November 2019 Moms

Group 2: November 9th-16th - Check-in w/o 3/10

We have a few more people so perhaps we can start group check-ins? Or whatever we decide together :)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? 

Re: Group 2: November 9th-16th - Check-in w/o 3/10

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/10 / 5w+1d

Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn

Upcoming Appointments: 4/1 for my 8 week appointment - soo far away!

How are you feeling?: Really, really tired. I can barely keep my eyes open. Not really feeling any sort of queasiness at all. Definitely a little moody. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I want to nap!!! Rave: hmmm...none right now hehe

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Watermelon slices 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/15; 4+3

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed 

Upcoming Appointments: 6w u/s on the 22nd with my RE.

How are you feeling?: Good. I have the occasional low back ache at the end of the day. And some insomnia at night, even though I'm tired during the day. Go figure.

Rants/Raves: insomnia sucks!

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Banana pudding!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 13th (4 w /6 d)

Baby is the size of a(n):Poppyseed (Baby could also fit on the end of a shoelace, apparently)

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until April :(

How are you feeling?: I have this ever-present lurking nausea. Also super exhausted.

Rants/Raves: I hate the freaking time change. We just need to do away with it!

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Taco salad!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • dani_0921dani_0921 member
    edited March 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/12 (4+6)

Baby is the size of a(n): sesame seed

Upcoming Appointments: 3/14 for my second beta, and 3/27 for my actual appt with my OB 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, actually. Bloaty and sore breasts. Could always use a nap, but not like a couple of days ago. 

Rants/Raves: none really at the moment, although that could change at any point. I do hate that I have to have betas done after a bit of spotting last week that went as quickly as it came, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Hmm potato salad. Yum!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/16 ; 4+2

Baby is the size of a(n): braille dot!

Upcoming Appointments: 3/18 - first apt with midwife where they will likely just confirm the pregnancy and schedule the ultrasound

How are you feeling?: Mostly fine, occasionally a little bit of everything but nothing major 

Rants/Raves: This is our spring break week so I'm quite excited to get a bunch of projects done!

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? For cook-outs I love making fruit kabobs. I usually put pineapple, strawberries, watermelon and grapes on them. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 4w+5d

Baby is the size of a(n): sprinkle

Upcoming Appointments: April 3rd!!

How are you feeling?: I have a cold so kinda crappy but other than that, not a ton of pregnancy symptoms other than having to pee all the time.

Rants/Raves: I’m short of breath and tired from this stupid cold and I don’t have any motivation to exercise. I missed all last week and was gung-ho about getting back to it today. But I’m wiped out on the couch!

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Probably spinach salad and would bring some wine if we weren’t pregnant :)
  • @mvc003 April seems so far away!!
    @gumby22c I’m sorry about the insomnia! I’ve had a bit of it too.
    @AshCHB Totally agree with you on the time change!! And I LOVE taco salad! 
    @dani_0921 hope your beta appt goes well!
    @sonorous622 Have a great spring break!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov. 11th, 5 weeks today!

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: 3/28! I'll be 7+3 I think.

How are you feeling?: tired and as of today, nauseous 

Rants/Raves: thanks ozarka for making some legit spring water I cant get enough of

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring?   I would bring drinks but seeing as though I cant drink, I would probably bring soda lol
  • @ameliabird811 girl, I knowwwww!! It's way too long to be alone with my thoughts. Hope your cold feels better soon. I too tried to get to my workouts this weekend and it just did not happen :(
    @gumby22c insomnia is truly the worst! hope you get some rest
    @dani_0921 sorry about all the betas - doesn't sound fun 
    @AshCHB I'm really feeling some taco salad right now!! 
    @sonorous622 yay for spring break! hope you get lots of good stuff done
    @justaplainbagel I never realized how often I had a drink when I went places until I was at a wedding this weekend...chugging sparkling water lol 

• dani_0921dani_0921 member
    edited March 2019
    @mvc003 Thanks! It's really not that bad, and if this one is good then I'm done. 
  • @mvc003 - when you wrote watermelon slices one of my first thoughts was "yes, soaked in vodka would be great...." then I remembered why we are all here! 
    @gumby22c - Hope you get a few good night's of sleep soon! 
    @ashcab - I'm totally with getting rid of the time change!! 
    @dani_0921 - I'll keep you in my prayers, keep us updated on the second beta!
    @ameliabird811 - I just got my first run in at least a week (may be closer to 2 weeks) so I totally understand, I would have been so sad if I hadn't made it outside today. Hope you feel better soon. 
    @justaplainbagel - have you always loved Ozarka or is this a new obsession?
  • @sonorous622 I've always loved ozarka water but now its like, I cant drink regular water cuz it tastes funny. Ozarka just tastes cleaner for some reason? No idea.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11.18 / 4 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed? 

Upcoming Appointments: I go for bloodwork this Wednesday. I will see my OB to discuss the monitoring I will have in the first trimester. She will likely schedule me an US next week or early the following week. I may ask for both. 

How are you feeling?: I don't feel pregnant at all. Last time I was sick from the time I turned a test until 10 weeks. Although, DD1 told me my belly was getting bigger and I must have a baby in there. Then she started asking me how doctors get babies out of your tummy. 😂 I told her exactly how they get out. She had a few follow up questions but the conversation never skipped a beat. She is only 4 but I want to keep an open dialogue and always answer her questions honestly. She didn't even bat an eye when I told her. 

Rants/Raves: I bought flowers today and we are going to plant them tomorrow. DD1 is super excited because she literally stops to smell all the flowers. DS2 is excited because he gets to dig in dirt. 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring?  The corn casserole I make during Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is so delicious.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5 weeks today 

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed 🍎 

Upcoming Appointments: 4/4

How are you feeling?: really good. I had so much nausea my last pregnancy, so this is a nice change. 

Rants/Raves: none!

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? I like to make appetizers. Bruschetta, dips, meatballs... 

@emeraldcity1214 jealous! I can’t wait until I get some Spring weather to start gardening.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emeraldcity1214 I love that you told your daughter already! Our son is 3.5 and has been begging for a sibling for a couple months. We haven't told him yet, but I can't wait to. Part of me wants to wait until after my 6 week u/s and part of me wants to tell him already! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 4 weeks, 4 days

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming Appointments: April 3rd

How are you feeling?: Tired. I had constantly heartburn for a couple days but that sends to have settled down. I'm trying to enjoy every meal until the morning sickness starts to kick in.

Rants/Raves: I need to rave about early intervention. My son started speech therapy about a year ago and then in November was diagnosed with mild ASD and the ladies that come into my home to work with him almost daily are amazing and the improvements he's making are just so wonderful to see.

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Since the potato salad was already called, I've got the kabobs
  • @emlettuce That’s awesome! Glad your son is doing so well!
  • @gumby22c I haven't told her. She just keeps telling me 😂 I'm not even bloated yet so I'm not sure what she is referring to about my stomach growing. I want to keep it a secret from her as long as possible because last time she walked around telling everyone that she was going to have a baby brother or sister soon. I'm not ready for the whole world to know yet. We likely aren't going to be sharing until 15 or 16 weeks. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    11/11 (make a wish!): 5 weeks 1 day.
    Baby is the size of a(n):
    Appleseed
    Upcoming Appointments:
    Bloodwork on Monday, March 18th, first ultrasound and prenatal appointment on April 15th
    How are you feeling?:
    Pretty good overall!  A little tired and moody. A little crampy and bloaty but nothing terrible.
    Rants/Raves: 
    Can't wait for all the exciting moments of pregnancy and with a newborn.  Ready for people to know so they can stop asking me why I'm not drinking and why I am so tired!  Ha!
    Veggie pizza!
  • chipsandquesochipsandqueso member
    edited March 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/15, 4 weeks + 4 days

Baby is the size of a poppy seed!

Upcoming Appointments: Seeing a hematologist tomorrow (3/13) because I’m heterozygous for Factor V Leiden. Had first round of blood work today, and HCG was 1612 and progesterone was 25. Going back on Thursday (3/14) for second round to make sure numbers are increasing.

How are you feeling?: No nausea yet (knock on wood?!) just some intermittent cramps that are pretty localized in two places. No spotting. Sore boobs, and a constant craving for steak.

Rants/Raves: I already miss red wine... wish I would've had a farewell glass of pinot noir! It’s been tough to keep the secret because I’ve had a quite a few social gatherings since we found out, including my birthday party. Best trick I’ve learned: drink water out of an amber colored beer bottle. Also, I’m beyond ecstatic about this pregnancy because we were just about to start our first round of IUI on my next cycle.

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Definitely my homemade queso (in a crockpot) and chips!
  • LOVE this idea BTW!
    Hi Everyone, my name is Julie :smile:

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: WAS: 10/31/19; NOW: 11/13/19 so 5W1D

Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn/appleseed

Upcoming Appointments:First official OB is set for 4/5 but may be rescheduled as I had an ER visit yesterday but staying positive <3 

How are you feeling?: Cautiously excited!! Got to see the little bean yesterday so that was refreshing

Rants/Raves: Unsolicited advise/ "You should know that (fill in the blank)" 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Post-pregnancy: Micheladas and Agua Chile. 
  • @jfloresmartin
    What happened with your due date? Why did it change? 
  • Betas looked great today! It definitely helped put my mind at ease.
  • @ameliabird811 My first due date was based on an approximate date of what we thought was a period. after the transvaginal US, little bean is measuring 5 weeks; both dates were possible. For now we are going with the 11/13 date
  • @jfloresmartin Ok gotcha!
    I saw in your intro you’re from CA. I’m in Orange County. How about you?
  • @ameliabird811 I'm just on the edge of OC!

• I lived in OC for awhile about 10 years ago. Loved it! 
  • @jfloresmartin Ok gotcha!
    I saw in your intro you’re from CA. I’m in Orange County. How about you?
    Originally from LA County!
    But relocated to the Bay Area and have been here since!
  • Hi everyone!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 13 is my EDD and I am currently 5 weeks and 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed!

Upcoming Appointments: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ultrasounds (mine is an IVF baby so we need ultrasound scans for 4 consecutive weeks before I am released to my regular OB)

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Not too many physical symptoms yet, but I am sure they're coming!

Rants/Raves: This bloating and fatigue are no joke!!!

I make killer potato salad, though it may not really be pregnancy-friendly ;) how about an awesome fancy fruit tray!
  • @mvc003 that’s awesome!!
    @emeraldcity1214 It’s a very nice place to live :) 
    @jfloresmartin Love the Bay Area too!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 9 / 6 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming Appointments: U/S #4, hopefully to see a heartbeat and make sure everything is growing as it should

How are you feeling?: Tired! But other than that, pretty good. I'm taking progesterone injections so my ass is pretty sore

Rants/Raves: I find it almost impossible to stay asleep at night, I was up at 4am today! 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring?  Probably Sangria...not much of a cooker. And I am on a mission to create a bomb virgin cocktail 
  • sara112019sara112019 member
    edited March 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/11, 5w+5d

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: April 10th at 9w+3d

How are you feeling?: Mostly tired, thirsty and intermittent cramps. No nausea or food craving/aversions yet. 

Rants/Raves: struggling with how painful the cramps and gas pain have been/ love going to bed early and spending more nights in with my husband 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Before pregnancy, probably Sangria but now.... Blueberry pie
  • sara112019sara112019 member
    edited March 2019

@motherofgauts

Same with Sangria! Going to miss it this summer. 
  • @motherofgauts

Same with Sangria! Going to miss it this summer. 
    Right?! Totally going to miss it! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/11 (6wk3d)

Baby is the size of a(n): Maine Blueberry 

Upcoming Appointments: Not until April

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Emotional, snappy. Tired. Having a hard time sleeping even though I’m exhausted. Heartburn off and on. 

Rants/Raves: The pregnancy brain has already hit me hard core. I am forgetting everything! My son was supposed to start iceskating last Saturday and I completly forgot! And of course my phone didn’t remind me! My husband is honestly annoying the crap out of me too. Blehh. I’m not used to being this miserable while pregnant. Usually I’m a really happy go lucky pregnant woman. Not this time around apparently. 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? I would bring a veggie tray or a watermelon! Maybe even both! 
                                                                         Image result for i breastfed my baby 1 year