Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check-in | w/o March 11th

kristimh80kristimh80 member
edited March 2019 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!                                                                                                                                

How far along / EDD?
How is everyone feeling this week? 
Upcoming appointments? 
GTKY: What's your favorite girl scout cookie? 

If you're just joining us please post a: 

Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
How many babies you are pregnant with
If you know the gender(s)
How you have been feeling going into 3rd trimester.

Please let us know if you need to be added to the list below.

❤ Mama's to be ❤ 

@drove2u EDD 3/23 (eviction date 3/18) BOY!

@bebesparrow EDD 3/27

@kristimh80 EDD 3/28 GIRL! (eviction date 3/25)

@uterusdreams EDD 3/29 GIRL!

@scikap EDD 4/1 BOY!

madasm0530  4/20 BOY!

@bpietronicco 5/15 BOY! 

@bkatp 5/31 BOY!

TTC #1 since April 2015
June 2016 - CP
2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
ERA Cycle May / June 2018
ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
EDD March 28, 2019
Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-in | w/o March 11th

• How far along / EDD? 37 weeks / Induction day March 25th

How is everyone feeling this week? Feeling good. Been more tired that usual lately, so soaking up all the naps I can get! Finally got my house in order for MH to decide we need to paint the playroom and scheduling floors to be done. Nothing like waiting til the last minute! So that has me a little frazzled! 

Upcoming appointments? Thursday sono / cervix check. This appointment will tell us if we are adjusting our plans and little girl will be coming earlier than induction day. 

GTKY: What's your favorite girl scout cookie? Samoas...we just ate thru them all. Luckily, I needed them out of the house! lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• bkatpbkatp member
    edited March 2019
    Hi @kristimh80 I checked for the discussion post earlier today, I didn’t find it. Thanks for starting this thread.

How far along / EDD? 28+3

How is everyone feeling this week?  Feeling good but just concerned that from past 2-3 days movements have been little low. I am not sure if it is because I have been really active last week. I have an appointment tomorrow so will check with her. I checked with Doppler and everything looks fine so I hope everything is OK. 

Upcoming appointments? Tomorrow, regular OB gyn 

GTKY: What's your favorite girl scout cookie? I didn’t study in this country so this is something I learnt when I moved here. 

Tried IVF after 3 natural miscarriages less than 6 weeks. Not sure what worked whether it is baby asprin or egg selection through ivf process. But we am expecting a baby boy with a due date of 5[/31. Feels great to be in third trimester. 

I see most of you here are full term. Good luck to all of you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @bkatp Welcome to 3rd tri!! When is your due date? You put 3/31, but that would put you at around 37 weeks, so figured a typo and wanted to add the correct day to the list :) I believe it's time for some other girls from 2nd tri to be joining us too! The farther along you get, the movements may slow down a little. I also drink cold water and baby will start moving, but I notice on busy days...I don't feel her a much, it's usually when I'm calm and sitting around at night. But cold water always does the trick...some so OJ works too.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• bkatpbkatp member
    edited March 2019
    @kristimh80 yes that was a typo. I just corrected it, it is 5/31. I wish it was 3/31, could have been if the IVF went as planned schedule.
  • @bkatp It'll be here before you know it! Honestly, I have no clue where the past 2 months have gone! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Hi everyone!  

How far along / EDD?  Today, I'm 37 + 5, EDD 3/27
    How is everyone feeling this week?  Some days I'm exhausted, and other days I have bursts of energy.  I work 12 hr night shifts and still plan on working 3 more shifts this week...Ahhhhhh!  I barely sleep at all, maybe intervals of 2 hours at a time.  I have "lightening" crotch, which is the worst!
    Upcoming appointments?  I had my first cervical check today.  No progress haha.  0 cm dilated, 30% effaced, -1 station.  Next check will be at my 39 week appointment next Wednesday.  
    GTKY: What's your favorite girl scout cookie?  Thin mints and plain shortbread (with peanut butter)

@kristimh80 You don't have to answer this, but what is the reason you are getting induced?  A couple of weeks ago, my OB thought she was going to induce me at 36 weeks but it turned out to be a false alarm.  
  • How far along / EDD?  37 + 1, EDD 4/1
    How is everyone feeling this week?  Quite good but so many new aches and pains popping up now! I think I might have an umbilical hernia - my belly button is SO sore and it's really bulging out. So gross. 
    Upcoming appointments?  First NST tomorrow. My doctor is away this week and wanted me to do the NST in place of my otherwise weekly appointment. 
    GTKY: What's your favorite girl scout cookie?  In Canada - the mint chocolate kind that are similar to thin mints

@bebesparrow I'm curious - was the cervical check painful? I've heard all kinds of things about the early checks.

@bkatp welcome! Juice always does the trick for me too, to get baby excited and kicking. I find that the movements changed a bit too as I got bigger. Fewer obvious big kicks and more wiggling.
    About me & TTC history in spoiler box:
    **CW: BFP**
    Age: 38 DH: 38 Together since 2000, Married August 2010, TTC since April 2016
    IF diagnoses: MFI (3% morphology) & LPD
    1/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    2/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    3/18 - TI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN 
    5/18 - TI with puregon  - BFN
    6/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    1st ultrasound @ 7 weeks: HB 145
    2nd ultrasound @ 9 weeks: HB 140
    EDD April 2/19

• Hi ladies!! I feel so out of the loop. My husband was out of the country all last week so I was just trying to stay afloat and feel like I haven't "seen" you all in so long. Glad things seem to be going well for you all. @bkatp, welcome! 

How far along / EDD? 27 weeks, 4 days today. EDD 3/29 but as of my appointment last Thursday, baby girl is BREECH soooooo we may be talking c-section sooner than that. Eep!!
    How is everyone feeling this week? Feeling pretty good. Had a small breakdown yesterday over all the stuff I feel like we need to do before baby girl gets here, even though honestly we're not horribly underprepared. It's just definitely crunch time and I'm feeling it. And we have a GI scope scheduled for my 7 year old this Friday, which is also stressing me out - I think I'll feel a lot better once that's over!! 
    Upcoming appointments? Appointment tomorrow - u/s to check and see if she's still breech, then an OB visit, then NST. This is all during my lunch hour so I'm hoping things run on time. 
    GTKY: What's your favorite girl scout cookie? Tagalongs! But the only ones I don't like are Samoas - I just don't like coconut. 

• @bebesparrow My dr was strict that she didn't want me going past my due date. I guess was IVF babies, they know the due date more accurately, so dr is being more cautious. I think some had to due with AMA too. But my baby is getting big, so I prob won't even make that day either lol Sorry you're having trouble sleeping! I feel you on the lightning crotch! I feel like I'm now waddling more than ever!

@scikap Ouch! Hopefully you can get some relief soon! Good luck with NST tomorrow. :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @uterusdreams Sorry to hear you've been stressing!! I think it's normal this close and I'm sure everything is / will be just fine! I thought I was on top of it all, then MH decided last weekend to paint a spare room that'll be the playroom, so now I'm with you and feel like crap is everywhere! Hope your NST goes well tomorrow!

I'm starting to feel like I'm missing out on NST's! lol We are doing weekly sono's now so maybe why. I'm over cervical checks! Guess knowing they don't always mean much and I feel like we make ourselves uncomfortable for nothing lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• You all are getting so close!!   Welcome those from 2nd Trimester- I am glad I won’t be alone when everyone has their babies before me!

How far along / EDD?  31 weeks tomorrow 5/15 but RCS May 8 
    How is everyone feeling this week?  Well- I actually had some bleeding yesterday morning so spent the whole day and night in the hospital.  Baby and everything checked out and bleeding stopped- but scary none the less. 
    Upcoming appointments? Had an appt today but since in hospital all day - they are rescheduling me for Thursday. 
    GTKY: What's your favorite girl scout cookie?  Tagalongs - my daughter is a daisy so we have been selling GS cookies 

• @bpietronicco Oh no! So sorry you've been in the hospital. Good to hear you and baby are good and doing well! Glad your scare is over. Did they figure out where the bleeding was coming from?
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @scikap I was expecting the cervical check to be more uncomfortable, but it wasn't at all painful (at least for me).  Luckily, my OB has tiny fingers haha.  

@kristimh80 Oh wow!  I wish my OB would err on the side of caution with me, but she is totally lax on a lot of interventions unless there is some glaring concern.  I had one sono since my anatomy scan.  She only uses the doppler at my weekly appointments to check HB.  The only time I had to do NSTs was week 36 when she was ruling out cholestasis.  She told me that my baby was already over 7 lbs at my 37 week appointment and expect the baby to be at least 8 lbs by delivery.  That is why I am terrified to go to my due date or overdue.  Ahhhh!!
  • @kristimh80 - no proof but believe it was probably coming from behind the placenta- maybe it pulled away a little bit. I’m supposed to take it easy and restrict my lifting and go in if I see anymore red blood. 

@bebesparrow I hate cervical checks- when I was in labor with my first- they had to get 3 different people with longer fingers to check me- so uncomfortable.  
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited March 2019
    @bebesparrow I get it! Last week my baby was measuring 8.5 lbs even though they said it could be over by 1/2 a pound. So she said if we get close to the 9lb threshold, then we'd probably be changing birth plans.  :# I was planning on 8lbs since that's what MH and I both were, but still in denial about it all! lol

@bpietronicco FX you don't have any more issues and was just a one time deal!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @bpietronicco so scary, but I'm glad everything checked out okay!! 

@kristimh80 thanks - I'm less stressed today, but you know, it comes in waves. The NSTs are reassuring but also uncomfortable because if I move, the monitoring straps slip sometimes and then I end up having to use both hands to hold things in place and can't do anything else while I sit there. Bah. I have a quick u/s scheduled for today to check on the position - I swear she's still moving all over the place so part of me is wondering if maybe she's flipped back head down - but if not, I guess we'll find out soon! And good luck with painting - nothing like last minute home projects. :) 

• @uterusdreams Thinking of you today! FX she's flipped back down and things go well. Nothing else, you get to see her little face today :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 thanks!! So, she was "oblique" - not quiiiiiiiiite head down, but not breech anymore. That said, my OB doesn't want me to go past 39 weeks so we're looking at scheduling for next Friday. I have to decide between induction and a c-section, and honestly I'm leaning toward c-section because last time when I was induced it didn't work and the thought of going through it again freaks me out. But, I'll be talking with my husband tonight and we'll figure it out... gah!! But it's also really exciting that she'll be here so soon. :-D

• bkatpbkatp member
    Thank you all for welcoming. 

@bebesparrow at almost 38 weeks your energy bursts sounds amazing 

@scikap yes I am also observing that now less of kicks more of turning around. Which also counts as movements according to my doctor. They asked me to keep an eye on the kick/ movement count once a day. It should be around 6 am hour or 10 in 2 hours else I need to call doctor and get into observation room.

I had my cervical check at 20 weeks and it was painful and I hated that experience 

@uterusdreams sorry about your stress but I guess  that will be usual knowing how close you are. Do you have a scheduled c section date ? My doctor said they are not going to do any NST s unless baby turns out to be on smaller  end at 32 weeks and 36 weeks ultrasound. So all I am going to get is 2 ultrasounds before full term

@bpietronicco sorry for the scare and glad everything is ok. Will they keep monitoring you more frequently?

I keep worrying as well my dogs won’t sit quiet and esp the puppy jumps around too much, Which might cause something unwanted 

• @uterusdreams I have a feeling I’ll be right along with you!! Have an appt tomorrow, so we will see for sure but like you, inducing freaks me out just from what all the stories I’ve heard! I hate the recovery of a c-section, but love the idea of not laboring forever! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• We passed our NST yesterday no problem, but it took a really long time because we had to wait around 1.5 hours for the OB on call to come and interpret the results! I was sure that things were fine, because I could hear the heartbeat the whole time and hear it speed up when baby moved, which is exactly what they are looking for as I understand it. The nurse monitoring me also said that everything looked good to her. But waiting for so long we started to worry! I'm glad the results were good. A little part of me was worried that they'd see something they didn't like and say  - hey time for baby to come out now! And we are SO not ready for that lol. Now I'm hoping for a nice couple of weeks to chill before I get to my due date.
    About me & TTC history in spoiler box:
    **CW: BFP**
    Age: 38 DH: 38 Together since 2000, Married August 2010, TTC since April 2016
    IF diagnoses: MFI (3% morphology) & LPD
    1/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    2/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    3/18 - TI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN 
    5/18 - TI with puregon  - BFN
    6/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    1st ultrasound @ 7 weeks: HB 145
    2nd ultrasound @ 9 weeks: HB 140
    EDD April 2/19

• @bkatp I go every week to appts because of
    my GD.   I start my NST next week.  They just said to take it easy- restrict my lifting and if I have any more bleeding, contractions or lack of
    movement to notify them immediately. 
  • @scikap So frustrating, the waiting alone! You shouldn't have to wait so long for a dr. Every week we do a sonogram to check everything. I swear every time we go to the dr, baby knows where we are and gets quiet and decides to sleep. When they check for her breathing freaks me out...I always have to turn on sides for her to cooperate and even that takes a minute. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Next week will be my last week in 3rd tri, so if someone wants to take over weekly check-ins....feel free!  <3
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• bkatpbkatp member
    edited March 2019
    @kristimh80 have you decided to get induced at 39 weeks ? 

Here is my 29 week bump. I feel this is smaller than 25 week one 🤔

• @bkatp My dr scheduled induction because they don't want me going past my due date. Btw you little bump is cute!! I swear some days they seem smaller! Esp when you start to drop a little, things look different! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• bkatpbkatp member
    edited March 2019
    @kristimh80 yes I remember that. I was asking if you are going to stick to that plan if the baby decides to wait until then. 
  • @bkatp Yes, sticking to that plan. Even though I don't like the idea of induction, I can't imagine waiting any longer esp how big she's getting. But they do have me on a low threshold, so if things don't progress, they won't make me labor for a long time..thank goodness! lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Hi girls!! Just a quick check in here. C section for me tomorrow. Sorry I haven’t been super active here the last few weeks. 
  • @Drove2u Best of luck to you tomorrow!!! I figured you gave up on the bump lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• bkatpbkatp member
    Good luck for tomorrow @Drove2u