Infertility
Options

Doctor Switch?

Has anyone switched RE prior to actual first IVF? We are still in testing and prep phase and getting close to starting protocol with my period. I just don’t think our current RE thinks we will be successful. I know it’s their job to tell us all the facts and statistics. My DH and I are glass have full optimists. I’m not sure our RE has anything in his glass. Our infertility is age related. I’m wondering if I need to switch to one that could make me feel like they are going to give this 10% chance their best shot. Maybe a doctor that has had success with age related infertility?  We have one more meeting with him this week. As much as I don’t want to start over with someone else, he’s killing my vibe. Should I stick it out or switch? 

Re: Doctor Switch?

• Options
    mackororimackorori member
    edited March 2019
    @makana11 my two cents...the IVF process is stressful enough, you want to feel like someone is in your camp. That being said, as someone that has experienced a lot of struggles trying this over 40 (I’m 43 now), I can appreciate what they are saying about the statistics. They are not pretty, and you definitely don’t want to hear them, but it doesn’t mean success isn’t possible. My RE lays it all out and doesn’t sugar coat it, but I do feel like she genuinely cares and wants success for us. Best of luck to you going through the process.
  • Options