April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 1 Check In W/O 2/25

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?

Re: Week 1 Check In W/O 2/25

• Options
    Congrats @lyse01 to making it to 35 weeks!! 🎉 Is there anything new about this pregnancy related to your being 10 weeks past the previous one?

Poptart is due in 36 days, or no later than 44 (post EDD induction date)! 

Any appointments? Questions? Nope & nope

Rants/Raves? Can't wait to meet my little girl!

BIL did the dishes and made us dinner last night which was really appreciated but he still has to go. 🙄 I dreamed he moved out while DH and I were out doing something and we came home to an almost empty room. Wishful dreaming. He still hasn't taken the ASVAP and we don't know if he's actively working on finding a new place to live (hope so).

How are you feeling? Sick, but otherwise good. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? I washed her clothes last week.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? In high school I wanted to be a police officer lol

• Options
    Due date: April 3

Any appointments? Questions? Not this week 

Rants/Raves? Friday is my last day of work! It’s so weird!

How are you feeling? Big and fat and tired because I can’t sleep

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week?   My coworkers threw me a baby shower this evening and it was so wonderful and I am amazed at how generous they all were! It’s so nice that people are happy and excited for me!

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?  Always wanted to be a teacher so here I am!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date:  4/1

Any appointments? Check up on Friday.  It might be earlier if my hands swell up again like they did last night.  It was hard to close them into a fist.

Questions? 

Rants/Raves?  Neither a rant nor a rave but I realized we're going to be full term in 2 weeks.  

How are you feeling?  Tired.  I keep eating the wrong amount of food.  Drinking more water is only going so well.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week?  DS has a sibling preparation class coming up on Sunday.  Interested to see how that goes.  Otherwise still trying to excavate our 3rd bedroom.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?  When I was really little 6/7 a teacher.  Later on I wanted to be a writer.  I am neither of those things.

• Options
    Due date: 4/2

Any appointments? Questions? Shots, ob. Baby measured a little big this week so I get a bonus u/s next week. Weekly appts here on out.

Rants/Raves? Holy shit, still pregnant. @mighty_montgomery I was overwhelmed today at the thought that I might actually complete the series of progesterone shots and have what my OB called a “take-home baby, by which we mean one you walk out of the hospital with” and cried a few tears in the office before pulling myself together. The NICU family that we were in the Ronald McDonald House with just delivered their second at 38 weeks, which just doubled down on that emotion. DH and I repeatedly discuss how we won’t know what to do with such a big and floppy baby at home - DD was rolling by the time she left the hospital and we were fully responsible for her.

How are you feeling? Like a whale? DH commented on my size yesterday in a sympathetic way, and just turning over in bed is a project. My back is sore from everything being pulled out of alignment and I can’t crack it but it’s not the severe pain I was experiencing a few months ago. Exhaustion is real...I nearly took a nap in Target today because I was so tired at noon, and yesterday I actually did take the nap. (Got a little annoyed at DH when he said “sure I’ll watch DD while you nap” and then got out of it because she napped too.) DD is extra clingy, wanting all the ups, and I’m like dude, don’t you see there’s no hips to sit on? Basically, starting to understand the third tri stereotypes.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Cleaned out my car so it’s easy to install the new carseat, but it won’t be installed til term because we still frequently carry three adults in my car. Harassed DH about the childbirth class. Got way ahead on DD’s winter reading challenge at the library since it ends on 4/1 and it’s safe to say I shouldn’t cut it that close.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Astronaut 👩🏻‍🚀

@rccw I think it’s totally normal to feel like your body is not your own, especially if you’re someone who normally takes pride in its strength and ability. Your sense of self-identity is shifting. It might help to redefine strength and ability in the context of pregnancy - eg your body is preparing for a marathon feat of strength, followed by a long period of nourishment - or for you to hear regularly how beautiful you are while pregnant. Even finding the right maternity clothes and/or a maternity photographer who can highlight the beauty might make you feel better about yourself. If all else fails, law school is about brains, and you’ve been accepted there - congrats :)

@saucentoss I’m constantly surprised at how much entrepreneurship goes into being a writer. Or rather, being a paid writer.

@suchagoodone yay showers!

• Options
    Due date: April 7

Any appointments? Questions? Have an appointment this afternoon. Had to get swabbed late last week to rule out BV and group B strep. Should have results today...keeping fingers crossed

Rants/Raves? As fun as baby showers were and as generous as people were, it's oddly a relief that they're over! Also, got a crib from walmart at a 30% discount this weekend, which was awesome b/c we didn't have one yet!

How are you feeling? Huge, slow. I think I've been having BH...feeling kinda crampy but nothing that makes me stop in my tracks or stop what I'm doing--just noticing them. Having a lot of discharge, hence why checking for BV and GBS

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Got a crib! Sorted some of the baby shower things. Going to do a butt load of baby's laundry with my mom this weekend and sorting--husband will be at a bachelor party but we're both cool with this arrangement.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? A ballerina, also at one point an astronaut and at another point a nun.

• Options
    Due date: April 2nd

Any appointments? Questions? Had an appt, good news: fundal height was measuring much closer to being on track- 33 cms at 35 weeks, vs 29 cms at 34 weeks. And baby has moved to anterior position (which likely accounts for the change). Midwife said she is probably not a huge baby, but prob also just fine. (I'm a pretty small person too, so not too worried).

Rants/Raves? This week was the last of the childbirth class series (an 8 week class) my husband and I took. And I am very grateful to have done it. By the end of the class, I felt so connected with everyone, and since they live nearby we are starting a mothers group during maternity leave as well as planning monthly reunions. Although that was part of my motivation for doing the class, I am feeling v grateful to have found these people, who also are eager to meet up. I recommend wholeheartedly finding a class or group to connect with other families in a similar place.

Also, had a beautiful baby shower last weekend that my room mate from college threw, it was so incredible to have people from different parts of my life together and blessing this little baby.

I am a bit upset with my boss/ being made to feel guilty about planning to stop work at 38 weeks. My staff director worked up until her babies were born, and went back to work at least part time at 8 weeks. Here in CA pregnant women are eligible for leave at 36 weeks, and women I have spoken with have raved about taking some time to rest, focus on the baby coming, and do prenatal yoga classes etc. I think I need to have a longer convo about why I am choosing to do this, but I feel like she/others at my work may think I am not into my work or selfish to take time off unless I am REALLY sick. Its so backwards from the thinking in the UK (where I am from originally).

How are you feeling? I am feeling mostly good physically- the floradix iron supplements seem to be working, and so I am more energetic this week. Worried I may have a UTI- had a urine sample taken that looked ok, and taking cranberry, drinking lots of fluids, but might need to test again later this week based on v slight symptoms. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? The baby shower got us much more prepared! This weekend we are finally planning to put our birth plan down on paper and go over it with my mother, who will also be acting as a doula for us. And next week is the 'birth room' meeting at the birth center where we will go over the plan with the midwives.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? A Doctor. Now work as a public health advocate to reduce toxics in the environment and prevent people from getting sick, so not super unrelated.

• Options
    @laurainoakland Glad the class went well. Hopefully you director understands.  How someone handles maternity leave is so personal.  I had to have a conversation with my direct repot who is due a few moths later than me to tell her that she shouldn’t be watch what I do and assume it’s a good plan for her.  I know with my first staying home made me anxious and a bit depressed. This time I am going to try to be more flexible and see what happens. I think stopping work at 38 weeks is quite sensible. 

Also oh my it’s March. Let the 1 month countdown begin. 
  • Options
    s_montgomerys_montgomery member
    edited March 2019
    Random update: earlier this week after BIL had left for work I heard his dog eating out of one of our dishes in his bedroom, so I went in there to bring it to the sink (Pets eating off of the same bowls/plates as me kind of disgusts me.). His room had trash everywhere. So I talked to DH about telling his brother to clean his room, DH looked in there and agreed it needed to be cleaned.
    Fastforward to last night. BIL starts actually cleaning his room, unprompted (DH didn't end up talking to him). It was amazing. 😍 So many trash bags full of junk came out of there. 🤢🤢 DH and I talked about it when we went to bed. While I still feel concerned about if he's really going to move out within the next month (WOOHOO only a month until we meet our babies!!), DH sees it as a sign his brother is getting ready to go. I hope so! In all the time he has lived with us, I honestly believe he has not once cleaned his bedroom (big point of contention for me).

I can't wait to make the room into a cozy nursing/play room. 😄
  • Options
    rccwrccw member
    @mighty_montgomery Honestly, you’ve been so patient during this whole entire journey with your BIL. I would’ve lost my sh*t by now LOL. But yay! You’re finally getting your space back.