May 2019 Moms
Options

All group check in

Hey All,

Since there are just a few of us left πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘,Β 
Is everyone OK with doing an all group check-in?Β 

I had my glucose challenge test last friday, andΒ  Β under the threshold for the beetus. I'm hoping I'll just have to monitor my blood glucose levels for a week and then be done with it. I was #treatyoself way too much, so in my stubborn mind, this is partly why my fasting glucose level was too close for comfort to the threshold. I have an appointment next week at the diabetes clinic, so I'll know more then. I'm really not freaked out or worried.Β 
Aside from that, I feel pretty ok. I am an RMT and am on my feet the whole time I'm working, so I'm grateful to be feeling good. Sleep is ok, no aches or pains ***knock on serious wood***

How is everyone else feeling?Β 

Re: All group check in

• Options
    I'm cool with an all group check-in!

I failed my 1-hr glucose test and just completed the 3-hr today. Hoping I receive good news. Other than that I'm doing good.

Fingers crossed you just monitor for a week, then get the all clear.Β  I'm glad you're sleeping well! I've always been a sleep 8hrs kinda girl with no problem so the whole struggling to sleep thing is not my favorite πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    I have my one hour glucose test this afternoon...we'll see how it goes. Will be 28 weeks this Thursday & I gained 40 lbs already and most in the 1st trimester sooooo a bit nervous.Β  Other than getting a stomach bug last week & losing a bit of weight due to that, I'm feeling good. I used to be a night person but now I'm lucky if I'm awake until 9pm. Getting excited to meet our baby girl in 3 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mommabird2019 good luck with your glucose test! Fingers crossed it goes well.Β 

• Options
    @nuggetmama369 how did your glucose challenge test go?Β 
  • Options
    Passed 1 hour glucose and everything is looking good so far, except I'm a little anemic and need to take an iron supplement (which is causing horrible constipation).

Baby looks good but I'm the one battling a bad headcold this week - ugh, it's the worst!
  • Options
    DD: 5/20/19

Had my glucose test 2 days ago but still haven't seen/heard results. I have my 28 week appt this afternoon (was supposed to be Monday and they moved it, ugh) so I assume I will hear my results then. Excited to have another sonogram today!

I've been feeling pretty good, just starting to get uncomfortable. And I got a stomach bug while traveling for work last week that lasted 8 days, I was so worried about staying hydrated but I think it has passed.

• Options
    I'm glad to see there are some people still hanging around! The app literally haaaaates me and so I felt like I couldn't keep up and missed the move over to FB. Bummer. Anyway, I'm 28 weeks and took my 1-hr test today. I'm hoping for the best but I've failed every 1-hr test with my previous pregnancies (with the last one being really bad) and went on to pass the 3-hr. It would just be nice not to have to take the 3-hr!Β 

I've been super uncomfortable. Baby is measuring 31 weeks but since I'm a c-section, my OB isn't quick to change my DD or anything. She did say we'll see how things go at my final growth scan, making me think maybe she wants to move my c-section up slightly so I don't go into labor.Β 

We are also checking my thyroid because I've been SO FREAKING TIRED. I'm talking 1st trimester exhausted - anyone else?!Β 
    Baby #1: Palmer Olivia - October 2014
    Baby #2: Emmeline Grey - August 2016
    Baby #3: BFP 9/7/18Β  |Β  EDD 05/24/19
  • Options
    Ugh that's horrible that you guys have been battling head colds and the stomach bug. 🀒 hope @cbd5314 and @mamajojo1981 are feeling better. 

@sarah_is_pregnant unfortunately I did not pass and on top of GD, I have pre-eclampsia, so I'm stuck on bedrest at the hospital until baby comes. I'm only 30 weeks, so I'm hoping she can chill inside for a little longer πŸ˜“

@haboobjob I hope your tests go well!Β 
  • Options
    @nuggetmama369 thanks!! I passed!! I still sort of cant believe it. It happened to be some of the best news on the worst day - someone stole our city select double stroller out of our vehicle 😭. Sucks to have to replace that so I’m probably going to rely on babywearing until we decide what we need stroller wise for the kids.Β 

Sorry to hear about your bed rest ❀️ Fingers crossed she takes her time in there! 
  • Options
    @haboobjob Glad you passed!!! But I'm sorry about your stoller, that's awful 😑 
  • Options
    @nuggetmama369 thanks! it's a huge bummer. it's something that can be replaced but still annoying.
  • Options
    becks105becks105 member
    edited March 2019
    Ok... I too failed my glucose test. I’m going Monday for the 3-hour. Do you guys know what your levels were? Curious to see how high mine was in comparison. I wasn’t very careful with my eating today and perhaps I should have been.Β 

Have you guys passed the 3-hr? Not looking forward to the β€œdiet” this weekend :( Crossing my fingers for passing 3-hrs for all!

@haboobjob so sorry to hear about your stroller!!! How awful :(

I have been achey. Backaches and groin pain that my dr says will just get worse. This is my first pregnancy so I feel like I have no idea what I’m doing. Β I thought I was doing ok, but lately every appointment has turned up something new :-/
  • Options
    @becks105 Hope you passed!! I had a lot of friends fail their one hour tests, so I wouldn't worry too much. Apparently there's a lot of false positives for the 1-hour.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @becks105
    I chose to do the 1 step glucose test, in which I failed. My fasting BG was at the threshold (5.1mmol/L). My 1 hour and 2 hour post glucose levels were 9.6 and 5.1, respectively. They needed to be below 10 and 8.5mmol/L.Β 
    So I was diagnosed with GD.Β 
    I've done a bit of reading and it seems that more women are given the diagnosis using the 1 step test compared to those given the 2 step. So i feel like I screwed myself over.Β 
    The upper limits used for the 2 step are >5.3, >10.6, >9.0.Β 

I am now having to test my BG when I wake up, and an hour after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

The biggest factor ive found in reducing my fasting BG is to have a big snack before bed.Β 

Since determining this, my levels have been fine, and I anticipate having to test less after I send in another weeks worth of data to the dietitian.Β 

I'm still super annoyed with this diagnosis, because it's going to stay with me FOREVER. I feel like practitioners here are just SO cautious.Β 

• Options
    @sarah_is_pregnant I’m sorry to hear that! I’m hoping for continued good levels. I agree, they are so cautious, and I keep reminding myself that they’re just looking out for me and baby. I’m just kind of anxious, and also STARVING on the diet they have me following. I’m worried I won’t be getting enough to eat, and am confused because at my 24 week appointment they sent me to MFM because of how small she is. How is it that one month she’s so far behind and the next, I’m at risk for GD? Aren’t GD babies usually abnormally large? This is my first pregnancy, so I really have no clue how things are supposed to work. Right now just hoping for good outcome.Β 
  • Options
    @becks105 Absolutely they are looking out for baby.Β 
    I've been starving the last few days as well. It's the worst.
    Is your diet super specific? Like, they have your meals planned out for you?Β 
    GD babies CAN be large. Its not a guarantee. When glucose levels are well controlled with diet and exercise, I think babies are generally a normal size. But, with that said, everyone is different.Β 
    I have a growth US in a few weeks. I'm interested to see what they say.Β 
    Girl, this is my first pregnancy too! I've been reading a lot....about everything that comes up.
    *knock on wood GD has been the biggest/only thing thus far*Β 

• Options
    @becks105 i failed both 1 hr glucose tests with my girls and went on to pass my 3-hr no issue. Not sure of the diet they have you on but the one they had me follow felt like more food than I normally eat.Β This has been the first time I’ve passed the 1 hr. Fingers crossed you passed!!Β 
  • Options
    @sarah_is_pregnant it is SUPER strict. Like breakfast is 1 egg, 2 pieces of toast, and a cup of OJ. Lunch is 2 pieces of bread, 2oz of meat, a fruit, a veggie, and a cup of milk. Dinner is the same with a 1/2 cup of rice, pasta, or potatoes. For a snack I can have one piece of bread with 1oz meat an a piece of fruit. By the end of the day I’m full, but the mornings are rough! But today is hopefully my last day. Tomorrow morning I will go for the 3-hr. It sounds like you’re doing a great job managing your GD, I hope it continues that way!

@haboobjob I’m only nervous because my mom had GD in her pregnancy with me, and went on to develop Type 2 later in life. I take the 3-he tomorrow at a lab, so I probably won’t know until wednesday when I go to my follow up with my doctor, right?
  • Options
    @sarah_is_pregnant Google has been my best and worst enemy. I know the internet is what it is, and that it's hardly reliable... but has given me a lot of hope when I leave the doctor's office with fears. I'd had perfectly normal appointments up until 24 weeks, when they told me she was measuring at the 11th percentile. I went to MFM and they told me she was more in the 25-30%, so small, but all of her structures and everything were perfectly fine. I go for a follow up growth scan with MFM on the 25, and my regular OB said that if she was still small, they'd probably start monitoring me twice a week. Then, this week when I had the glucose, it was the lab that told me I failed, so I didn't really have a chance to ask questions. But, I'm taking it all in stride, or trying to at least. Keep me posted on how your growth scan goes! I bet everything will be just fine!!
  • Options
    @becks105. This is my fourth pregnancy, but first time with GD. Β I failed my 1 hour with a level of 209 and went on to fail my three hour. Β I am managing with diet, but it isn’t as strict as what they are having you do now. Β Good luck on your test tomorrow. Β GD is no fun, but I just remind myself it’s the best for baby and this diet will be over in a few months.
  • Options
    @becks105 No wonder you're starving. That is a light breakfast. I'm starving an hour after eating 2 eggs w 2 slices of toast and a cup of tea.Β 
    Good luck on your test today!
  • Options
    So I haven’t been around in quite a while... just doing some late night lurking and thought I’d add some insight for anyone struggling with GD or the tests. I’m no doctor, these are just things I’ve learned or been told from my practitioners. I’m on pregnancy 2 with GD if anyone’s curious.Β 

You're not supposed to change your diet to prepare for the 3 hour... that can actually throw off the results even more.Β 

You shouldn’t be feeling like you are starving, you still need to eat and provide nutrients. Adding protein can help tremendously. Not everyone can manage with diet and exercise. your body is not able to or is struggling to produce enough insulin, Sometimes that means adding medicine to help it do so.Β 

@becks105 that morning meal sounds awful. It’s weird to me because I’ve been told to stay away from fruit juices all together. Paired with 2 pieces of bread also is A LOT of carbs, especially when only allowed 1 egg. From what I’ve read actually a smaller amount of carbs in the morning helps control sugars more throughout the day. The rest of your day sounds pretty normal... although it’s weird they are controlling it that much.Β 
  • Options
    So the 3-hr was MISERABLE. The lab was running behind, so I go started late, which meant by the time I was done, I hadn’t eaten in almost 17 hours. I’m glad I didn’t try and do a 1/2 day at work and just took the whole day, because I felt pretty lousy the rest of the day.Β 

By the time time I left, they had my fasting as 85, but the lab tech obviously couldn’t tell me what that meant. Google tells me 85 is a pass for the fasting, so I’m hoping that’s the case. They told me I’d probably have my results later that day, but I never got them. I’m wondering if my doctor is holding on to them until I go on Wednesday. But then, if I passed, why not just call and say so? Idk. Fingers crossed I hear something today!
  • Options
    I also Failed my 1 hour (147) and passed my 3 hour. Agreed it was miserable. Went from nauseous to faint.Β 

Anyone else having what i like to call β€œvagina bone” pain? Aka pubis pain?Β 

It’s so awful i have a waddle bc it hurts to walk, sit, stairs, roll over in bed! Β I’m 32 weeks. Anyone know what to do to help this or just deal with it?Β 
  • Options
    @brichanelle YES GIRL YES so much groin pain. 29 weeks. I've been trying to walk more to keep things from getting too tight, and doing some hip/groin stretches. I, too, waddle. It's so bad. It feels like I've been horseback riding.

BUT, On a happier note, I passed my 3-hr! Thanks for all the positive vibes! Hoping everyone else is doing well!