October 2019 Moms

Group 4 (Oct 23-31) Check-In Week of 3/11

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?
TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: Group 4 (Oct 23-31) Check-In Week of 3/11

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: TOMORROW!

How are you feeling?: Nauseous and hungry. There should be a word for it like hangry. 

Rants/Raves: After my appointment tomorrow and my schoolwork due this week, I think it might be a good time to tell work I won't be returning after my year is up. With the combo of 1st Tri and just not liking it here, I'm completely unproductive. 

Questions: I need food ideas. I had stuffing from our local diner last night for dinner (it's not even on the menu; they made it special for me). Everything sounds gross, but I'm hungry. HELP!

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? Mandatory siesta. 

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 23/ 7+5

Baby is the size of a(n): Ear bud

Upcoming Appointments: Second RE US tomorrow. I'm anxious to be sure we still have a HB and on track growth. First OB is next week if so.

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good. I'm ready for bed by 9 most nights. And as long as I keep snacking the nausea isn't too bad. I could due without the heart palpitations though, they kind of scare me.

Rants/Raves: DS might have strep. We were up all night with a fever and unable to get comfortable enough to sleep. Nap time is nearing.....

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? Oh gosh. So many. But maybe they could be covered by "be good humans" because really, people suck most of the time. So much cruelty.
  • @prpl11butterfly I've been getting weird heart palpitation type of stuff, too. I have a feeling it's mixed in with my nausea/indigestian and triggering anxiety. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/25? (May change to later - I was measuring behind at first u/s)

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: Friday for follow up u/s - was measuring early at the first one and also had an empty sac in addition to embryo so they want to make sure things are progressing normally. 

How are you feeling?: 🤢😴

Rants/Raves: I wish workplaces had nap time. I think I’d get more done because more sleep = less nausea for me. 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?

I like @PenelopeSnuz77 and @prpl11butterfly’s suggestions. Blah I’m not feeling very creative today. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/23 - 7w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Die

Upcoming Appointments: 3/26 😭 I feel like it’s so far away!

How are you feeling?: nauseous all. The. Time. 

Rants/Raves: I’m so ready to start feeling like myself again.

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? Learn how to drive with courtesy 

• jhokaj524jhokaj524 member
    edited March 2019
    First off, I have to say I'm so relieved to hear others talking about looking forward to feeling more like themselves again. I had a particularly rough weekend with mood swings and high anxiety. Good to know I'm not alone!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 10/24 7W4D (although we'll see where I measure when I go for my appointment next week)

Baby is the size of a(n): jelly bean

Upcoming Appointments: March 20! Only 8 more days. Can't wait to have the ultrasound done

How are you feeling?: Today I felt more like myself than I've felt in a while. Peeing A TON. went like 5x in 3 hours. Haha. Generally I've been tired and get nauseated if I wait to long between meals to eat. I've gotten into the habit of bringing snacks to work and that helps. 

Rants/Raves: I'm a FTM and I'm one of the first amongst my group of friends to make the hump. I have a few friends who haven't been super supportive or have stopped responding to me when I try to seek support related to pregnancy. It's weird. Don't know if that's normal. I know they haven't experienced it yet, but it's weird to feel them distancing themselves at a time where I need them to be around.

Questions: anyone else have minimal symptom or symptom free days. My symptoms come and go in different levels of severity. Is that normal?

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? Make the work day shorter and less strenous for pregnant women 😂 the fatigue is SO real.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/26; 7w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: 3/19 

How are you feeling?: Nauseous. Had some stomach issues from food this weekend which did not help! 

Rants/Raves: We had our viability scan on Friday and saw/heard a beautiful heartbeat!!! :smile: Rant: I will gain a ton of weight again if this carbfest keeps up.

Questions: Anyone have larger age gaps between kiddos and/or blended family dynamics? DS will be 6 when this babe arrives and I'm a little nervous, but also excited about it. SS is 12 and SD is 10 and their mother is awful, so not looking forward to even telling them :( 

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? 3 day workweek. That's reasonable, right? 
    2/22/13 - BFP #1, EDD 10/18/13
    10/17/13 - DS (w/ ex)
    6/2/18 - Married DH
    8/25/18 - BFP #2
    9/2/18 - MC at 6w
    2/25/19 - BFP #3 (LMP 1/19, EDD 10/26)
    2/25 Beta #1 3300; 2/27 Beta #2 6700; 3/1 Beta #3 12,100
    <3  Please stick little rainbow baby! <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/31; 6w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea

Upcoming Appointments: First appt/ultrasound on Thursday (3/14)

How are you feeling?: BLAH! I've been having a lot of cramping (no bleeding) and just feeling so tired and not like myself. Hunger is normal but sleep has been hard with the cramps. I was trying to not take anything for awhile but finally took some Tylenol PM this weekend.

Rants/Raves: We had planned to start our family this year (I'm a FTM) but didn't think it would happen so soon. I have two trips planned for this fall I obviously need to cancel or reschedule. Nice problem to have but still stressful since it involves other people who don't know we are expecting yet.

No questions... yet :)

• steministsteminist member
    edited March 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7 weeks, 10/28
    Baby is the size of a(n): Brookesia micra chameleon  Image result for brookesia micra

Upcoming Appointments: 10/25

How are you feeling?: Nauseated, exhausted, had a wicked headache last night, impatient to get through this first stage with all the gross symptoms but none of the fun ones (bump, movement, etc)

Rants/Raves: My DH has been a champ in giving me time to rest in the evenings. Our DS loves to jump and climb on us and have us run races through the house and I am just not up to it these days. H is an amazing dad anyway, but I really appreciate him taking the lion's share of rambunctious playtime right now!

Questions: I'll probably put this in the questions thread, too, but any recommendations for kids books about a new baby? I know there are a million, but of course some will be cuter/funnier/whatever than others.

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? Pick up after your dog, or someone gets to come and poop in your shoes.
  • @egb428 my two bio kids will be almost 9 and 6 when this kiddo is born.  They are excited (both are boys and want a sister)!  We are also getting foster certified and will likely have some new interesting dynamics regarding that soon.  
  • I'm a foster mom.  We have a six year old living with us currently.  But she should be transitioning out to a pre-adoptive home in the next month or two.  We don't have any biological children yet (this will be our first), but if you ever want to chat or ask questions, feel free to hit me up!  I don't know what your plans are, but I couldn't imagine fostering while having a new baby!!  
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: October 27 / 7w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): M&M/Altoid

Upcoming Appointments: We had our first yesterday! Our next one isn't until April 8.

How are you feeling?: I've already said it more than a million times, but the nausea is real. I've also been burping a lot. I've been fortunate enough to have at least one BM a day, but I think that's only thanks to my probiotic. They aren't normal, but I'm so glad I'm not constipated combined with nauseated.

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: I'm ready to feel back to normal, or at least get rid of the yucky symptoms of pregnancy.
    Rave: DH's parents had us over for dinner on Sunday and his mom showed me the outfit she brought him home in. It was adorable! She said I'm welcome to it, if I would be interested. We aren't going to find out the sex, but it'll definitely be one of the first outfits we place on baby if it's a boy. Also, we went into Buy Buy Baby yesterday after our appointment just to look at rockers. We found one that we really liked that is a display only, so it's $150 off. We might buy it, even though it'll need to be cleaned. It was so comfy!

Questions: I know I have a million, but I can't really think of any right now.

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? I love some of the rules the other ladies have posted! For me, it would probably be to keep your family closer than friends. Too often we forget to check on family until it's a moment of trying times, and that's so sad.
    DD 10/2019
  • @steminist
    For what age?

I liked the simple ones for my son who was 2 when my daughter was born. We especially liked "I'm a Big Brother" (there is a sister version) by Caroline Jayne Church. 

I did NOT like the Babies Don't Eat Pizza for my 2 year old. I didn't particularly like the illustrations, and even only reading some words on each page or just alking about the pictures it went over his head. It would be great for a 1st grader or higher though I think, adapting how you read to each kid. 

We also liked Im a Big Brother by Christina Stephenson because it didn't gloss over the annoying parts of babies and how they aren't ready to play yet. 

Finally, there is an entire Daniel Tiger season about Baby MArgaret joining the family. Maybe season 5? We STILL sing the song "there's time for you, and baby too" and "when a baby makes things different, find a way to make things fun," and my "baby" is now two. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wintersong DS is about 2.5, so I'll definitely check out the Church and Stephenson books. I did know about Daniel Tiger, so we'll be pulling those videos up on Amazon Prime pretty soon!
  • @steminist Have you checked to see if your hospital offers sibling classes? I was looking at the pamphlet book my doctor gave me yesterday and they have classes for siblings from 2.5 - 7 years old. Maybe that could help him adjust as well!

DD 10/2019
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 31, 6 wk 5 days -- all according to the Bump :wink:

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea

Upcoming Appointments: March 27th is my first appointment!!! 

How are you feeling?: Pretty great! But also very emotional...

Rants/Raves: Rants- the bloating!! So over the bloating!!

Questions: What good books do you recommend for new dads? My husband was feeling overwhelmed and I want to find him something.

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? Everyone has posted such good ones! But I agree with @steminist and the dog poo!
  • Welcome, @megjohn815! I'm a FTM as well and my husband has been reading We're Pregnant by Adrian Kulp. It's broken up by week and is easy to digest, especially if your husband isn't a big reader. My husband reads his new chapter at the start of each new week and points out interesting facts to me. He really likes it!

Here is a link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1939754682/
    DD 10/2019
  • jess8426jess8426 member
    edited March 2019
    Welcome @megjohn815! We are due date twins :) 
  • @megjohn815 Aw, your names remind me of Little Women.  <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jhokaj524 said:
    Rants/Raves: I'm a FTM and I'm one of the first amongst my group of friends to make the hump. I have a few friends who haven't been super supportive or have stopped responding to me when I try to seek support related to pregnancy. It's weird. Don't know if that's normal. I know they haven't experienced it yet, but it's weird to feel them distancing themselves at a time where I need them to be around.
    I'm in a similar position. It's a bit frustrating and alienating. I've chosen to only tell my 2 best friends so far.. 1 was recently upset that her younger brother started a family before her and is upset that I'm not willing to climb Mt Kili with her in my 2nd trimester so has basically stopped speaking with me... the other friend was supportive first time I told her but has been going through IVF and marriage issues for 2yrs and hasn't said anything to me about it since.. but still texts me about her relationship issues..  Nonetheless I understand your frustration! I cant wait until April (end of 1st tri) when DH and I agreed to tell family and friends. Hope your friends step up their game and support you!
  • @egb428 yes, yes, yes to the 3 day work week! That would mean I'd be done after today!
  • @mmt2019 thank you! I hope the same for you. I'm planning to tell my parents with my husband this weekend, so that should definitely help! His dad will come to visit in early April and we'll tell him then too. Getting closer to being ready to publicly spill the beans. Good luck!!
  • @quidditchcapn1120 yay! glad to hear someone else is in that boat! I think he's gonna be so excited and wanna help with everything, but I was a single mom with him for a couple of years (his dad is still involved but when he was with me it was just the two of us) so worried he will be jealous too. That's amazing about fostering! I've always dreamed about that in the back of my mind. 
    10/17/13 - DS (w/ ex)
    6/2/18 - Married DH
    8/25/18 - BFP #2
    9/2/18 - MC at 6w

• mmt2019 said:
    jhokaj524 said:
    I'm in a similar position. It's a bit frustrating and alienating. I've chosen to only tell my 2 best friends so far.. 1 was recently upset that her younger brother started a family before her and is upset that I'm not willing to climb Mt Kili with her in my 2nd trimester so has basically stopped speaking with me... the other friend was supportive first time I told her but has been going through IVF and marriage issues for 2yrs and hasn't said anything to me about it since.. but still texts me about her relationship issues..  Nonetheless I understand your frustration! I cant wait until April (end of 1st tri) when DH and I agreed to tell family and friends. Hope your friends step up their game and support you!
    Ugh this makes me so sad for both of you. When I had DS, my best friend at the time fell off the face of the earth too. She's since had a kid but never came back around. So shitty, but reality. You'll know who your true circle is through this. We're here for you! 
    10/17/13 - DS (w/ ex)
    6/2/18 - Married DH
    8/25/18 - BFP #2
    9/2/18 - MC at 6w

• Thanks all! It will get better when we come out public I'm sure..

mmt2019 said:
    Maybe an UO but I think it’s asking a lot to expect a friend going through IVF to be super supportive of your pregnancy. Honestly, if you want to keep her in your life, I would meet her where she is and plan things to do/talk about that have nothing to do with your pregnancy. I do hope that when you tell other people you find the support system you need (and if not, that’s what these groups are for :))
    Yes, I dont expect her to want to talk about anything and purposely dont bring it up to respect what shes going through. It's just to say that as a FTM its aleining when you no longer have your 2 besties to confide in and show solidarity in experience with @jhokaj524
  • Not to try to be a Debbie Downer, but I will say that as the only couple in our friend-group with kids, it might be alienating for a while. Obviously, this depends on your friends, but ours are kind of in a friendly-distance phase. We still get invited to things, but not as often, because they all expect we'd have to say no. Our friends always want to plan events at bars at like, 9:30 PM and that is really hard with a toddler at home. When we announced this pregnancy, one of our BFFs said "Oh, so you waited until DS was old enough for you to have free time and just threw it away again?". He wasn't trying to be mean, but people without kids generally just don't have the same understanding of why you are doing the things you do. I'll admit, a lot of our group doesn't really want kids at all anyway, but when we visited our kid-friends where we used to live, the atmosphere at the party was way different. Everyone was sort of keeping an eye out on all the kids collectively and stepped in if a problem didn't look like it needed specifically my attention, whereas my local friends kind of leave me alone with my son at events because they don't really know how to interact with him and with me as a mom. (Sorry this got kind of long and rambling)
  • +1 to what @steminist said. But I’ll also say that I’ve made so many new friends because of my daughter - from daycare and mom’s groups and yes, even TB. We meet new people every weekend at the playground. You need friends who are in the trenches with you when you have little kids, and you will find them if you look. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 31, 6 weeks + 6 days (looks like a couple of us share this date!)

Baby is the size of a(n): honey bee!

Upcoming Appointments: March 25

How are you feeling?: Fine, overly emotional. I've had some spotting with no cramping so I was sent for an US yesterday. I got to see little baby and heartbeat - I cried and have been so relieved since.

Rants/Raves: I want to be involved in this online community but I don't think I am good at keeping up with this. I hope I can make some connections as we all go through this together! This is my first baby and I'm the first of my local friends to go through this. Feeling a bit alone since we haven't told anyone outside of my sister and BFF. I'm hoping this feeling subsides.

Questions/Random thoughts: None at the moment  :)

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? Update your Outlook calendar with you are out of the office - current frustration -_-
  • edited March 2019
    @steminist Well that's a fun little animal! Are you using an app to get that fun info?
  • @deatonpartyofthree yeah, the Ovia app! They also do Parisian bakery foods, the regular fruits & veggies, and "nerdy" (although as a nerd, I find it's mostly just geeky game things, which is also fine, but different to me)
  • I agree, @steminist. Though my husband was excited that this week was a D-6. 😄
    DD 10/2019
  • @steminist I'll have to check it out!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 30/ 7+1

Baby is the size of a(n): M&M

Upcoming Appointments: Haematology appointment in a month. I have a low platelet count.

How are you feeling?: pretty good. My heartburn has been playing up something shocking so I never know if it's my heartburn or 'morning' sickness that causes my nausea. Just really tired. 

Rants/Raves: I know I was to expect it but dang I'm so tired. I work on my feet 9hrs a day x4 days a week and while I know there's plenty more people that do far more than me (I'm lucky it's my first so I don't even have that) but I guess I wasn't expecting to be as tired as I am. But it could also be what's happening with my blood. Unsure 😊

Questions: 

Treat people how you want to be treated.

• I had my first appt today and we saw our little baby for the first time. They said the HB was 120 which I thought was low by I’m only 7w0d and the doctor had no concerns. I go back in 2 weeks for some blood work and then scheduling a NIPT for 12 weeks. I can’t believe I am going to be a mom - it was so crazy to see the ultrasound.