October 2019 Moms

March STM and STM+ Check In

wintersongwintersong member
edited March 2019 in October 2019 Moms
Due Date/W+D:

Other kiddos/ages:

Nails/Fails:

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary?

When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How?

Questions?

GTKY: What are you reading right now?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: March STM and STM+ Check In

• @icomeanon13 I realized there wasn't a March one yet, so I made one! (see my comment on your bf post)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Due Date/W+D: Oct 28th/6w5d

Other kiddos/ages: 4 and 2

Nails/Fails: Not nailing much lately. I'm just so sick and exhausted that I'm not running as many errands as I should and letting the kids just watch TV when they get home from school. I really hope this is limited to 1st Tri.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Rants: Daylight Savings Time is going to be horrrrible, especially since I work tomorrow and both kids have birthday parties to attend. Rave: I'm just happy it's Saturday so I could sleep in and my headache isn't hurting at the moment. I may actually be able to get some work done!

When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How? DD is too little imo and she won't get it. I'll tell them both when I start to show to really get across they can't jump on Mommy's stomach. DS was saying he wanted a baby last night after coincidentally reading some books about it, so hoping that keeps on going in the coming months.

Questions? How do you entertain your littles when you feel like death?

GTKY: What are you reading right now? I have school reading, which is my priority right now, but I've started In The Unlikely Event.

• Loading the player...
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Due Date/W+D: Oct 3, 10w+2

Other kiddos/ages: DS1 is 4; DS2 will be 2 in about 6 weeks

Nails/Fails: nails- we’ve moved. Their rooms are mostly done!
    fails- they’ve basically watched tv all morning so I can rest

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I am so over the whiny and needy jerk of a 4 year old stage

When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How? They know? I think, anyway. They both outed me to their daycare teachers. 🤷🏼‍♀️ We won’t really talk about it until a few weeks prior to delivery. MOTY here. We never told DS1 about DS2 until the day before 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

Questions? Nope

GTKY: What are you reading right now? I haven’t read a book in a few weeks, but the last one I read was the newest In death book
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • @sorarose we do a lot of movies right now 😬 you gotta do what you gotta do 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Due Date/W+D: Oct 15th / 8+4
    Other kiddos/ages: DS is 2.5
    Nails/Fails: With the new baby and trying to sell our house, everything is feeling like a fail... But he's still alive and generally happy, so I'm calling that a win lol
    Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Similar to @cmbt2, I'm over DS's attitude and lack of listening... It's so exhausting right now 
    When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How? We've already told him, but he's young and I don't really know how much he truly understands... When we find out the sex in a couple weeks I want to get him a "you're having a baby ___" book!
    GTKY: What are you reading right now? I'm listening to The Return of the King (Lord of the Rings book 3) right now. 
  • Due Date/W+D: 23rd / 7+3

Other kiddos/ages: 10 and 3.5

Nails/Fails: Lots of fails lately. Just to tired to put much effort in. I I sooooo much laundry to do and I.just.cant.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? My post nasal drip is so gross. I can feel it running down my throat and it's making me feel extra nauseous. I'll rave that DH just went to buy a rotisserie chicken and is then going to make mashed potatoes. Mmmmm because dispite feeling sick I'm also starving 🤔

When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How? I am really undecided on this. I think oldest suspects based on my behavior and early morning appts. I want to find a fun way but not really sure DS will understand cause he's still young. Though I know hes dying for a "baby friend". 

Questions?

GTKY: What are you reading right now? I'm working on Koontz's The Whispering Room but I just have no time or motivation to read. Or function lmao
  • @sorarose I keep forgetting about DST. Now I'm regretting not letting DH sleep in this morning (we take turns getting up early with DS)

@cmbt2 I love that you didn't tell. It's quite funny. Oh yea, by the way.... lol

@nnaelilak alive and happy is a definite win!
  • Due Date/W+D: 10/25, 7+1

Other kiddos/ages: DD 1.5

Nails/Fails: I have so much less patience and energy to deal with toddler antics these days. Oh you’re going to throw I fit because I wouldn’t give you my chapstick? Fine, take the chapstick. I’m too tired. Mom of the year here. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? 

When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How? Probably start talking about it after first tri screenings. First step is figuring out how to explain the concept of a brother or sister. It will be tricky though because today we told her that friends were coming over after her nap and she kept asking about it all day. 6 months is a very long time for a toddler to wait for something. 

Questions? For nursing moms: my OB strongly suggested I stop nursing. His reasons were the extra calories (pretty sure my body has adjusted to that one way or another) and that nursing can cause contractions (I know that’s true after delivery, not sure about now). I’ve heard that it’s really common for OBs to say this, and reputable BFing sources (Kellymom, LLL) say there isn’t evidence that nursing while pregnant is harmful. I’ve been working on weaning anyway (we’re down to ~5 minutes in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon), so I’m leaning toward continuing with my plan to wean gradually, but it goes against my nature to just ignore medical advice. Any thoughts?

GTKY: What are you reading right now? The Fifth Season - sort of a fantasy/sci-fi
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cmbt2 Add me to the, I am hating age 4 group.

Due Date/W+D: Oct 16; 8W4D

Other kiddos/ages: DS-4, DSS-20, DSD-17

Nails/Fails: Add me to the failing list. We’ve had more TV/electronics time than usual lately because I simply don’t have it in me. I hear mommy do you want to play with me sooooooo much lately. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? My in-laws came in today and my house is a disaster, which it never is when they’re here, but I don’t have it in me. The first thing MIL did was comment on the mess of the playroom and my sons room.

When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How? I think we plan to tell the older two after my next US on the 21st. The young one sometime in second tri and we have some books.

Questions? Nope

GTKY: What are you reading right now? Nothing ATM, I have The Hating Game on my Overdrive account that I should read while I can. Before that I was reading Harry Potter because I never have.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Due Date/W+D: 25th/7W2D

Other kiddos/ages: DS1-8, DS2-5

Nails/Fails:  I was having severe nausea 100% of the day last week which was impacting my ability to function.  Since the day before we left for vacation it seems to have calmed down to just when I’m hungry or too full.  Thank goodness because Disney while nauseous sounded terrible.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I am unsure if my change in nausea is due to just getting over it (unlikely since I’m only 7 weeks), the unisom + B6, or the sea bands.  Whatever it is, I’ll take it.

When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How? We already told them with our custom Disney shirts we are using to announce.  It was a little anti-climactic because they didn’t understand.  We are also being licensed for fostering right now and they thought it had to do with getting our first placement.  TBH, when we first found out we were pregnant too we were just as confused.

Questions? None

GTKY: What are you reading right now?  Expecting Better thanks to some ladies here!  Also “reading” (audiobook) Big Little Lies And 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.  7 Habits is not near as amazing as I thought it would be given the hype.
  • @sorarose I’m still trying to figure out how to entertain my 3 yo. It’s been rough 😕

@prpl11butterfly That’s so cute about wanting a “baby friend”!

@quidditchcapn1120 God bless you for being able to do Disney right now! I don’t think I’d survive. Are you visiting Harry Potter World too? 

Due Date/W+D: the 11th/9+2

Other kiddos/ages: my son is 3 1/2

Nails/Fails: not many nails these days. lots of fails 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Dear God please let this nausea let up soon! My husband has been doing his best to pick up the slack but I’m tired of always having a sink full of dirty dishes and I feel bad about eating take out so often

When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How? We told him when we found out. He’s very excited and despite being bored a lot bc mommy’s not feeling well, he’s been a great helper 

Questions?

GTKY: What are you reading right now? I love reading but with nausea been kicking my butt I haven’t been in the mood. My sister in law lent me her Outlander book so that will be next on my list once I’m feeling better 
  • @greenbean-2 I could see if you were nursing a newborn re the calories, but at this age we're probably talking a few ounces a day and you can easily just add a few more calories to your diet. Re contractions, as far as I understand, if you're not high risk for premature labor you should be fine. There are so many women who nurse through pregnancy and tandem after and I've never read a story about it causing premature labor. I currently nurse my 2.5 year old at night and in the morning and haven't had any issues at all and my midwife is very supportive of it! 

@kindbytealikat did you love Harry Potter?! I always wonder if it holds up to the hype if you haven't loved them since childhood! 
  • @nnaelilak I wouldn’t say it was love but I did enjoy it and plan to read more of the series. I think it’s a well written and engaging story. I’ve also not seen the movies outside of Fantastic Beast but I have a friend working to remedy that.

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @kindbytealikat yay! I can't wait to hear what you think about the rest of the Potter world! 
  • Due Date/W+D: Oct 6

Other kiddos/ages: DD1: 5.5, DD2, 2

Nails/Fails: It feels so duh typing it out, but getting up before the kids makes for a much more relaxed and less hectic morning routine. I still only made it to work 10 minutes earlier than usual, but this was including a huge discussion with DD1 about how she hates bananas in her breakfast and her usual breakfast is stupid. Fails: not taking my omega 3 supplement more than like once a week. I'm good with the prenatals but the omega is ugh.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Rave: My MS has been greatly reduced these past couple of days, I feel so much better in the mornings. Rant: The weather. We've been waiting all week to set up the swingset and the trampoline and this weekend was a total bastard, weather-wise. Winds and rain and more wind.

When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How? I'm waiting until after I tell work, so end of March, after the Harmony21 test. DD1 is already broadcasting everything that happens at home, I don't need her getting on the intercom about baby when people from work take their kids to the same DC. As for how, both DD1's and DD2's favorite book is a "how baby is made" lift the flap book right now, so I think I'll use that as an intro.

Questions? Anyone else start a pregnancy book? With DD1 I had one with almost weekly belly shots and funny anecdotes of things that happened that week. DD2 didn't get one, but I did manage weekly baby shots for her first year, which I didn't think of with DD1. I haven't taken any belly pics with this one yet and am also feeling kind of meh about it. I already have baby's quilt in my etsy shopping cart, though, so baby is alllll set for the weekly shots once born :p

GTKY: What are you reading right now? FFMC? I'm a huge fan of JR Ward's paranormal romance the Black Dagger Brotherhood. The hulking "me strong man me full of instincts and violence" heroes make me roll my eyes but I can't stay away. New book is coming out in April and I've been reading the other books in the series in preparation.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• edited March 2019
    @cmbt2 Add me to the, I am hating age 4 group.

Can I say that four was a breeze compared to 5? Oh the drama. And the sass. And the heightened reasoning. Lordy me.

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @cmbt2 Add me to the, I am hating age 4 group.

Can I say that four was a breeze compared to 5? Oh the drama. And the sass. And the heightened reasoning. Lordy me.
    I have this with my almost 2 year old. Smart ass, he is. 

“DS2, you can’t do that!”
    ”why not?”
    ”because it’s not nice!”
    ”why not?”

touche, kid
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited March 2019
    @greenbean-2 In this case I disagree with your OB. OBs and pediatricians just aren't usually lactation experts. I am still nursing my daughter. My daughter is older, 2 and VERY verbal, so if I am nursing and feel crampy or my nipples are sore I just tell her my "nursies are ouchie" and that I can only nurse for 1 minute. If you aren't spotting or at an increased risk of miscarriage, you do you. Kellymom is a pretty reliable source for lactation info I think. At my last appointment, my midwife was completely unfussed that I was still nursing and told me the story of a woman she saw earlier in the week who tandem nurses her toddler and newborn. 
    (ETA - but seriously make sure you are drinking enough water. Like a gallon a day no joke. Your body will tell you if you are hungry, but water is easy to forget.) 

I'm thinking posting and ghosting is going to be an unfortuante habit with me. :( I just don't have the energy to get on the bump on the weekends, lol. I am a firmly at-work bumpie. 

Due Date/W+D: October 15, 9 weeks tomorrow

Other kiddos/ages: DS 4, DD 2

Nails/Fails: 
    Nailed It -- I found some Stride Rite shoes that were dirty but in good condition at a consignment sale for 4 dollars for my son! He was born with a clubfoot (now totally corrected) and his right foot is quite wide, so we end up having to buy expensive shoes for him. So score!  
    Fail -- Had to skip out on monitoring and teaching church nursery yesterday. It is a natural consequence on having a mom with ayoung family in charge, though; sometimes people get sick and you don't know you can't make it until that morning. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary?
    Rant -- Daylight savings time is dumb. Everyone keeps talking about how we get an extra hour of sunlight, as if it didn't exist before because it was before 8am. Also, +1 for being so tired, and it making me feel like a bad mommy because I just don't have energy to cook or really do more than the minimum. 
    Rave -- Technology makes my job so easy. I'm sick and exhausted, so I recorded all of my lectures in a PowerPoint video and just made my students watch it on their phones. Win for this tired mama. 
    Dear Diary -- yesterday I mentioned something my daughter would do with my mom today (my mom watches her while I'm at work), and she smacked me on the hand and said in a stern voice, "No. You stay home tomorrow." LOL, we don't even smack/spank, so I'm not sure where that come from, but it was super cute and I had a hard time not laughing while I reprimanded her for "bonking." Also, I can't wait to be a SAHM. 3.5 months to go, then I am DONE with teaching for a few years at least. 

Soon, now that I have seen a strong heartbeat. I want to tell them before the world, and I'm pretty sure I'm already showing. (I know my ute is still inside my pelvis, but SOMETHING is sure poking out and making it hard to hide.) My son is older and my daughter is REALLY verbal, and they both constantly want to see pictures of themselves as babies and pictures of them inside my tummy, so I think they will truly understand when I tell them they have a baby growing in my belly. I think I will just sit down with them, show them the pictures of themselves again (pregnancy, sonogram, belly pictures), and then show them the sonogram picture from last Friday. (I have to be careful to explain that baby is still VERY small and will be growing in me for a long time, until fall.) 

Questions?

GTKY: What are you reading right now?
    Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I've read the first two books, and its not my favorite tbh. The story seems like it will be truly interesting, but I can't get over his writing style, its just not my thing. (It's like a fantasy epic series, with some horror elements mixed in.) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wintersong @nnaelilak Thanks for your thoughts (and the reminder to drink more water). Abrupt weaning seemed unnecessarily harsh for DD, and painful for me (I’m prone to clogged ducts and mastitis) so I’m going to stick with my plan of slow and steady unless there’s a compelling reason to wean abruptly. Interesting that both of you have midwives. I’ve been tempted by switching to a midwife this time around, but they don’t allow them at the nearby hospital and I’m not sure if it’s worth the trade off to go further away. And I do like my OB practice in general. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @greenbean-2 IMO, if you’re happy with your OB in general, I wouldn’t switch. I’ve had both OB and MW, and I actually preferred my OB. I only switched because we moved states, and he wouldn’t move with us. Jerk... (tongue in cheek here). I couldn’t find an OB with similar philosphies (very mother-preference oriented, hands off with intervention unless needed, listens and actually hears concerns) here that had openings when I was looking around, and I’m happy enough with the MW group that I haven’t switched. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Is anyone else planning on being done after this one and planning on permanent BC methods?

i’m debating when is a good time to schedule DH’s consult (he’s ready whenever I am), with the procedure ideally being towards the end of my leave. 

I’d like my tubes removed as a second barrier, but I don’t like the idea of going under general for it (so, in other words, it’s a no until they change that)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 yes and yes. DH offered to have to procedure done since it’s much less invasive for him than it would be for me. But we haven’t started seriously looking into it yet. I think we’ll wait until baby 2 arrives and we feel done. We’ve never wanted more than 2 (and I really don’t enjoy being pregnant) but I want to leave a little room for us to change our minds. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wintersong @nnaelilak Thanks for your thoughts (and the reminder to drink more water). Abrupt weaning seemed unnecessarily harsh for DD, and painful for me (I’m prone to clogged ducts and mastitis) so I’m going to stick with my plan of slow and steady unless there’s a compelling reason to wean abruptly. Interesting that both of you have midwives. I’ve been tempted by switching to a midwife this time around, but they don’t allow them at the nearby hospital and I’m not sure if it’s worth the trade off to go further away. And I do like my OB practice in general. 
    Agreed with above, I wouldn't switch either if you are comfortable. My midwives deliver at my local hospital--CNMs are pretty common in northern VA. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Due Date/W+D: 10/18 8w4d

Other kiddos/ages: E just turned 6, A is 4, and C is 3. 

Nails/Fails: Bed time has been going horribly lately and DST has not helped at all 🤦🏼‍♀️ I need to get my kids into their own rooms before this peanut is born or we are all going to be miserable for lack of sleep. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I really want/need to have more patience with my kiddos. This last week and a half with a stomach bug on top of morning sickness, my house has went to crap and I really need to clean it but I feel so blah. 

I won’t tell them until I’m ready for everyone to know. It will probably be close to the start of the second trimester. I’m not sure how I will tell them but I want to make it fun, at least for my oldest. 

Questions? None this week. 

GTKY: What are you reading right now? Sarah Jio’s “Always”
  • @cmbt2 I don’t want to be done although I’m pretty sure we are. Since I’ll likely be repeat section it’d make sense to get my tubes done then if possible but I don’t want to make that choice

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @cmbt2 yes, DH is planning to get a vasectomy. I wasn't even gonna bring it up until after this baby's born, but we saw a bilboard and he was asking about it and said he'd consider it. I think I was able to talk him into it. He's terrified. I'm like, dude, I'll have pushed 2 kids out, it's the least you can do. 
  • @cmbt2 we are very much done after this one. I never imagined wanting 3 kids but raising our neice hasnt changed my need for 2 of my own (and so here we are lol). I want DH to get a vasectomy but he is very very anxious and avoids the subject.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    aprosch said:
    @cmbt2 yes, DH is planning to get a vasectomy. I wasn't even gonna bring it up until after this baby's born, but we saw a bilboard and he was asking about it and said he'd consider it. I think I was able to talk him into it. He's terrified. I'm like, dude, I'll have pushed 2 kids out, it's the least you can do. 
    Right?? We go through 9ish months of pregnancy and then L&D. They can handle a minimally invasive ✂️ My H offered. He’s all “I just figured it would be me since it’s less invasive” appreciate you taking one for the team, dude. Least you can do

we’re definitely done after this one; it’s just a matter of when we make the move. He’d call tomorrow if I was ready to just get it done (I want to at least wait until birth to make it final as a JIC, as morbid as that sounds)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 yes, DH is planning the big V after this pregnancy.  It is our third and we are fostering (maybe adopting), so we just don’t need the possibility of more bio kids.
  • Due Date/W+D: Oct 20 8w1d

Other kiddos/ages: G, 20m

Nails/Fails: add me to the list of excessive screen time 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I said this is my group check-in but I have a short work week this week and I’m just so happy about it. I need to be away from my job for more than a weekend lol

When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How? I don’t think she’d fully get it if I told her now. But eventually I’ll start telling her about the baby in mommy’s belly to hopefully get her to be more gentle as I get bigger 

Questions?

GTKY: What are you reading right now? I’m supposed to be re-reading The Cruel Prince so that I can read The Wicked King but for some reason I can’t get into it the second time around as much as the first.

@cmbt2 we’re  not sure if we’ll be done after this one or not so I’ll probably get an IUD after this baby to buy us some time. Once we’re really done, H has floated the idea of getting a vasectomy and I’m down with that
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Due Date/W+D: 10/23, 7w5d

Other kiddos/ages: 2 girls, 4.5 and 2.5

Nails/Fails:

nail: we are on vacation right now and my little one is sleeping in bed with her sister for the first time in a big bed and is just crushing it. We are team #cribforever at home but this really makes me hopeful that we will have an easy transition to a bed at home. My first was switched way too early and it was HELL. 

Fail: little one hasn’t napped in 4 days and I’m hoping this trip didn’t ruin naps for her forever. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Rant: my 2.5 year old is so hard right now and I’m so tired. 😴

When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How? After we have our first ultrasound and genetic testing. I think we will do a little reveal to tell them the sex of the baby - just us at home with the girls. 

GTKY: What are you reading right now? Just finished Essentialism
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• @cmbt2 I'm likely getting a RCS so they might as well do the tubes then. We're definitely done after this one so theoretically SO could get a V now but we're also very JIC until baby is here and healthy.

• Due Date/W+D: 10/20 - 8w2d

Other kiddos/ages: 3.5 yr old

Nails/Fails: I survived my 48 hours in 4 days of clinicals, took the day off from school yesterday and kept my daughter home from school. She was soooo excited to spend the day with mom. It was so sweet. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary?

When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How? I keep going back and forth on this. Now that we decided to do a blood test to find out the gender early, maybe we'll tell her after we find out. Or maybe wait until my bump is a little bigger so she understands it better. Not sure. I can't wait to tell her because she's been talking about having a little brother or sister for months now. 

Questions?

GTKY: What are you reading right now? Just textbooks for school. Not enough free time for anything good. I'm using all your recommendations from the other thread to make a list for when I'm done with school and after I pass boards in December!!
  • Due Date/W+D: 10/16; 8w6d

Other kiddos/ages: D, 20 months

Nails/Fails: my kid ate cheese dipped in ketchup last night for dinner, so yea. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? DD has been such a handful lately. She is throwing tantrums left and right, usually for the dumbest reason. I love her to death, but man she is testing me recently. 

When do you think you will tell your little(s)? How? She's too little to understand. We have told her there's a baby in mommy's belly. And if we ask her where the baby is, she lifts my shirt and kisses my belly which is cute. We also got her a book but she's very picky about books and usually throw them after the first few words if it's not one of her favorite 5 books lol She LOOOOVES babies, but I am nervous about her being jealous. Especially when it comes to DH; she is a total daddy's girl so I really don't see it going well when Daddy is holding another baby. Time will tell. 

Questions? nothing

GTKY: What are you reading right now? i have no time for reading lol

@cmbt2  I have always said I wanted 3, but I am getting more on board with 2 with each day. The thought of paying for 3 in daycare makes me sick to my stomach. And the thought of being 'outnumbered' makes me nervous. But we will see. I doubt we will make any decisions regarding that for a while. But eventually, DH will get the snip. 
  • @longhairdntcare which book did you get? Trying to decide if a book would be a good idea to help DD understand. She's 3.5 so I think she'll get it, but probably not fully understand. Anyone else have any book recs?
  • aprosch said:
    @longhairdntcare which book did you get? Trying to decide if a book would be a good idea to help DD understand. She's 3.5 so I think she'll get it, but probably not fully understand. Anyone else have any book recs?
    Hey! I just copied this from my response to another post because you reminded me of it:

For what age?

I liked the simple ones for my son who was 2 when my daughter was born. We especially liked "I'm a Big Brother" (there is a sister version) by Caroline Jayne Church. 

I did NOT like the Babies Don't Eat Pizza for my 2 year old. I didn't particularly like the illustrations, and even only reading some words on each page or just alking about the pictures it went over his head. It would be great for a 1st grader or higher though I think, adapting how you read to each kid. 

We also liked Im a Big Brother by Christina Stephenson because it didn't gloss over the annoying parts of babies and how they aren't ready to play yet. 

Finally, there is an entire Daniel Tiger season about Baby MArgaret joining the family. Maybe season 5? We STILL sing the song "there's time for you, and baby too" and "when a baby makes things different, find a way to make things fun," and my "baby" is now two. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wintersong Thanks! She's 3.5. I was just looking at a few and really like the Daniel Tiger book. We don't watch the show but maybe I'll see if I can find the season with the baby when it gets closer. Good to know about Babies Don't Eat Pizza. I saw that one too, it does look like a bit much for a toddler. 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    aprosch said:
    @wintersong Thanks! She's 3.5. I was just looking at a few and really like the Daniel Tiger book. We don't watch the show but maybe I'll see if I can find the season with the baby when it gets closer. Good to know about Babies Don't Eat Pizza. I saw that one too, it does look like a bit much for a toddler. 
    You can get the baby specific episodes on dvd. “Big Brother Daniel,” I think it’s called
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 I'll look for it, thanks!