusting.  They've always looked pretty to me and I always thought the outer layers were cake-like, but I'd never had one til the other day.  I about puked from the amount of sugar in them.  Way too sweet and gross.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    This surgeon had 4 other patients already! 4! The receptionists tried to say it was his office faults - “we just book the OR!” Yes, that’s the problem. YOU booked him for an OR at 11am. I’m complaining to the surgeons office as well
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 that’s horrible.  I’m glad you’re doing something about it.  It may not help your situation but maybe keep other parents and children from having to deal with it!  

@scuba_chic I’m totally with you!  I love sweets and I HATE macarons.  
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @emily1052 that’s exactly what I want. For them to just look at the policies and procedures and possibly stop another child in this situation from going through similar. 

Hospital was receptive. They already sent someone to talk to me. Just need to talk to the surgeon’s office about it now- I would have happily taken a different day if there are other kids of similar needs here today
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited March 2019
    UO: I really dislike this new trend of calling your children assholes. I know it's meant in a joking manner and I totally get that toddlers have some assaholic tendencies and parents need to vent on an online forum sometimes. But IRL especially it feels icky to hear someone say, "My kid is such an asshole."
    ETA **TW for joking about death**
    My coworker just told a story about her adult son. She said he was born with the cord wrapped around his neck  and "whenever he's being an asshole we tell him we should have left it there and hung him on the spot."
    I was very WTF to this. WTF to telling your coworkers and even more WTF to actually saying this to your son. Regardless of whether it's a joke, I think it's completely inappropriate and not at all funny.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @galentine OMFG. That’s so messed up! My kids are assholes, no question, but no way could I fathom doing that!

and FTR, DS1 had his cord around his neck and no way in hell would I say something like that
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • galentine said:
    In a more lighthearted UO: fruit mixed with cottage cheese is an abomination. 
    Cottage cheese itself is an abomination.
    galentine said:
    ETA **TW for joking about death**
    My coworker just told a story about her adult son.
    I have a super dark sense of humor and am having a very hard time finding the laugh the. What is wrong with people!?
    cmbt2 said:
    I have a legit one that’s mixed with a random- I fully intend on filing a complaint today with the hospital and state for scheduling my ASD 4 year old at 11am for a procedure he needs to fast since midnight for.
    I am so sorry both you and your son are going through that. It legit just made me tear up to even think about being in your situation. Good luck, I really hope they truly hear you.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • FFFC: I'm leaking like a sieve. Told another female friend at work I'm pregnant, plus two of my closest girlfriends. I had every intention to wait until after NT scan. I'm such a failure 😜
         BabyGaga
  • @greenbean-2 Let's share a tub of the yummy goodness!
    DD 10/2019
  • Hahaha I didn't realize @steminist had beat me to it!
         BabyGaga
  • I am way behind on grading, but I think I am going to catch up by fudging some grades for my AP kids. I hate doing that, because they're already pretty inflated, but I lost track and am behind now. Also, I might have posted this before? Apparently pregnancy brain is hitting me really early this time around!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @scuba_chic I agree. I tried them in France thinking that’d be the perfect place...and was so underwhelmed 

@galentine I don’t like people calling toddlers assholes either. One time I saw a meme on Facebook about flicking your kid off behind their back...I have a 3 year old and ohh he makes me mad but I’d never do that! And that comment your coworker made is upsetting 😔 Her poor son
  • @galentine That is so totally inappropriate and wrong of your co-worker.

My FFFC: I’m boring and suck at FFFC/UO. I guess I’ll go with...I don’t mind listening to most of my sons children’s music and find some of it, especially Laurie Berkner, pretty good and entertaining.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• SchumeratorSchumerator member
    edited March 2019
    @kindbytealikat Same, listening to Raffi always brings back memories for me because that’s what my mom always played :) and of course I love Disney 👏🏼
  • You’re all wrong. Cottage cheese is great, especially with fruit. More for me. 
    Yes!!
  • Confession that @emily1052 will appreciate: I just started tearing up at my desk looking at gifs of Jim and Pam on The Office. 😢😭
  • steminist said:
    I am way behind on grading, but I think I am going to catch up by fudging some grades for my AP kids. I hate doing that, because they're already pretty inflated, but I lost track and am behind now. Also, I might have posted this before? Apparently pregnancy brain is hitting me really early this time around!
    Relating to this so much. Glad I’m not the only one. I’m extremely behind on my grading. Just can’t bring myself to grade essays at home. It probably doesn’t help that mine are 7th graders essays, and they’re really, really bad. 
  • UO: I find the “my kid is an asshole” humor refreshing in its honesty, but I prefer tiny tyrant.  👑 

FFFC: I haven’t cooked a meal for myself in probably about two weeks. Thank goodness for delivery. I just can’t stand on my feet for any longer once I get home. 😴 
  • FFFC: I’m avoiding hanging out with one of my friends because she pushes wine and will know I’m pregnant. She has a big mouth and I’m not ready to tell the world. She’s reached out like 6 times now and I feel like a jerk. 
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Oh, oh, oh- I have an UO (yes, I know it’s Sunday). I don’t think using square footage only is an adequate way to define a “large” house. 

Everyone thinks my house is “large” based on the fact that it’s 2200 sq ft. That includes the 400+ sq ft that is the attached 2 car garage. When you take that out, it’s less than 1800 sq ft of useable living space. To me, a large house would have at least 2200 sq ft of living space alone. 

Come at me, bro
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    steminist said:
    @cmbt2 How weird that your sqft included the garage. The listings where we are only include living space. In fact, I don't think most of the houses in our neighborhood even count the unfinished basement, because you can't really use it yet. Maybe it's a difference in market? Maybe your seller was trying to get a bit of a bump by listing a bigger number...
    🤷🏼‍♀️ No idea. Everyone’s just all “oh, that’s a large house!” when they hear the sq ft, where to me, a large house is more defined by having more space than you actually need (like, we have exactly as much as we need and no more- our only “spare” room is the den; we don’t even have a dining room)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2 said:
    steminist said:
    @cmbt2 How weird that your sqft included the garage. The listings where we are only include living space. In fact, I don't think most of the houses in our neighborhood even count the unfinished basement, because you can't really use it yet. Maybe it's a difference in market? Maybe your seller was trying to get a bit of a bump by listing a bigger number...
    🤷🏼‍♀️ No idea. Everyone’s just all “oh, that’s a large house!” when they hear the sq ft, where to me, a large house is more defined by having more space than you actually need (like, we have exactly as much as we need and no more- our only “spare” room is the den; we don’t even have a dining room)
    That’s weird! Are you in the US? I’ve never heard of anyone including garages or even basements in their sq footage calculations. I wonder if it’s allowed in your state?
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    cmbt2 said:
    steminist said:
    That’s weird! Are you in the US? I’ve never heard of anyone including garages or even basements in their sq footage calculations. I wonder if it’s allowed in your state?
    Yes, the northeast. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2 said:
    steminist said:
    I'm guessing this is regional, but where I live, square footage is listed as whatever space is considered "livable." So our fully finished, walk-out basement is counted in our square footage, but in older homes, basements with unfinished space and no conforming windows would not be counted. And here garage square footage is always listed separately because, again, it's not "livable" space.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    galentine said:
    cmbt2 said:
    steminist said:
    I'm guessing this is regional, but where I live, square footage is listed as whatever space is considered "livable." So our fully finished, walk-out basement is counted in our square footage, but in older homes, basements with unfinished space and no conforming windows would not be counted. And here garage square footage is always listed separately because, again, it's not "livable" space.
    I’m thinking it’s more of a new construction thing. “Hey, come look at this 2200 sq ft house!”
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 also considered North East here. And looking at listings to the point of exhaustion. All the ones here list Sq footage if it's considered living space. I've seen notes that say "finishable basement would give xx more sq ft". I'm really surprised your garage would be included.
  • @cmbt2 I was just going to say, you’re building a new house.  It is definitely a new home builder thing (I work for one).  😊However, here in Texas we have actually sf (includes garage) and marketing sf (living space only).  

• UO: I'm not a fan of the Office or Parks and Recreation..... ***runs and hides***