November 2019 Moms

PGAL w/o 3/11

Stolen from J19

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation. 

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you! 

1. How many weeks are you?

2. Previous loss(es)?

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?

4. Any appointment updates?

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY? What are your hobbies? 

Re: PGAL w/o 3/11

• I know there a several of us on this board who have suffered a loss and I need to have a safe place to talk about my fears and anxiety. 

1. How many weeks are you? 4+3

2. Previous loss(es)? 15 week loss 12/18

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I'm up and down emotionally. I get in my head and then I just start crying. I'm hoping I can take a deep breathe after my first US. I feel pretty good physically. So far I only have a few symptoms. Food doesn't sound good even when I'm hungry but I have no problem eating when it is front of me. I'm starting to get some bloating. Still having on and off cramping. Fatigue hit me hard this evening. 

4. Any appointment updates? I see my OB today and had bloodwork done. My next appointment is in 3 weeks for a 7 week US. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm honestly scared to do much more than a brisk walk at this point. I questioned whether I should have walked up the stairs at the hospital today instead of taking the elevator. I'm terrified of getting another SCH. Mine was so abnormally large with my last pregnancy and I wonder if all the exercise I was doing caused it to grow. So, I'm basically just taking it easy and not exerting myself. 

6. Any milestones coming up? 15 weeks is my milestone. So I have a ways to go. 

7. GTKY? What are your hobbies?  I love to sew. Although, sometimes I'm just too lazy to do it. I want to start scrapbooking too. I think my type A personality keeps me from doing it because I'm scared I can't make it pinterest perfect. So I just don't start. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 Thanks for starting this! I think we may have been on the June 2019 BMB together, although I left pretty early before I started participating much. I hope your appointment went well today! And I wish I could sew! I can follow the pattern instructions, but fitting totally escapes me. 

1. How many weeks are you? 4 + 2

2. Previous loss(es)? Miscarriage around 8 weeks in 10/18

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically, pretty fatigued, and I'm starting to have some food aversions, but otherwise pretty well so far!. Emotionally, I'm having a hard time. I want to be excited about this baby, but I'm also terrified that we'll have another loss, so I don't want to get too emotionally invested. But then I feel guilty about not being excited. I feel like everything is making me anxious: I'm anxious if that that I don't feel sick enough, but I also get anxious any time I feel a cramp, and I'm scared whenever I use the bathroom. 

4. Any appointment updates? My first appointment will be March 27. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? The weather is finally warming up, and I am so happy! I sat outside in the backyard today while my toddler ran around, and it was really nice.

6. Any milestones coming up? I'm hoping I'll feel better after my first appointment. Last time, the baby was measuring about a week behind at our first ultrasound, and I miscarried about a week later. If our ultrasound is okay and the dates are in line with when I ovulated, I'm hoping I'll be able to relax a little.

7. GTKY? What are your hobbies? I love to knit, bake and read! I just started knitting a baby blanket yesterday, and I'm really excited about how it is looking so far! I finished my son's when he was a year old, so hopefully I'll get it done closer to on time.
  • Loading the player...
  • @abbsters-2 I was so sick from 8DPO with my last pregnancy. It was so abnormal for me because I usually don't feel sick until 6 or 7 weeks. So even though I want to feel pregnant, I'm also scared for this pregnancy to mirror my last in any way. 

I would love to learn how to knit. I have never tried to learn because I feel like it is hard. It looks hard. Are you reading a good book now? 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I totally understand that feeling. This is really a difficult time, but I'm happy to have this board to talk about it! We're not announcing yet (I'm not sure when we will), so it is really helpful to have a supportive place like this!

Knitting isn't that hard! It's really just different combinations of two different stitches. I'm sure you could pick it up pretty quickly, especially if you are already good at making things! I like it because it gives me something pretty mindless to do with my hands. I find sewing much more complicated, because you can't just blindly follow the instructions, and you have to really understand fabric and fit!

I am currently on a Malcolm Gladwell kick (a few years late! A bunch of people told me to read his books about ten years ago, and I kept putting it off). I really liked his books Outliers and The Tipping Point, although I usually stick with fiction (I read a lot of fantasy). 
  • @abbsters-2 I need to get a book and just teach myself. I'm about to see some burp clothes for a raffle for Bunco next week. I don't really sew things that require much fitting. I sewed a dress for my daughter once but my mom helped me the entire time. 

• I learned from youtube videos!
  • This has come up in a few loss groups I’m in. Sounds like it may not be released in time for any of us to use it this pregnancy but I thought it was really interesting 

https://owletcare.com/pages/band

A really big soap box issue for me is at home dopplers, and those who forgo professional monitoring when they have decreased kick counts because they can find a heartbeat on their at home doppler. It sounds like this might be a more accurate tool to track movements and heart rate variability to maybe not give a false sense of security. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Kurtni I have heard that the owlet monitor for babies has a lot of false alarms. I would fear this would also have a lot of false alarms. 

I think movement is a bigger indication than the HB. So I agree that slowed movement should get you moving to the doctor. I'm just not sure this device would be better. Sometimes you can feel more subtle movements, movements I doubt this device could pick up. 

It's interesting for sure. If I got one, I would wait awhile for them to work out the kinks. 

As for a doppler, I plan to use one. I need to hear the HB daily. My baby was fine on the US. Her heart was beating away at 64 bpm then she passed a day or two later. So for me, hearing the baby's HB is necessary for me to stay calm. 
  • Home dopplers are great for emotional support purposes for some people, just not for diagnostic purpose or in lieu of seeking help if you have concerns about the baby’s well being.

I’m on the fence if I would actually use something like this. My first baby passed while I was sleeping and I wonder if something like this could have made a difference. But, I think it would make me very anxious and just give me one more thing to obsess over. 

I actually found monitors picked up more movements than I did with my
    secone pregnancy, but I had an anterior placenta. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had an anterior placenta last time and I was feeling movement at 13 weeks. It was regular, all day movement. Then the baby went quiet. I figured it was bc I had an anterior placenta. So I used my doppler for the first time and couldn't find anything. I went a week without movement at 14 weeks. I found out at 15 weeks she had passed. So if I had been using the doppler regularly i would have known for sure something was wrong. 

I also know why doppler aren't recommended. I think for us though, we have more anxiety and fear and if having a doppler in those early weeks helps, do what helps. 
  • 1.  4+1 (I'm glad to see others around that same time because I feel like I tested so early haha)

2.  Missed miscarriage at 15 almost 16 weeks, missed carriage when I should have been 10 weeks but baby stopped growing at 5, two early miscarriages 

3. Physically I go back and forth from feeling fine and feeling sick. I take the sick days in stride though because then at least I "feel" pregnant. Emotionally I am a wreck haha I feel like I have a bit of PTSD because every time I go to the bathroom, I check to make sure I'm not bleeding

4.  Still waiting for the midwife who was working on our "why is this happening" to call back to see if I should be doing anything

5. Nothing today lol

6. I was just reminded that courtesy of TimeHop that it's been 2 years since I was getting ready for my D&C from my 2nd loss. It was just a picture of my then 2 year old DD, but I remember taking it during that time

7. I'm a huge reader and I'm trying to read as many books as I can this year including reading a ton of books that I've owned forever and haven't ready
  • @Kurtni @emeraldcity1214 I've thought about the whole idea of getting a doppler, but knowing me, I'd use it nonstop and freak out like a crazy person if I couldn't find anything

• 1. How many weeks are you? 6wks 1d

2. Previous loss(es)? missed miscarriage 10/18....I was 8.5 wks but baby measured 6w5d and no hb....two rounds of cytotec and ended with a D&C. 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I definitely have my days with the emotions, going to to the bathroom is always scary since last time it totally caught me off guard but I know that if something were to go wrong at this point again that there's nothing anyone could do anyways...it's blunt but it's true. Physically I have been feeling all the yucky earlier pregnancy symptoms which keeps me hopeful since I didn't have many symptoms with the previous pregnancy. I just keep telling myself one day at a time. 

4. Any appointment updates? US 3/22

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Since this pregnancy started I have been pretty homesick. We have lived in OH 2yrs now but all my family and friends live in IN. The drive is only 1.5hr which is close but I want to be closer, it's just not an option with DH job. All of my girlfriends at home are pregnant, I guess I selfishly just want to be there to hang out and have the support. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Just need to get past that 6wk5d mark and see our babe. 

7. GTKY? What are your hobbies? I love going to our local Y for spin class. I usually try to go 3-4x a week and if I don't spin and i love to do TRX classes! Group exercise just makes me happy! They have a kid care area so that DS is able to play and socialize while mama gets her sweat on...bonus! 

@ashcakes921 @emeraldcity1214  @Kurtni  My dr offered me a doppler after my loss....I just don't know how I feel about it. Personally, I feel like it might make me more anxious. Like @ashcakes921 said I would probably use it all the time and then panic if I couldn't find it! I'm thankful we have these tools if we choose to though. 

• 1. How many weeks are you? 5 weeks and 1 day

2. Previous loss(es)? 2 losses last year . My hcg never got about 121

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally it depends on the day. I'm a Christian and prayer has really helped. Physically I am super tired and constipated. 

4. Any appointment updates? I have my ultrasound on April 1st and first midwife app on April 4th.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I am nervous about the ultrasound. We never made it that far before. I am excited to see that my numbers rose normally this time!

6. Any milestones coming up? My ultrasound

7. GTKY? What are your hobbies I love to read and workout.  I just started sewing
    and I hope to make lots of baby things!
  • Hey knottie, welcome to the group. I'm so sorry about your losses. That's great that your numbers are rising. 

When you get a chance, would you mind changing your username? It's hard to interact with you when we can't tell you apart from all the other knottienumbers. You may need to log out and log back in for it to change.