elle-0409elle-0409 member
edited March 2019 in October 2019 Moms
Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?
TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: Group 2 (Oct 9-15) Check-In Week of 3/11

• Loading the player...
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited March 2019
    @stephanie123456 Baby is probably be in a pack n play for a couple months then in bed with me. But all the stuff---clothes, diapers, blankets, creams, clippers, etc. I have no idea where to put it, lol. I need to do google image search or pintrest search for ideas or something. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wintersong Ah! I know what you mean. Organizing to make room for LO's stuff will be a priority over the next couple months. DS has SOOOO much stuff, I really don't know what we are going to do with this next one's clothes and baby items. Once we find out the sex, we can start pulling out clothes from storage (either DS' or my niece's hand-me-downs) and also figure out what items we will need to register for/replace. 
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @junebabyh
    Congratulations, auntie! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @novicemama I'm pretty introverted, so after a week of dealing all day with people (like, teaching is about as full of interacting with people as a job can be), I just want to hibernate at home with no plans. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wintersong I feel the same way and so does DH, but my parents don’t get it. I need to get better at setting boundaries or I’m going to lose my mind. 
  • @wintersong We plan to keep baby in our room with us the first year and then they will share a room with our toddler. We have a folding changing table with pockets on sides and storage underneath for diapers. Then a rolling Ikea cart for all the other necessities. We will probably keep everything else (clothing, etc) in DS's room.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• @wintersong we had DS in our room for the first six months and we used both a pack'n'play and a rock'n'play. The p'n'p had an infant insert that sat on top of the unit so you didn't have to go all the way to the bottom to set him in it. On nights when he was sick or we didn't want to rouse him from the r'n'p we would just pick up the whole r'n'p cradle and set it next to the bed so he could be by our side. We kept the majority of his clothes and toys in his 'to be' room but we did like @nnaelilak mentioned, had a changing table with shelves that held most of the rest of what we needed for him. A couple of baskets to help organize diapers, wipes, ointments and lotions, etc. with some other miscellaneous items stacked behind. We did have some overflow onto the dresser next to it but it was pretty manageable. Please excuse the mess in the picture, and I believe my original FB caption to this shot was "good thing I don't have a baby to change at this moment."

Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited March 2019
    Hmm. So with no space for anything more than a pnp, it seems my best option is to keep all baby's clothes and diapers in his or her brother or sisters room, with a small box of clothes/diapers for middle of the night diaper failures on my dresser. Seems good enough for me! Though I might try to speak out one of my two drawers, I HATE stuff on top of surfaces and my husband is clutter king. (Our room has two closets and two dressers. One dresser has 6 drawers, the other 4. One closet is six feet wide, the other 2.5 feet wide. I get the 2 foot closet and 2 drawers for the narrower dresser,  lol. Everything else is stuffed to the gills with my husband's clothes.)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cooaladollycooaladolly member
    edited March 2019
    @stephanie123456 winning for best rule yet. No time like siesta time!
    @junebabyh ccongratulations on being an Aunt!
    @novicemama those sound like a couple of great vintage snags. Yay for all the flowy dresses when being pregnant in summer. 
    @nnaelilak I've been doing the exact same thing to my SO. I feel bad, but luckily he loves cereal 🤷‍♀️
    @mrsinterweb hoping the best tenant is an easy choice.
    @wintersong I'm sure you'll be able to make it work whatever you choose.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  10/14...     or 9 weeks, 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n):   green olive

Upcoming Appointments:   I'm there now. Can't remember what to expect but hoping to hear the heartbeat, though it may be too early still. Lots of bloodwork I'm sure.

How are you feeling?:   Woof! I keep thinking the nausea is starting to go away, then it rebounds with a vengeance. Unfortunately my cravings are ahead of the game and I want so much more than my stomach can fit. Also afraid I'm coming down with something. My muscles and neck are all sore and stiff.

Rants/Raves:    Rant; my kid just won't sleep! In all fairness he's been teething a lot, but I'm just wishing I could get a few months of solid sleep before starting all over again. I know that's a pipe dream, but hey, I can wish.

Questions:    I'm still undecided on what non invasive testing to do. I have that appt next week to figure it out, but I think I'm the only person who just doesn't want to know. If you've chosen one test over another choice for a specific reason, what was that reason?

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?   Hmmm, cheesy but I have to go with the golden rule. If you're going to be an asshat, you just have to expect that's exactly what's coming back to you.
    ET make the question a question.
         BabyGaga
  • @cooaladolly are you talking about a specific brand of nipt? Like harmony vs panorama (I'll be honest, those could be the same company... I have no clue haha). Both my midwives have worked with specific companies and we just went with whoever they used. 
  • nnaelilak said:
    @cooaladolly are you talking about a specific brand of nipt? Like harmony vs panorama (I'll be honest, those could be the same company... I have no clue haha). Both my midwives have worked with specific companies and we just went with whoever they used. 
    Exactly. I just don't know enough to tell any difference between them. Are they just provider specific, whatever they send you for is what you get? But I do get the impression that they're not all exactly the same?
         BabyGaga
  • EDD: 10/15, 9w1d
    Size: Pecan
    Appointment: April 3
    R/R: When will this morning sickness end?? Just feel awful almost all the time. My toddler and I are eating dry Lucky Charms right now 🤦🏼‍♀️
    Rave is that we got a swing set/playground set up in our backyard for my DS. It’s blizzarding right now but we used it yesterday and he had a blast. 
    GTKY: I like the naptime idea. I remember in different European countries I traveled to when I was younger that they had so much more “down” time. I currently nap when the toddler does ;)
  • @junebabyh Congrats on your niece! 

@novicemama New clothes are always exciting 😊 I’ve been itching to start looking at maternity clothes but I’m making myself wait. I had a lot of hand-me-downs with DS because we didn’t have the money to spend and I’m really looking forward to getting some things that are more my style

@nnaelilak My husband has done more cooking in the last month than he has in a looong time. I think he’s excited it’s starting to get warm so he can grill, that’s more his domain 

@cooaladolly Bless you for dealing with a teething baby. My 3 1/2 year old kept me up for a couple of hours last night and being extra tired today made me sooo nauseous 🤢 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: the 11th/9w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): water bottle cap 

Upcoming Appointments: not for another month

How are you feeling?: the nausea is finally starting to fade. For long enough that I can imagine feeling normal again! Today was pretty bad though

Rants/Raves: Raves - it’s finally getting warmer! It rained lightly earlier and the smell of spring rain made me so, so happy 

Questions: Have you gals busted out maternity pants or what are you wearing? I’m a SAHM so I’m lucky in that I can wear whatever is comfortable most days but when I do go out I’m stumped as to what to wear. I probably should go get some bigger sized leggings 

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? Look for the good in life. It’s so much more enjoyable than always being negative
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: the 11th/9w5d
    Questions: Have you gals busted out maternity pants or what are you wearing? I’m a SAHM so I’m lucky in that I can wear whatever is comfortable most days but when I do go out I’m stumped as to what to wear. I probably should go get some bigger sized leggings 

Maternity. Elastic/nylon waistbands are lyfe. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @melanier26 I totally already pulled out my maternity stuff. It keeps me comfy and makes my bump cuter. But most people don’t know I’m pregnant and my maternity clothes look “pregnant” so I’ve been opting for lose tops to keep questions to a minimum. 
  • nnaelilak said:
    @cooaladolly are you talking about a specific brand of nipt? Like harmony vs panorama (I'll be honest, those could be the same company... I have no clue haha). Both my midwives have worked with specific companies and we just went with whoever they used. 
    Exactly. I just don't know enough to tell any difference between them. Are they just provider specific, whatever they send you for is what you get? But I do get the impression that they're not all exactly the same?
    Yeah, I think they are generally provider specific... But maybe bring it up in the great question thread and see if anyone has any experience in choosing one?! 
  • @MrsPlatz yay for the playground! We set up ours last summer for DS and I literally have to pull him off kicking and screaming because he loves it so much haha