TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: MARCH Appointments

• How far along are you: 5w4d

When is your next appointment: Had one today

Feelings about the appointment: Kind of freaked out.

I ended up going to see the OB today because I was having what felt like ovarian pain on my left side. I've had this before pregnancy, but OB wanted to check just in case. They saw a gestational sac right where it should be that measured at 5w5d, but it was empty. OB said he wasn't concerned, but I wish a yolk sac would have been there. I go back in 2 weeks for my first official appointment. 

• Loading the player...
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited March 2019
    sorarose said:
    How far along are you: 5w4d

When is your next appointment: Had one today

Feelings about the appointment: Kind of freaked out.

I ended up going to see the OB today because I was having what felt like ovarian pain on my left side. I've had this before pregnancy, but OB wanted to check just in case. They saw a gestational sac right where it should be that measured at 5w5d, but it was empty. OB said he wasn't concerned, but I wish a yolk sac would have been there. I go back in 2 weeks for my first official appointment. 
    Ugh, those early ultrasounds are a mixed blessing. I hope the two weeks fly by for you!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sorarose, hope the next two weeks fly by for you!
  • @sorarose same thing happened to me!  The two weeks were tough.  I’ll keep you in my thoughts. ❤️
  • cooaladollycooaladolly member
    edited March 2019
    @sorarose hoping this two weeks flies by for you. So early to tell anything good but definitely good news that the doc is reassuring.
    @beachbeck19 I'm right there with you. It's so hard for age not to play a role in our worries. And I totally took a pic of my results too!

How far along are you:  7 weeks, 5 days
    When is your next appointment:  3/7 (still can't come soon enough) for US and 3/10 for first OB.
    Feelings about the appointment:
    *** Possible TW ***
    Going out of my mind. My symptoms have been easing the last few days and I had a couple of wipes with the tiniest ittiest bit of spotting in the last two days. If I was looking at a pregnancy test I would call them squinters, that's how little, BUT between the both it's got me terrified. Plus I had a dream last night of losing a pregnancy. It was super strange, it involved nazis and the baby being taken from me (more like an abortion than an MC) but still can't shake the feeling. So just wanting to time travel to Thursday and a hopeful heartbeat going aflutter inside me.
    Edited for readability
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • How far along are you: 6 weeks, 1 day (I think)

When is your next appointment: 03/18

Feelings about the appointment:  I am switching OBs for the sake of ease of scheduling but am not happy about it.  My OB who I love does not see OB patients on the days I can leave the clinic. So I’m going to try a different provider who can see me when I am available.  Anyway it’s made me less than excited but I’m trying to have an open mind.
  • @cooaladolly Sending positive thoughts your way ❤️ 

@meagan-t I know the feeling. I hope the next couple of weeks go by quickly for you and you get to see that magical little heartbeat at your ultrasound!
  • How far along are you? 8+2

When is your next appointment? Tomorrow

Feelings about the appointment: None really. I see a midwife group and from what I remember they don’t do a whole lot. I could be wrong though, it’s been over 4 years since I was at this stage with my son. I kinda wish I had set the appointment up for closer to 10 weeks so we could’ve maybe heard the heartbeat 
  • How far along are you: 6+3

When is your next appointment: March 6

Feelings about the appointment: Nervous. Ever since my scare a week ago, I’ve had some anxiety that I’ll get bad news at the first appointment. I also know that it’s still on the early side for an ultrasound, so it might be inconclusive. Hopefully we’ll hear a good heartbeat and get a logical, nonscary explanation for the spotting, and then I’ll be able to breathe a little easier. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you: 7+4

When is your next appointment: March 7

Feelings about the appointment: Just ready to see a heartbeat and that gestation is where it should be.  Last week, I called to ask if I could get my betas done bc of my lack of strong symptoms.  My dr. wasn't in, but another agreed and put in the lab order.  I was 1 day shy of being 7 weeks when they were taken and when I talked to the nurse, she told me my hcg levels were 39k....so obviously, really good. I think my dr. missed all those notes and all she saw was my betas.  She called to tell me congratulations and at the end said, "you're probably around 5-6 weeks pregnant." I didn't argue bc I know for a fact how far a long I am, but then it has made me worried that the nurse said 39 "thousand" when she should have said "hundred"??? IDK, pure speculation, bc 39K is really high and I'm not sure how my dr. can know how far I am based solely on that.  I am thinking maybe she thought I came in to get my betas just to confirm I was pregnant.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Finally have one booked!

How far along: Currently 5+6

Next Appointment: March 25th, at 8+6

Feelings about appointment: Super excited to meet my new OB and to get a confirmation/dating ultrasound. *TW*    Nervous, because my first pregnancy ended in MC at ~ 7 weeks. My second pregnancy was totally normal, but I am still not secure in this one and likely won't be until 24 week viability.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you: 6W4D

When is your next appointment: first appointment is March 20th!

Feelings about the appointment: Feeling a bit anxious. Hoping to see a healthy heartbeat! I know that seeing a healthy baby and having things confirmed will help ease my anxiety, and it will also help make things real for my husband 💕
  • How far along are you:
    9w+2d

When is your next appointment:
    March 20th, OBGYN. March 25th, blood test

Feelings about the appointment:
    Feeling meh about the Ob-Gyn, but I'm fully aware of my privilege as a non loss mom in this. I just can't be assed to go to the Dr every 4 weeks to get poked and prodded. I mean if the Dr could come to me, fine. So I'm feeling guilty at feeling meh.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @grapeskittles4lyfe meh is a good way to describe how I felt about all the extra monitoring with DS2 after a “normal” monitoring level with DS1 (though both high risk- providers had different views).

i think the redundancy of it all is what makes it meh. 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • How far along are you: 8W5D

When is your next appointment: March 14th for Panorana testing. 

Feelings about the appointment: I’m excited to find out gender, but I’m concerned that the results of the screening could cause me anxiety, especially if I have to do a redraw or do an Amnio. Not to mention just having to wait the 7-10 days for results. 
  • How far along are you: 6+4

when is your next appointment: 3/18

feelings about the appointment: anxiousness. I wish it was the 18th already. Not having any real symptoms, and I feel like that makes most of us ladies nervous. I’m debating having the girls at work scan me but the thought of not seeing/hearing what we should has made me say no thus far. It’s super tempting though. 
  • Had my first appointment this morning and it was kind of a mixed bag. There was a heartbeat (on the low side, 122) and a teeny speck of a baby, measuring a few days behind. I’m only 6+5 today, so I think it’s lucky we saw anything, especially if I ovulated a little late. But I definitely got the vibe during the ultrasound that something was wrong. Finally saw the doctor and it turns out that in addition to the baby, there’s an empty sac. Probably a vanishing twin, but they can’t diagnose it for sure yet. I’ll go back for another ultrasound at the end of next week to make sure the empty sac is getting smaller and baby is getting bigger. Also since I’ve been having some spotting, I’m on pelvic rest, at least until my next appointment. So I’m glad that there’s a baby with a heartbeat in there, but I couldn’t really see anything, and I definitely don’t have the sense of relief I was hoping for. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @greenbean-2, I'm so sorry your appointment resulted in uncertainty and mixed emotions. Sending hugs. I hope your next appointment has better news. ❤
  • @greenbean-2 I wouldn't worry too much. I'm 7wks today based on LMP (6+5 by O) and measuring 6+4 with a HR of 127. The RE I saw was thrilled with my stats and even said the HR was strong. There wasn't really much to see on my US either. Just a little blob 🤷‍♀️ But I'm PGAL so I fully understand how your mind is spiraling. 
  • @prpl11butterfly Thanks that’s helpful for comparison. I think part of the letdown might have been from the demeanor of the ultrasound tech. The woman who was there last pregnancy was like “there’s your baby! There’s x, there’s y. That flicker is the heart beating!” And basically explained what she was doing and seeing. This time the tech was very quiet other than telling us the heart rate. So I immediately assumed something was wrong. Luckily the doctor didn’t seem concerned, but just wanted to keep an eye on things (and even volunteered that I could come back end of next week instead of in two weeks so I’d have less time to be worried about it). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @greenbean-2 I hate techs like that. I've had the same tech for both of my losses that made it to US. She was sooooo stoic (even in the US before confirmation). We actually plan to tell OB we will not see her again. 
  • And also, I've been avoiding the US thread like the plague until today. But, if you look, a lot of 6wk ish USs have similar (even some lower) HRs and just look like blobs.
  • @greenbean-2 I'm sorry that the tech didn't make you feel more optimistic, but like @prpl11butterfly said, I wouldn't worry. At 6w2d, my baby's heartbeat was only 100. I went back a week later and it shot up to 135. Hopefully your next appointment will put you more at ease.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @greenbean-2 I'm sorry your appointment left you feeling icky. I know many techs aren't really supposed to say anything positive or negative and wait for the doctor. The inconstancy can be frustrating.  

• Had to reschedule my first prenatal appointment from 7w4d to 7w1d. Clinical assistant gave me a hard time, saying I should do it later to ensure seeing anything. When I scheduled the initial appointment, the RN said they like to do them between 7-8 weeks. Messaged my OB, and he said they should be able to see the heartbeat then.  No yolk sac last week has left me really anxious, and I want to be seen as soon as possible within reason. I hate the uncertainty of not knowing, so for better or worse, I hope to have my answer.

• Best of luck to you, @sorarose. I'll be sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. 💛
    DD 10/2019
  • I’m 6 w 1 d with my (surprise) 3rd Baby.

My first appointment will be March 21st when I’m just over 8 weeks along.

I’m nervous about the appointment- if I get through the first trimester, we’ll be 3/3 on getting through the 12 wks versus miscarrying. My second child has a severe congenital heart defect and even though it’s not likely this baby will have the same or similar issue, I have a lot of anxiety. BUT, now that I am getting my head wrapped around the idea of a 3rd baby, I am a little excited.
  • @sorarose Sending prayers your way ❤️
  • @sorarose Glad you got a sooner appointment. I definitely understand just needing to know one way or another!
    BabyFruit Ticker