April 2019 Moms
Options

Breech at 36 wks, getting a version next week

Anyone have success in past pregnancies with ecv? 

Also, I am having trouble finding literature on sitting on the birthing ball to help turn the baby, I have only seen a couple of mentions in articles here and there.

I am trying everything in spinning babies, but some of those tasks are so hard!!!

Any advice is appreciated, I really want to avoid a C-section as I am morbidly obese and that will only add drama to the process.

Re: Breech at 36 wks, getting a version next week

• Options
    rccwrccw member
    Hi! I’m currently 36 weeks with a breech baby as well. I haven’t found anything to support the ball helping the baby turn. I’m a FTM and I’m desperately trying to avoid a c section as well. I hope your LO turns soon. Well wishes! 
  • Options
    My friend got her baby to turn using spinning babies. She had luck with the Breech tilt. Her partner also shown a flashlight at the pelvis end of her belly. That got her baby to flip. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard good things about a chiropractor/accupuncture solution! 
  • Options
    I’ve been seeing an acupuncturist and chiropractor. I initially saw the acupuncturist for a complete placenta previa, not sure if it was the acupuncture, herbs or just nature but my placenta moved over 7 cm. Then at 32 weeks they said baby was breech, so I started working with the acupuncturist on turning baby. I also saw a chiropractor and did the Wilson method. Again, not sure if it was either one of those, but baby flipped by 34 weeks. 

If nothing else it’s nice to just relax and have someone work on your aches and pains! 
  • Options
    Yes to spinning babies, but also see if you can find a chiropractor/someone who does body work that is specifically prenatal and does the webster technique. 
  • Options
    No  experience but my MIL flipped DH during labor by getting on her hands/knees and doing cat/cow