November 2019 Moms

STM/STM+ Check In - March

How far along are you? 

How old is/are you other kid(s)?

Nails and fails from this week:

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite?

Re: STM/STM+ Check In - March

• How far along are you? 5w3d

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD will be 5 in July and DS will be 3 in June.

Nails and fails from this week: My patience has been SUPER thin with my kids lately. I really strive for no yelling but I've been flying off the handle a lot this week.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: Nausea set in at this time with DS and around 6w with DD so I'm waiting anxiously for it...

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? Anything but Dr. Seuss :p
  • How far along are you? 6+1

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DS will be 2 this week!

Nails and fails from this week: My patience has also been really thin with my husband with my kid.. I'm trying but why is everyone so annoying! haha. for nail, I'm going to go with I actually did the dishes after every meal, haha, instead of "letting it soak" overnight.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: Just can't believe my little guy will be 2!

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite?
    I HATE that Richard Scarry book, the cars and trucks and things that go.. it is so long, and it has no discernible plot. DS of course loves it. I like Simpson's Sheep won't go to sleep but DS doesn't seem to want to read that one anymore. He pretty much only wants to read stuff with cars now..

@Rawa1416 I feel you on flying off the handle! I hope we both stay calmer this week.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?  3+4

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 6.5 

Nails and fails from this week: workout at least 3 days and reach my water goal daily 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:  feel like I'm already slightly showing which I didn't expect this fast 

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? We just started the Harry Potter series 
  • How far along are you? 5 Weeks Today

How old is/are you other kid(s)? Youngest just turned 3 and my oldest will turn 5 end of this month. 

Nails and fails from this week: Too tired to think...need a nap 😴 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: None

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? Favorite is any short story that isn’t 500 pages long....least favorite is this paw patrol book my son loves, its too long and annoying 😂
                                                                         Image result for i breastfed my baby 1 year

• How far along are you? 4+3

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 3.5

Nails and fails from this week: Fail: I told my son to stand next to a tree while at a festival this weekend while we watched a show. I didnt look close enough beforehand; he stood in a fire ant hill and got a few bites on his feet. I felt awful!

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I'm having awful insomnia over the last week.

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? I like reading him most books. Except a certain Dr Seuss book: Ten Apples up on top.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you? 5w4d

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD is 19 months

Nails and fails from this week: I'm finally over this cold! Not being able to take cold medicine last week sucked, but I think I'm finally in the clear. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:  We're heading to Disney on Thursday. This will be my first time flying with DD, so wish me luck. lol  I'm now regretting our decision to not buy her a seat. 

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? My favorite is The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  My least favorite is this Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed book. It has a button you can push and it sings the song. Not surprisingly, I now hate that song almost as much as baby shark. lol
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • How far along are you? 4w 6d

How old is/are you other kid(s)? She'll be 4 in June

Nail- DD's freak-out at bedtime is getting much shorter. It wasn't too long ago I'd be stuck in her room for hours at night rubbing her back or pretending to be sleeping until she fell asleep. Now we have a deal that mommy leaves her room at 8:30. She still cries when I leave, but for increasingly shorter time spans. 
    Fail- I have 5 bags that need to go to Goodwill and they've been sitting in my kitchen for 3 weeks.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: The time change is the devil. Who are these people who want it to be dark in the morning and light at night? Who are they and what is wrong with them?

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? Favorite would be "Almost Everybody Farts" because it's a decently short length, but DD loooooves it and loves to help me make the sound effects. We're classy people. Least favorite has to be anything that takes longer than 5 minutes to read. I'm lazy. :p

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @emeraldcity1214 yes they are hard to see sometimes! We just moved to the south about 7 months ago and have never lived somewhere with fire ants. The mound he stepped in was gray, I'd never seen a gray one before then.
  • How far along are you? 5w4d

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 20.5 months! She will be 2 in June.

Nails and fails from this week: I was sick all last week but yesterday I got a bunch of stuff done around the house. Laundry, meal planning, cleaning.. we also went on a walk to the park after sitting on the couch all week. Fail would be we watched way too much TV and youtube kids all week since I was sick. Oh well. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I'm so excited that we now live in AZ and don't have the time change! I'm also excited for my first appointment on Thursday. 

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? I recite or read The Going to Bed Book every night. We love most Sandra Boynton books and most books that rhyme.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @gumby22c if it was grey it likely wasn't fire ants. Their mounds are always red. I live in TX and they are everywhere here plus we have a ton of regular ants with grey mounds. I was letting my kids play in our backyard on top of some newish forming ant beds. Luckily the exterminators treated my yard before my kids got hurt. They are the ones that pointed it out because they were under the grass. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 it know it sounds weird which is why I missed it but it was definitely fire ants. Most of the mounds around here are red or brown. The ants swarmed everywhere and were all in my sons sandals, I had to brush them off him as fast as I could as soon as we realized what was happening. He ended up with between 5-10 bites on his feet :( 
  • @gumby22c poor guy, I'm glad it wasn't more than that. Those things hurt! 
  • christalfungchristalfung member
    edited March 2019
    How far along are you?  5w3d

How old is/are you other kid(s)?  DS turned 5 March 9th and DD is 2 (birthday July 8th).

Nails and fails from this week:  Accomplished a shit tun of things at work 💪🏻💪🏻 Feeling pretty great about it.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:  None.

GTKY:  Robert Munch books :) Love reading to the kids ❤️
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you? 6w4d

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DS is 3

Nails and fails from this week: procrastination is horrible with me! I have so much to do and I keep putting it off.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: excited my beta numbers and progesterone are going up! 

Favorite- anything Dr. Seuss
    least favorite- he has this car book that he makes me read over and over Lolol I hate it. 
  • @xilovemybabiesx my son just turned 3 as well. His birthday is 2/7. When is your youngest’s birthday? 
  • @gumby22c Ten Apples is my kids' favorite book...HELP
  • Rawa1416 said:
    @gumby22c Ten Apples is my kids' favorite book...HELP
    Oh I feel your pain! My son goes through phases where it's literally the only book he wants to read before nap/bedtime. I get so tired of reading it, but he cant be convinced otherwise. I can thank my mom for it.
  • How far along are you? 3w6d

How old is/are you other kid(s)? My little boy (Hugh) is 25 months and I have a step son who is 8

Nails and fails from this week: Nailing meal planning. Failing at being otherwise organised.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:  This year so many changes are happening. 

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? My favourite is Where's Bear? as Hugh is great at finding Bear.
  • How far along are you? 4w+6d

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD is 5, DS is 2.5

Nails and fails from this week: No nausea yet but I got a cold and so tired so we’ve been kinda surviving. I know it’ll get worse once the all day nausea that I usually get starts.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: My husband is really stressed at his job and is working long hours. I worry for his health and I worry that once I start to feel awful, how it’ll impact our kids :/

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? I love doing the Ispy books with them. DD gets it but DS doesn’t. My least favorite is probably Go Dogs Go by Dr. Seuss or any of the long Dr Seuss books lol! My mouth gets so dry after repeating the words over and over! Lol!!
  • @Rawa1416 Haha I thought I was going to be the only one to dislike reading Dr Seuss lol!
    @klstone25 Good luck on your flight with DD! Bring a new toy she’s never played with! It helps a lot. 
  • Ok STMs when do you plan to tell your older kids that you're pregnant?  We're telling our parents this weekend (due to their travel/ living out of town this is the best time) but dont think my 6 year old can keep a secret until we're ready to tell everyone.
  • @kimmer1412 we are waiting until we are ready to tell the world so maybe 10-12 weeks. I think they'll be too excited to keep it to themselves and we live in a small town lol
  • @kimmer1412 well tell our 3.5 year old after our first u/s I think. He is super shy and doesnt really talk to people he doesnt know well. The only people he probably would tell, already know (our immediate families). My inlaws helped watch our son at points during our IVF cycle so this pregnancy was not a huge surprise and our families knew it was a possibilty.
  • I used my kids to help tell me husband we were pregnant and so I told my 5 year old. I explained that it was a big secret and it’s been so far so good 😬 Hopefully she can keep a secret for another month or so.
  • How far along are you? 4 weeks and 5 days

How old is/are you other kid(s)? He will be 3 in July

Nails and fails from this week: no cavities at the dentist. But the spit bowl looked like a crime scene so I really need to be about that flossing life.

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? I love "the monster at the end of this book" and hate "corduroy" 
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks 2 days

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 1 daughter- 3.5.  4 in July.

Nails and fails from this week: Nailed meal prepping the week for the work lunches.  Failed by not wanting my prepped lunch yesterday and ordered out. Whoops.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: The only complaint I have right now is how long I have to be patient before going to the doctor!  It's torture to wonder if everything is ok.  I totally understand that going earlier would not show the same results so it all makes sense to me... I just wish time would go faster.  But then I wish my three year old would stop growing so time would slow down.  

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite?  I LOVE reading whatever new library book my child brings home from preschool.  It's always so fun to see what she has picked out and what she is interested in. My child found a gag gift book that we got when I was pregnant.  Kind of a "parenting for dummies" book.  There is a spinner on the front that you're supposed to spin to see who does baby duty- dad or mom.  She CONSTANTLY wants to "read mom and dad" which just means spinning the spinner.
  • How far along are you? 6w 1d

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 10, 8, 6 and 3

Nails and fails from this week: we did great with homeschool work this week!  But I think my fail could be that this is the first time we’ve done this well in a while...

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I feel sluggish. I take ballet and jazz classes and at this point I’m not sure if I’ll be able to do the dances for the recital because I get winded so easily and don’t know if my body will move the way it needs to. I’m also curious how I’ll fit into my costumes 🤔 could be interesting...

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? I can’t think of any books that I don’t like. Those don’t seem to last long in our house. Don’t judge!  Lol. But we all love The Book Without Pictures, anything Sandra Boynton, and my favorite for my little guys is the Jesus Storybook Bible. The pictures are beautiful and it’s written in such a beautiful way. I highly recommend it for the Christian mommas. 
  • @kimmer1412 I told them right away last time and they told everyone they encountered. So I plan to keep it from them as long as I can. I would like for that to be closer to 20 weeks but I know that won't happen. I will start showing before 20 weeks and as soon as my belly starts growing my daughter will know. This will be my 4th pregnancy since she was born so she knows what it looks like when mommy is pregnant. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 we waited until 12 weeks last time to tell people but I'm not even sure I'll make it that far before I start showing. Hoping to make it to 8 weeks (1st appt & US) and tell our 6 year old but ideally maybe we can make it to 10-12 weeks. I guess we'll just see.
  • @kimmer1412 I didn't think I was bloated at all but I just tried on some new dresses I bought and it made me realize the bloat is actually there. So I know exactly what you mean. I just want to be further along than 15 weeks before I tell the world. I'm definitely not announcing on social media. 
  • @kimmer1412 I didn't think I was bloated at all but I just tried on some new dresses I bought and it made me realize the bloat is actually there. So I know exactly what you mean. I just want to be further along than 15 weeks before I tell the world. I'm definitely not announcing on social media. 
    I feel similar about the bloating. I dont feel like I look to bloated yet, but my jeans say otherwise. While it's early for maternity clothes, I admit I wore my maternity jeans to work tonight so I didnt feel like my regular ones were digging in me.
  • edited March 2019
    @gumby22c I had to put my bigger pants on today. It felt so good to not have my other pants digging into me too!
  • How far along are you? 
    6w2

How old is/are you other kid(s)?
    Just turned two

We literally just moved across the country, still unpacking. My son and I are mostly park hopping getting to know the area. It's been fun :) 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:
    I am so nauseous with this pregnancy, and have been for 2 weeks. I had bad morning sickness between 10 and 20 weeks with my first, but only very mild and occasional nausea before that. This time round, it's been constant from before 4 weeks and it's making me worried it's twins! 

Favorite book:
    I love this book called "Windows" by Julia Denos, my son likes it too, but I lurve it, haha. I sometimes just read it myself because the pictures are so pretty and it's so calming. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I've also stopped wearing my normal pants already. I think it's just bloating, but they were just WAY too uncomfortable and adding to the pukey feelings. 
  • @Madamemerle I had just lost some weight and bought these smaller jeans 🤦‍♀️ so it didn't take much for them to be so snug. 
  • @soon2bljm I was a dancer from the time I was 7 until I got married about 7 years ago and I miss it so much. Also, I <3 all of the books you mentioned! I teach 2nd grade and my students LOVE The Book with No Pictures and we had to buy a second JSBB because we wore out our first one lol
  • @MusicalFamily I've been doing so bad with procrastination too. Also the way you said that reminded me of Star wars - the procrastination is strong with this one...

How far along are you? 6 weeks today

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DS turned one in January

Nails and fails from this week: Nails: exercising regularly and drinking a lot of water. Fails: getting enough work/housework done

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I barely had any nausea last pregnancy, I guess it can be different each time but I'm starting to feel it. Hungry and nauseous at the same time?? 

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? @alm52386, I recite The Going to Bed Book every night to DS as I'm getting him ready for bed, too! I generally don't bother reading it from the actual book, but sometimes we read it that way when it's not bedtime. I don't like 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed because in the version we have, once all the kids are injured and back in bed the mom goes and jumps on her bed - we don't like how hypocritical it is.

re the tight pants issue, one of my best investments last pregnancy was the "Love Your Bump" BellyBelt. Basically a button extender, it's a little strip of fabric with buttons and a buttonhole on it, so you can unbutton your pants but have them still stay up. It comes with a version for hook/bar closure as well, and some bits of fabric for coverage if you want to leave the zipper all the way open (I found that just looked really awkward and I was better off untucking my shirt over it instead). They were perfect for when I was feeling bloated and when I was just starting to show, before I really had to break out the maternity pants. I may or may not have started using it already, on my really tight jeans ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks 3 days

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 11, 9, almost 6, and 2 1/2. all girls

Nails and fails from this week: kicking butt at work,  getting so much done! also I'm not falling asleep at work so yeah me! as for fails, been slacking on the workout. .not good..

my older 2 read to themselves now, but my youngest 2 love stories and I love reading to them.  I don't have any least fav books I read them.  we make them all fun with voices and over dramatic readings.. it's the best! 😊
  • @ellebailey2b I have story time with my kids after nap. It is their favorite and I always make funny voices when I'm reading books too.