Working Moms

Creme de la Creme daycare?

I asked on MC, too, but wondering if anyone has used this daycare.  We're thinking about using them, and ordered the materials, but I have no idea how much they cost (I know they're expensive, just not sure HOW expensive) or whether people like them.

Anyone?

Re: Creme de la Creme daycare?

• Here, when I looked into them for DD, they cost $1600/mo for FT infant care.  For that reason alone, I didn't even visit.  And our local one has a high turn-over rate because parents poach the teachers for nannies.  I know someone who sent his son there when he was 3 or 4 and really raved about it.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• We looked into it -- $1450 a month for f/t infant here (per child)

Hence, we have a nanny :)

• Loading the player...
  • We will be sending DD to Creme starting next month.  I have several people I work with that send their children there and they absolutely love it.  I'm in Houston so the price is the same as the PP - $1450/month.
  • Ally, would you mind reporting back on how you like it?  We still have some time to decide; wouldn't go there before May or June.  DD is 15 months so she'd be in the toddler room. 

• I know a couple of people that use the one here in atlanta. My MIL's boss who is the VP at Atlanta Gas and Light sends her daughter there. She raves about it to my MIL. We would have looked at it but the closest one isn't easy to get to for us. The one in Atlanta is $1650 which just to give comparison the prices here are $1235-$1700/month for full time infant care at other daycares.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We looked at them, here in the Dallas area. I can't remember exactly, but I want to say it was around $1500/month. DD was 12 months old at the time and would've been in the Infant C room.

I do know a couple of people who send their kids there. Everyone raves about it. Then again, I think that if you're paying that kind of money, you'll make yourself like it, you know? Smile Plus, it's certainly very flashy and looks good! I have not visited any other daycares that have their own water park!

We did not end up going with them. We chose not to go with a daycare center at all (which is another story) -- but even if we had chosen a center, it wouldn't have been CDLC. Part of it was that at 12 months, DD really wouldn't have been able to take advantage of all the "special stuff" that you're paying all that money for. Part of it was that I'm not all that convinced that their curriculum is all that great. At least in our area, I felt there were plenty of other daycares where DD would learn just as much and have just as much fun for a lot less $$$. Part of it was that at least around here, sending your kid to CDLC is something of a "status symbol," something you do to show off, not because it's best for your kid. And I didn't want my daughter around kids/parents who thought like that.

We're looking at daycares/preschools again now that DD is a little older, and DH and I have tossed around the idea of looking at CDLC again, but I think it would be a waste of time. The preschools we've looked at so far spend less time showing off their water parks (because, ummm, they don't have one!) and more time talking about how they'll take care of and educate my child. I like that.

That said, you should absolutely go visit. First of all, the place is an experience unto itself Smile And second of all, it may be a better fit for you than it was for us!

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• I love Creme.  My daughter has been there for 3 months now, she loves her teachers and loves the school.

We've looked at Primrose as well, the major differences we saw between Creme and Primrose were the diversity and age of the staff.  Primrose seemed to be staffed primarily by white 19-23 year olds.  Creme provides diapers and meals, while Primrose charges additional for breakfast and you provide your own diapers.  Taking into account these two costs, the price for Creme and Primrose is even.  I actually prefer the Primrose location and facility, but I could not get around the juvenile staff.

In addition, I like the wall of tv's when you walk in the door.  All of their rooms are on closed circut camera.  When I asked Primrose about why no closed circut cameras I got a lame response.  With a bunch of teenagers watching toddlers with no big brother to make sure they don't slip out their cell phones to start texting, we didn't feel comforted.

I can not say enough good things about Creme de La Creme.  I'm a full time working mommy so I need the peace of mind it provides.  I trust their staff. My little girl is speaking spanish and she's happy.  I'm not saying there aren't other great preschools out there- Creme just happened to be the perfect fit for us.

• imagesalt h2o:

I love Creme.  My daughter has been there for 3 months now, she loves her teachers and loves the school.

We've looked at Primrose as well, the major differences we saw between Creme and Primrose were the diversity and age of the staff.  Primrose seemed to be staffed primarily by white 19-23 year olds.  Creme provides diapers and meals, while Primrose charges additional for breakfast and you provide your own diapers.  Taking into account these two costs, the price for Creme and Primrose is even.  I actually prefer the Primrose location and facility, but I could not get around the juvenile staff.

In addition, I like the wall of tv's when you walk in the door.  All of their rooms are on closed circut camera.  When I asked Primrose about why no closed circut cameras I got a lame response.  With a bunch of teenagers watching toddlers with no big brother to make sure they don't slip out their cell phones to start texting, we didn't feel comforted.

I can not say enough good things about Creme de La Creme.  I'm a full time working mommy so I need the peace of mind it provides.  I trust their staff. My little girl is speaking spanish and she's happy.  I'm not saying there aren't other great preschools out there- Creme just happened to be the perfect fit for us.

First post.  Interesting...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My DD has gone to Creme the last 2 years and absolutely loves the teachers.  I never worry about her while I am at work which is well worth the money.  We are completely satisfied with Creme. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"