Pregnant after IF

2nd trimester check in w/o March 4th

edited March 2019 in Pregnant after IF
  • How far along?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What's your favorite Oreo type? (stolen from another thread)  
  • Feel free to share a HDBD!!

Mommies to be  

@mrsyng 5/29 BOY!

@bkatp 5/31 BOY!

@northbeach3 6/5 GIRL!

@Momifbysea 6/9 BOY!

@Griffin5413 6/21 GIRL!

@Bababatty 6/21

@autumnlvs 6/29 GIRL!

@babydust2507 7/12 BOY!

@blackhottamales 7/18 Team GREEN!

@ndz2018 7/25 BOY!

@flanners1 7/27 BOY!

@wilde1410 7/31 GIRL!

@wabash15 8/15 Team GREEN!

Let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here!

Re: 2nd trimester check in w/o March 4th

• **1st Timer** EDD 7/31

Girl How far along? 18+5

How are you feeling this week? In bedrest for the week. My cervix is short. So taking several meds to see if there is any improvement.

Rants/Raves? Questions? Anyone have or had a cerclage? And how much time were you off from work?

Any upcoming appointments? 2nd appt w/ Maternal Fetal to decide on doing cerclage or not. 

GTKY: What's your favorite Oreo type? I like golden oreos. But I prefer peanut butter cookies.
  • @wilde1410 Welcome! I don't have an answer for you regarding the short cervix but i hope you are able to find a good solution. What do you do for work? Is there anything you can do from your bed?

• How far along? 20+4
    • How are you feeling this week? ok, my hip is sore, feels like from sleeping on my side but I also had a long walk on Saturday that could have made it tired. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Just counting down the number of days until my cousin moves out of our house.  She moves at the end of the month and i can't wait to have the house to ourselves again for the few months before LO arrives. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? I thought i had one this week but it's not until next week, it's been almost 3 weeks from my AS so I'll be happy to hear the heartbeat again.  
    • GTKY: What's your favorite Oreo type? (stolen from another thread)  I like traditional, but we tried the "most stuffed" I think that was a recent promotion--too much filling!! I don't eat them often mostly because we switched to almost milk and it doesn't taste as good with oreos as cow's milk (IMO). 
  • Loading the player...
    • How far along? 26w,1d
    • How are you feeling this week? Pretty good, still have the heartburn but managing it better in the last couple days. I feel more energy too at times so am trying to take advantage of that!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Just wishing this cold weather would end! When my husband left for work this morning it was -4! Spring weather will be good for my soul.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Not til end of month.
    • GTKY: What's your favorite Oreo type? (stolen from another thread)  I like golden best, but also if I'm eating regular ones I like the double stuff. I know that part is totally bad for you which is why I don't have any in my house or I'd eat them all!!!
    @wilde1410 welcome! Glad you're here but sorry to hear about the bed rest. I've been on pelvic rest the whole pregnancy but bed rest would be really tough! Do you know how long you'll be on that? Guess it would depend on the MFM's decision on the cerclage? I am sorry I have no input on that as I've never known anyone to have to get that. But I will be thinking of you!
    • How far along? 16+5
    • How are you feeling this week? no too bad. the fatigue is getting a little better. Had quite a bit of reflux/heart burn last night, but hopefully its just a one off and not starting up this early
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I am with @Momifbysea I am so ready for spring. The windchill is -25F today and I'm just over it. Rave: we are updating some of the lighting in our house and so far it looks good. I can't wait for the rest of it to be done.
    • Any upcoming appointments? I had a MW appointment on fri and all looked good. Nothing again till the end of the month for my anatomy scan.
    • GTKY: What's your favorite Oreo type? (stolen from another thread)  usually just the regular (though the chocolate covered ones are super tasty. All that being said this kid does not like sweets and I tried an oreo the other week because it looked so good and I nearly vomited.... sigh...
    @wilde140 Welcome! I'm sorry your having issues with cervical shortening already. I have not had a cerclage. I think I remember ladies who had one only took a little bit of time off (a day or 2 ) before they could go back to work. 
    @blackhottamales I can imagine how excited you are to get some just you and DH time back.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• bkatpbkatp member
    • How far along? 27+3, will be moving to third trimester next week 
    • How are you feeling this week? Good no complains
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Not really. My mom is coming to help me until my delivery next week so happy to have her. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next Tuesday. Regular Ob gyn 
    • GTKY: What's your favorite Oreo type?  I actually don’t like any type of Oreo 
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!! Will share one next week
    @wilde140 welcome. I think one other person in this 2nd Trimester group were also thinking of cerclage,hopefully you will get an answer on this soon.

@blackhottamales  I was in the same Situation as yours a month ago where my sil was here. I felt like I had no privacy at all. I can totally understand how much you must waiting for you and ur DH time 
  • @wilde1410 - welcome to 2nd tri! hoping your appointment goes well to figure out the best solution. 
    @blackhottamales - I bet it will be so nice to have some "quiet" before the whirlwind comes in just a few months. 
    @Momifbysea - you can have some of our 80 degree weather we are having here in AZ. I have been loving the cooler weather here this year but it overnight switched from the low 50's to 80 this week. I feel like my heartburn started day 4 post transfer with this pregnancy. It's the worst!

• How far along? 24w 3 d
    • How are you feeling this week? apart from my back killing me, I've been feeling pretty good this week. I think I've just been overdoing it. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I'm pretty relieved to be in the "viable" stage of pregnancy. Now I'm just hoping to make it all the way to c-section date which I should be absolutely fine doing... My MIL & SIL are moving out here prob the 3rd - 4th week in May and kind of want my husband to come out and help with the move. But that's like 3 weeks before c-section and my son was born at 37 weeks. I've already asked my dad if he would come out so I'd have someone here in case I went into labor early. I'm just envisioning my water breaking at 11:45 at night again and having to drive myself to the hospital so my dad can stay and watch my son. lol. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? not til the 18th
    • GTKY: What's your favorite Oreo type? I like the double stuffed. What I don't get are the oreo thins... I mean what is the point of oreos if there is hardly any stuffing! 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So...I just read on my BMB this comment that made me laugh. "I feel like a super pro at blood draws by now. I think I've had like 6 since we started this whole thing."

Ummm...6?!?!?! I can't even count the number.  I just thought you all might get a chuckle out of the comment.

(also...i really enjoy the OP who posted, so if you read this, nothing against you; just different experiences that 6 blood draws make you a pro
    :)
  • @Griffin5413 yay for viability! yah I would be a bit nervous about having DH gone 3 weeks before the EDD
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @blackhottamales
    Yeah, I think the lady at Quest who was taking my follow-up betas remarked on how many needle marks/scars there were on my arm. I'm also one of those people with tiny veins so they always had to stick me a couple times >.< Quest figured it out and used a butterfly needle on me whenever I came in. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• How far along? 19w5 days 
    • How are you feeling this week? Good! Almost half way! 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I still feel like I’m way to big for my gestational age but I’ve ‘only’ gained 7kg so far so it doesn’t feel as bad as it looks ha! Also I’m annoyed at my husband who thinks pregnancy is a breeze and I’ve done it all before so he doesn’t need to give me any special treatment or attention... grrr
    • Any upcoming appointments? 18th March to check my oh so lovely incompetent cervix (seriously who comes up with these names!!?) 
    • GTKY: What's your favorite Oreo type? (stolen from another thread)  oh we only have 2 here where I live and it’s the classical one for sure!
    @Griffin5413 congrats on making it to viability! That’s such a huge step. Your family moving so close to your due date might not be the best idea. Can you ask them to move it. Given last time your boy came 3 weeks early, I’d keep those weeks around DD free! 

@wilde1410 sorry to hear about cervix challenges. What cervical length are you at? I’m having cervical issues, too. This is my second pregnancy. In my first I got an emergency cerclage at 19 weeks with 1.8cm cervix left (which is a lot compared to others, I know). I was put on strict bedrest for 1 week and then pelvic rest and limited walking, standing etc. for my entire pregnancy. Also on progesterone for the whole time. It was emotionally stressful but otherwise manageable. I had biweekly checks for cervical length and made it to 40 weeks (cerclage removed at 36 weeks). 
    This pregnancy we are watching the cervix closely since the beginning and opted for a pessary ring instead of the stitch at 16 weeks. But I had 3cm length so not as worrying as last time. I’m moving around freely but have some limitations and am of course on pelvic rest. 
    Feel free to PM me. I’ve done a mountain of research on the topic and can pass on a lot. 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• @mbradfo2 - I used to just ask for a butterfly needle proactively. Even when they gave me grief I would tell them look, I only have 1 only have lymph nodes in 1 arm and there are only like 2 places you are going to get a vein. They never fought me on it and it saved me so much hassle! 
    @flanners1- I feel the same way about my husband and no special treatment! lol. He has said that he's not going to leave so close to the due date b/c he doesn't want to chance missing the birth of our baby. My dad said he would come stay with me and a couple of my neighbors have already said if we ever need anything to just call which is so sweet. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @northbeach3 Best of luck on your glucose test! Excited to have you join 3rd tri next week!! I agree, I swear all the classes are 3 hours long. We did an infant cpr & safety class this weekend that was also 3 hours long and I believe my online BFing one is too. Hopefully your classes are spread out some! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristim
    @northbeach3

I'm a little glad that I got to miss all of my classes and the hospital tour haha I couldn't sit through a 3 hr class on childbirth! Especially not several sessions!! And it would have probably just freaked me out. I read up a bit but mostly I just figured the doctors and nurses would be able to guide me along. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @mbradfo2 Haha the only saving grace I had was 1/2 the cpr class was hands on and they served food! LOL I will not let myself look at any childbirth stuff because I know it'll freak me out too!  
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 , @mbradfo2 ; @northbeach3 - with my son, I got the 1st class in and missed the labor techniques one. I feel like there is so much content available online and all of the baby apps we use during pregnancy that the class itself wasn't life changing for me. I also didn't have a full birthplan written out or things like that which is probably a good thing because he came 3 weeks early and all of that flew out the window anyway. lol. The 1 thing I actually remember from the birth class was the lady telling the husbands that if they weren't sure they wanted to watch everything down there then they should stay up near our head but the nurse literally gave my poor husband no choice when she told him to grab one of my legs as I was pushing. He saw probably way more than he ever wanted to which ended up being for nothing b/c I ended up with a c-section after 3 hours of pushing. lol

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi Ladies! I've been really busy at work this week, it's just now getting back to normal.
    Welcome @wilde1410 and @flanners1and sorry about the extra stress you have to go thru with that cervix shortage issue. hope it gets better
    @Griffin5413 congrats on getting to the viability stage, I can't wait to get to that stage and I will then announce to my friends out of states.
    @bkatp and @northbeach3 that's exciting to move to 3rd trimester! congrats girls! and @northbeach3 GL on your glucose test. i'm having mine at my next appt, i'll be 24 weeks 
    • How far along? 21w6d
    • How are you feeling this week? really tired, not sure if it's because i've been really busy at work or it's just the pregnancy 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? still frustrating with my swelling feet, and the cold and I'l take someof your AZ weather @Gri@Griffin5413
    • Any upcoming appointments? 03/21 (MFM) and 3/22 (OB)
    • GTKY: What's your favorite Oreo type? (stolen from another thread) . The original! you won't believe I tell you I never tried any of the new flavors. I always stick with what I like although I'm tempted to try them don't wanna be disappointed and have to waste it! lol
  • @Griffin5413 That's how I feel about it. Plus, I haven't made any strict labor plans because I know in the moment...like you said...it'll all fly out the window. I told my doctor whatever is the most painless and easiest method...sign me up! I know I'm not wonder woman and not going to try to be lol That's my fear, I'm scheduled for an induction and just waiting for it to turn into a c-section. So I keep thinking...I hope I don't try all that mess for nothing!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 - that was probably the worst part about the whole thing for me. My water broke at 11:45 at night after I had only been asleep for like an hour and a half. So by the time we did the c-section at 10:45 the next night I hadn't slept or eaten in 24 hours. I had just spend 3 hours pushing and I could hardly keep my eyes open to even see him let alone realize everything that was going on around me. This time, my c-section is already scheduled and I'm going to have a nice shower that morning and do my hair and makeup. I am determined to at least remember everything that's going on. Unless of course she comes 3 weeks early in the middle of the night like her brother and that will fly out the window too. LOL. :smiley:

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 You poor thing!! That's my worst fear! Everyone I know that had them scheduled, it seemed so quick and uneventful. My boss had her baby in the fall, I swear because she had a c-section and was able to look good...we were all like "are you sure you just had a baby" because her photos she looked so good and put together! lol FX your little one stays til her scheduled day!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• bkatpbkatp member
    Happy Women’s Day all you wonderful women here supporting each other at all levels.
  • happy women day to you too @bkatp and to all the other wonderful ladies in here!
  • I’m late with HDBD but this is from wed at 27 weeks. Coworkers finally telling me I’m looking more PG. still don’t feel like I’ve truly popped. Just look fat from the front but have to see me from side to notice. But that’s my perception. 

*TW GROSS TMI*

In other TMI news, experiencing very loose watery stool. Not quite diarrhea but releasing a little bit of liquid before pooping when I sit down. Pregnancy is weird! Ugh 

hope everyone had a good week! Can’t wait to cross into 28weeks! Time is flying by!

me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• bkatpbkatp member
    @northbeach3 your bump looks great and looks more prominent now