October 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/11

New week, new randoms!

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/11

• Good morning! Now that there are enough of us, do we want to start a ticker change thread? One for the week, and then post on your day?
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @elle-0409, I thought we decided in the organization thread to do the weekly check-ins instead?
  • Loading the player...
  • I prefer the weekly check ins but I'll go with the flow.

And it's looking like strep for DS. Quick test came back negative so we have to wait until tomorrow for the lab culture results. Boo. DH use to get it aaaalllll the time so I won't be surprised if DS follows.
  • @galentine That sounds right. Sometimes things move fast on this board and I can't remember it all! Thank you. :) BTW: When are you going to tell us how it went the other day when you told your family???? I'm dying over here!
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Honestly, I think the more threads the better. I feel like it's been a bit slow moving and I'm seeing the same handful of people, so it would be nice to change it up.

• @galentine Awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm going to go read about it in the announcement thread!
    @prpl11butterfly Oh, no! Strep is the worst! I am so sorry for your DS. I hope that he is able to recover quickly.
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• @elle-0409, have you told family yet? It feels so strange having other people know now! I was pretty apprehensive/nervous to tell anyone due to our loss last year, but now that they know, I feel like I just need to tell the rest of my family, friends, and coworkers!
  • @galentine Most of my family knows, but part of me wishes that I had waited a bit longer. My dad texted me asking who else he could tell! :D I don't think I'll say anything on social media until at least 16 weeks. When do you think you'll tell everyone?
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    sorarose said:
    Honestly, I think the more threads the better. I feel like it's been a bit slow moving and I'm seeing the same handful of people, so it would be nice to change it up.
    This board is pretty slow. :/ I caught up in like 15 minutes (on my computer). 

I think starting threads, like GTKY or other things that apply to lot of people, is a good idea and fine tbh. I think Dear Diary threads are more annoying. But for example the breastfeeding thread that was started last week I thought was a great idea, but no one jumped on it so I thought maybe people felt it belonged in a bigger thread. *shrug* I say, start stuff if you want to and have thick skin if someone doesn't like it. ;)
    I’m on the just start stuff train. On the BF thread, there’s generally one started later on for all the moms to talk about prep, what to get, etc. (it’s also the one thread I don’t enter since my kids go straight to formula at birth).

im pro-ticker change, but that’s because I like to mark each week. It doesn’t really seem right for this board, though, because it’s smaller than I expected it would be (early 2015, looking at you at being the culprit here).
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited March 2019
    @sorarose and @wintersong, I love the idea of daily GTKY threads just to get some action/convo going, but I am terrible at thinking of good questions!
  • Maybe this is an UO, but I kind of like one big group check in instead of the weekly check ins. It would be what, 30 people? I bet I'll end up reading and commenting on the others anyway, lol. 

Also I have to think of better questions for check ins, like the STM check in. It gets irritating answering the same ones every time (Rant/Rave, etc) I just want to skip them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Put on the My Favorite Murder podcast (new minisode!) and dozed. Bliss

I have never heard of this podcast before, and read your post like you have a ton of murder-themed podcasts that you love to listen to, and you chose your favorite one to nap to. It made me LOL big time! 
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• I like they way we currently have things grouped because it’s nice to gtk the ones due around same week. Ticker changes don’t group that way. I also like GTKY dailies. We also can add in TT(Thankful Tuesday or Twatwaffle whichever applies lol), UO Thursday and FFFC
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @galentine
    Maybe I'll just start one next week and see if anyone yells at me, haha. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I like they way we currently have things grouped because it’s nice to gtk the ones due around same week. Ticker changes don’t group that way. I also like GTKY dailies. We also can add in TT(Thankful Tuesday or Twatwaffle whichever applies lol), UO Thursday and FFFC
    I think we’ve been joining UO and FFFC since it’s just slow in there. Or maybe it’s just because we keep forgetting 🤣 (I know I have!)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2 said:
    I like they way we currently have things grouped because it’s nice to gtk the ones due around same week. Ticker changes don’t group that way. I also like GTKY dailies. We also can add in TT(Thankful Tuesday or Twatwaffle whichever applies lol), UO Thursday and FFFC
    I think we’ve been joining UO and FFFC since it’s just slow in there. Or maybe it’s just because we keep forgetting 🤣 (I know I have!)
    It was unintentional the first few weeks (I was about to post the FFFC thread, and realized we skipped Thursday UOs, so I just figured I'd combine them). But we've done it several weeks in a row and seems to be working well, so I figured I'd just keep doing that until/unless someone decides they don't like them combined and posts a dedicated UO on Thursday. 
  • Somehow I missed them, but I have been MIA a couple weeks.

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• I do think the board is slow overall, at least compared to my last pregnancy board. Maybe it's just gonna be a small group? Or maybe it's still pretty early and people haven't really popped in much yet? Who knows!
  • I agree that we should combine as this board is pretty slow.  Plus, in the end, people who are due together aren’t going to be the ones that have babies together.  Some will go early, some will go late, and it’s nice to know everyone.  From my experience with my other two, as you get to know each other well enough for a possible Facebook group, you will want a large group of people who you know pretty well.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I agree that we should combine as this board is pretty slow.  Plus, in the end, people who are due together aren’t going to be the ones that have babies together.  Some will go early, some will go late, and it’s nice to know everyone.  From my experience with my other two, as you get to know each other well enough for a possible Facebook group, you will want a large group of people who you know pretty well.
    I can agree with this, particularly the not born together part. We’re going to have babies as early as late July (hopefully not, though!) through mid November. I’ve seen women have their babies as early as 28w and as late as walking in for their inductions at 42w.
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @quidditchcapn1120 you make a good point. I’m okay with combining. My last BMB was around 150, and we still have 50 in our FB after splitting into two. So this group is so small.

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Yea I agree this board is much slower than my last one. Maybe more people will start participating after first tri?
  • It's only Tuesday and I'm only 7 weeks, but this pregnancy is DRAINING my motivation and energy for work and I need another weekend. I'm WAY behind on grading for the semester, and I really don't feel like I have it in me to catch up properly by the time we need to post on Monday. I'll likely end up fudging some of the classwork scores, which I hate doing because of grade inflation, but honestly, no one seems to care too much but me, so might as well make it a little easier on myself.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I seriously hate TB app. That's what I use at night and I can never see anyone's avatars and it never lets me love-tit anything. so annoying. you'd think by now they would have improved it. 
  • @longhairdntcare For real! I straight up deleted it and just use the mobile website now. Still can't see everything I want because their mobile site also kind of sucks, but at least it's less buggy!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @grapeskittles4lyfe what patterns are you looking at?? I’ve been thinking about sewing up some laundry day tees from Love Notions because they’re easy and I’m lazy but I’ve never tried to sew actual maternity clothes. I also found a perfect 10 year anniversary dress yesterday but while it’s stretchy, I know it won’t work as is for our sept 20th anniversary if I’m due oct8, so I’ve put “modify clothes to be bump friendly” on my todo list

• I am so over my two year old taking one bite of meals and promptly saying he’s done. I have no motivation to prepare food and it’s sucks when he turns down nearly everything I offer aside from fruit, yogurt and toast! 
  • @galentine they only took 2 vials from me 😊 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @galentine I think mine was 3 last time? They drew my homocysteine levels at the same time, so I think one or two of the vials went to that! So, only 1 or 2 for the NIPT itself!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • emily1052 said:
    @galentine they only took 2 vials from me 😊 
    Me right now:

• Our freezer got left open and froze up.  It’s one of those fridges that has the drawer freezer on the bottom.  It’s happened before and we have to completely empty the fridge and freezer and defrost.  😫  I know, first world problems, but damn!  I hate living out of coolers.
    I have way too many condiments for this 😂
  • We’ve been in San Diego on our first family vacation and I’m majorly dreading transitioning our girls back to CST this week and our two year old back to naps. She desperately needs them but won’t nap unless it’s perfect conditions and it just hasn’t happened. Overall successful first trip though!
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• @PenelopeSnuz77, oooohhhh, can you share details of the catfish situation? I'm intrigued!!