October 2019 Moms

Group 1 (Oct 1-8) Check-In Week of 3/11

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?
TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: Group 1 (Oct 1-8) Check-In Week of 3/11

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/2 - 10w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussel sprout 

Upcoming Appointments: we have a “for fun” ultrasound tonight!  Really excited to see him/her!  3/21 for my 12 week appointment.

How are you feeling?: There is light at the end of the nausea tunnel!!  Definitely feeling less nauseous.  Last night I woke up to pee at 3:30am and couldn’t go back to sleep.  I haven’t had that problem before.  Hopefully it’s just a one-off.  

Rants/Raves: Ugh, it’s the Monday after daylight savings ends.  Need I say more?  
    On a positive note, at least I’m not sleepy and nauseous!  Just sleepy.  😊

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? F#*%ing use your blinkers.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9w6d 10/8

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry (but changing tomorrow-lol)

Upcoming Appointments: check up on 3/20 but I don’t think I get an ultrasound 

How are you feeling?: always nervous! Feeling like a very picky eater and so so tired.

Rants/Raves: my husband has been packing me snacks and cooking dinner and it has been amazing!

Questions: Is it normally to sometimes feel totally NOT pregnant? With some many losses (3 MCs in a row) and never having had a baby everything makes me worried!

GTKY: 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @wintersong is he from Boston? I saw that all the time when I was living there
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: LMP is 10+0 but last US showed us three days ahead, so my due date is 10/7 on one sheet and 10/4 on another *shrug*

Baby is the size of a(n): Guitar Pick

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until 3/22 which feels ages away

How are you feeling?: Pretty good - on "partial bed rest" (who knew that was a thing) for the SCH they found last week. Bleeding has basically stopped and I'm almost over my bronchitis, so things are looking up!

Rants/Raves: As I start feeling better, I'm super annoyed by this bed rest thing. I'm allowed to move around some but not much and it's getting old really fast!

Questions: Nothing this week

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? No more writing checks in the check out line! Cash or card only. 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @galentine my MW said to try magnesium + melatonin, but it’s barely helping. I hope you can find something that helps you! 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @jenferlee82, hope your partial bedrest is over soon! Also I LOLed at your rule. I get so cranky when Grannie in line ahead of me waits until every single grocery has been scanned, and THEN whips out her check book and starts writing. UGGGGHHHH
  • @galentine OMG yes! I mean, you know you're writing a check - you can literally fill out all of it except the amount while your groceries are scanned. But the grannies never do! Bless their hearts. :)
  • @galentine I’m so happy you got to tell everyone and it was amazing. I know exactly what you mean, these last couple of weeks I’ve just wanted to sing it to the world. Just a few more weeks and we will be second tri! 😊
  • @jenferlee82 are checks even a thing anymore!?  I don’t think I’ve witnessed one being filled out in at least a couple years! 😂 
    hope you’re off bedrest soon!! 

@galentine I’m still so excited that you got to finally tell your family!  And yay for the NIPT blood work this week!!  I’m so thankful for this kind of technology.  

@wintersong your dad and every single person (including my H) in Texas.  Have you ever heard the term “driving like a Texan”? Well it’s horrible!  (I’m from Colorado so I get to judge 😂)

@grapeskittles4lyfe that looks delicious!  It’s cafeteria food?  That’s the best looking cafeteria food I’ve ever seen.  Maybe you could ask for a future “menu” so you don’t miss out on it again?  🤷🏻‍♀️

@cmbt2 sorry about the pregsomnia.  Is it typically just a first tri thing or do you have it the whole time? 

@ABabyBarnesMommy that’s so sweet of your H.  Sorry I can’t answer your question from experience but I’ve read a lot and women say it’s normal for symptoms to come and go. 

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @emily1052 unfortunately, I get it the whole time 😞 I’m one of those that sleeps better during the newborn stage than during pregnancy 🤦🏼‍♀️
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @emily1052 If you want to see people still using checks, come to small town Kansas. It happens constantly here! It’s like a time warp in that and many other ways. 😂
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  Oct 6/ 10 w 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): LEGO person!

Upcoming Appointments:  ultrasound tomorrow to check up on my 2 SCH, NT Ultrasound 3/27

How are you feeling?:  tired!  I’m with you ladies on the pregsomnia.  Love that term btw!  Took 1/2 sick day today so I could try to sleep a little this morning since it wasn’t happening last night!

Rants/Raves: not so much a rant as an observation.  There was some banter in another thread in the Oct 2019 Moms that made it seem like people who don’t post very often to be unwelcome.  I might not be a daily poster, but I do like being a part of this community, and appreciate hearing everyone’s experiences!   My one problem is I use it on my phone and don’t find the forum very user-friendly for me!  I’m not super tech savvy though.  I’ll get better I promise 😊

Rave:  Happy to still be here and glad I’ve made it another week!!

Questions:  What else do your Dr’s recommend for sleep?  Mine suggested unisom, but I have been taking Benadryl when it was really bad 

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?  

I like the golden rule!  
  • Thanks for that clarification @galentine!  That makes sense. 
  • @galentine thank you! This is my first time using a forum so it’s good to know!
  • @emily1052 thank you- that actually makes me feel better- I felt like I read that and then thought ‘well- maybe it’s  only because that’s what you hope it to be’ lol.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct. 6th

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry (though I like your sizers better @galentine @grapeskittles4lyfe)

Upcoming Appointments: I thought my next was Apr 3rd, but I forgot we have a down syndrome US screening in the last week of March. Yay, we'll get to see JB even sooner

How are you feeling?: Good, slightly less anxious now that we had our first appt last week though I'll admit that I still look at studies and statistics every so often

Rants/Raves: ugh why is it only Monday and I'm already unmotivated at work?! The good news though is that we're visiting our parents homes this weekend to give the news in person. Can't wait

Questions: STMs when we're you able to first find a HB on a home Doppler and how long did it take? I try for 10 and then give up haha.

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? No yelling in the work place, it's almost never necessary
  • Dang, my TB app is acting up again and now won't let me tag. I hope that you all will accept my sincerest love tits instead!
  • @marbellie when were you able to find it on a fetal the first time around?
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @marbellie it’s always been somewhere around the 8w4-9w mark. I give it 5-10 min and then put it away for a few days whether or not I find it
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • emily1052 said:

@grapeskittles4lyfe that looks delicious!  It’s cafeteria food?  That’s the best looking cafeteria food I’ve ever seen.  Maybe you could ask for a future “menu” so you don’t miss out on it again?  🤷🏻‍♀️

unfortunately that's just a pic from google. But damn if my craving-prone mind doesn't build it up that way just to make me drool
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• @ABabyBarnesMommy I haven't been able to yet at 10+2 so far :( 
    @cmbt2 wow that's awesome, I wish I could but I either don't have enough patience or I'm a terrible aimer (likely both)
  • @theglitteredpterodactyl It is so exciting that you found it! My partner wants to avoid buying one because he thinks I just do it constantly.

@marbellie It’s probably just a matter of time! The YouTube videos I’ve watched have made it look VERY hit miss.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10w 3d 

Baby is the size of a(n): mini cocktail sausage 

Upcoming Appointments: This Friday!! 3/15!! US/ first trimester screening and blood work 

How are you feeling?: Better! Nausea has been kept well under control.

Rants/Raves: The sneezing and trying to not feel like my insides are going to fall out 🤦‍♀️

Questions: 

Think before you speak!!

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @elle-0409 I had that with DS1 and DS2. My hip was pushed out of place. Have you seen a chiropractor yet? 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 Not yet, but I have one I’ve gone to in the past. I just felt like it was too early for something that would need a chiropractor, but I guess not. I’ll go in and have them check it out. Thanks! Hopefully, you won’t have that problem again this time around. 
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @elle-0409, I am going in Friday for the NIPT draw. They did end up scheduling it as an appointment (even though my doctor said i could just walk in, so I'm glad I called to check!), but the appointment is only with a nurse and should be super quick.

Also, I could have written your "how am I feeling" section word for word. It's really comforting to see someone else having the same symptoms (or lack there of) because it's a little nerve-wracking to have the symptoms start fading. 

I had no idea you were a gymnast too!! I did gymnastics as a kid, but I quit before it got too competitive. I really miss tumbling/floor exercise in particular! 
  • @elle-0409 oh yay week 11 already! I'm equally unmotivated at work but it doesn't help me out in the long run because I have to bill my time so this just means more work for future marbellie

@galentine good luck with Friday. About the disappearing symptoms, I have felt halfway crazy this whole pregnancy because they are light to non-existent any given day. Today, I woke up without any breast tenderness so I jumped up and down and felt comfort in the slight pain twinge (CRAZY PANTS)
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    elle-0409 said:
    @cmbt2 Not yet, but I have one I’ve gone to in the past. I just felt like it was too early for something that would need a chiropractor, but I guess not. I’ll go in and have them check it out. Thanks! Hopefully, you won’t have that problem again this time around. 
    Mine told me some women get hit with problems pretty much immediately. When I asked the MW when I could start going again (i was halfway through DS2’s pregnancy before I started seeing one), she said whenever I wanted, just be sure to make sure he knew. Mine practices on full families and pregnant women, so he knew what spots to avoid doing (he is only physical when he pushes my hip back into place; rest is with this activitor thingy)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 How interesting! I had this pain starting on and off at about four and a half weeks. Like you said, some problems can start immediately!
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• @elle-0409 and @marbellie Work motivation - or lack thereof - has been a HUGE problem for me the last few weeks! I'm normally a workaholic, love what I do and find it really interesting. Lately, I just don't care and am just going through the motions. I've been ending the day after just 8 1/2 or 9 hours which is definitely not like me. It's so strange. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!