TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: MARCH Symptoms

• So, nausea is still mild (feel sick, but only vomited once), nipples are a little sore (only when nursing), and the bloat is getting better. 
    But.
    So. Much. Pressure. I feel like someone shoved a helium tank up my hmm hmm and turned it on. In addition to that I have been experiencing a lot of round ligament pain! It feels crazy early for that, but I feel it when I move from a curled shape to a straight one, like when I'm getting out of the car. Its especially bad if I try to stand up while holding my daughter. (I'm not worried about ectopic or anything, its a really distinctive rlp feeling.) 

So of course now I'm terrified I'm having twins, lol. (Doesn't every pregnant woman think that at some point though, at least secretly?) 

I also have been having crazy mood swings from weepy to irritated. I've been so irritable with my poor kiddos. They are 4 and 2, and I get SO FRUSTRATED recently. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nausea is kicking my butt. I'm low-grade nauseous basically all day, save for an hour or so after each meal. I've been vomiting like clockwork one time every single morning (regardless of doing all the "tricks" like eating crackers before I get out of bed 😢). I turned down nausea meds at my appointment this week, and now I'm second guessing that decision, since it seems to be ramping up right now (I'm 8w5d).
  • Once I hit 6 weeks the nausea really kicked in and I've been feeling miserable the last few days. It feels like I can't stomach anything until around dinner time. I've been eating plain waffles and pita chips during the day. 

Still very tired. Trying to squeeze some workouts in still because I do feel a little better after doing those. Crazy dreams. Crazy dry mouth. 
  • Welp, I have bronchitis. I have a terrible cough that feels like it’s coming from my soul, and a low grade fever. Day three today. Went to the dr yesterday and they asked if I wanted an antibiotic but said they normally wouldn’t do it when I’m this early unless my fever is getting high. So of course I said no because who the hell would take that chance if they don’t recommend it?? Just gonna feel like crap for however long it takes, I guess. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Welp, I have bronchitis. I have a terrible cough that feels like it’s coming from my soul, and a low grade fever. Day three today. Went to the dr yesterday and they asked if I wanted an antibiotic but said they normally wouldn’t do it when I’m this early unless my fever is getting high. So of course I said no because who the hell would take that chance if they don’t recommend it?? Just gonna feel like crap for however long it takes, I guess. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Did you go to your OB or your primary? Sometimes OBs will be more willing to prescribe antibiotics than regular doctors. (Example: my OB was like "sure you can take amoxicillin after your wisdom tooth extraction and you can get an xray as long as you wear an apron" and my oral surgeon was like "We won't do an xray until you are in your second trimester and I won't prescribe any antibiotics to pregnant ladies." 

As long as your fever is under control I wouldn't worry about baby, but bronchitis is no joke and you want to get better!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wintersong That’s a great point. I went to my regular dr, not my OB. Maybe I’ll call my OB and ask just to see. It sure would be nice if I could safely take something to get better, I’m miserable right now! 
  • @wintersong I could have written your post. I’ve been having round ligament pain too. I’m assuming that my body is just settling in earlier. I’ve been super irritated easily, too. I started crying in frustration at bedtime last night when DD just refused to be still long enough for me to change her diaper, which of course made things worse. Not my best parenting moment. Also +1 to secretly wondering/worrying about twins. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just hit 6 weeks. Super nauseous but not throwing up. Weirdly no food cravings or aversions, just generally not hungry. 
  • Tired and irritable (mosly with my cats).  One has become such a beggar lately and will follow me around the house whining for wet food when she has a full bowl of dry.  Its so annoying. I'm still doing ok on the nausea side of things *knock on wood.  I need to get my butt up and start moving around, but I have zero energy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Did you go to your OB or your primary? Sometimes OBs will be more willing to prescribe antibiotics than regular doctors. (Example: my OB was like "sure you can take amoxicillin after your wisdom tooth extraction and you can get an xray as long as you wear an apron" and my oral surgeon was like "We won't do an xray until you are in your second trimester and I won't prescribe any antibiotics to pregnant ladies." 

As long as your fever is under control I wouldn't worry about baby, but bronchitis is no joke and you want to get better!
    Agreed!!

Add me to the list of people with nausea. I forgot how horrible this was lol. I’m taking b6 and unisom but it doesn’t seem to be having the same effect as last time. Although I haven’t vomited yet so I guess that’s a win?
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @manillabar B6 and Unisom gives me some relief but I’m still pretty miserable too 😩 Not vomiting though so I can’t justify taking anything else for it
  • +1 on the RLP. Almost every darn time I get up off the couch or out of bed and don't think first to do it slowly. Scared though because my nausea has actually lessened. Still can't eat much for all the bloat tho. Is it weird to be getting all moody and depressed because I feel like I have less symptoms at almost 8 weeks as opposed to 6? I feel like I should be thrilled but I just feel so awfully blah.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • So crazy so many people have it so early this time! Is it a stm+ thing? I don't remember this until I was end of first tri with my first two. (Why can't it be EASIER to stretch out the third time?) Though seeing that makes my irrational twin fears go away a bit. 

As I feel like a fist is pushing steadily on the front of my pelvis from the inside. Not painful. But not comfortable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ooh ooh mild nausea started today, 6 weeks exactly. I’m actually excited about this, because the lack of symptoms was freaking me out. (Don’t worry, my sanity will kick in soon and I’ll remember that nausea is the worst.)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ooh ooh mild nausea started today, 6 weeks exactly. I’m actually excited about this, because the lack of symptoms was freaking me out. (Don’t worry, my sanity will kick in soon and I’ll remember that nausea is the worst.)
    I was the same way. At first I was like “ok, this is reassuring” and the by the end of the day I remembered how much it sucks lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Finally getting zofran settled in my system and not vomiting everyday!! Lost almost 10 lbs in a week. Kinda crampy here and there but main symptom now is boobs!! I feel like my milk has came in and I’m engorged  🤣🤣 lol I know I’m not but that’s what it feels like!! 
  • Joining the nausea train. Last week it was pretty bad and I started taking unisom + b6 on Sunday night so this week was a lot better, but still in the back of my throat from time to time. It's the worst around 5/6 pm - when the exhaustion also kicks in. I can barely keep my eyes open. Then around 7 I perk up and then I can't fall asleep (until the unisom kicks in). Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.
  • Another +1 for the RLP. I had it very early on with DS1, too, and people told me I must have been mistaken, but it's a pretty specific feeling. It's started again this time at 6 weeks. The good news is, you get used to it and start to adjust your movements. After I had DS 1 it took me several months to start standing up normally again because I had mastered the slower, more careful move to get off the couch, out of the car, and so on. 

I'm also on the nausea train. I haven't actually thrown up but I feel terrible! I described it to DH as having the worst hangover ever and then having to sit in the backseat for a long car ride. All. Day. Long. It's usually better when I'm sitting still or lying down, but since I have a toddler, I don't get to do that much. I feel sorry for my son because I'm sure he's wondering why mama is no fun at all lately. 
  • steministsteminist member
    edited March 2019
    Nausea seems to have hit today. I feel like it's worse that with DS, but I honestly can't remember well enough to compare. I'm also peeing basically every 10 minutes, which I definitely don't remember from the 5w mark last time. Plus, just like so so sweaty and discharge-y. I'm just so damn pleasant right now. :lol:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Nausea and food aversions started today.  Last pregnancy was terrible on the nausea front and I was a zombie for a good portion of the 40 weeks so I am praying it’s not like that this time.

Also, thought I was crazy but I see other STM+ are having pressure symptoms.  It’s weird.
  • Yea, the RLP is real. I swear it starts earlier with each subsequent pregnancy. DH tells at me for not covering when I sneeze but he doesn't understand how badly it hurts if I'm not holding my pelvic area "still". And thanks to pregnancy rhinitis, I'm sneezing ALOT. It's also causing some lovely post nasal drip which gagged me into dry heaves this morning. While outside walking the dog. Its was a lovely start to my morning.
  • Ohhhh is RLP what that is?! I've been having a quick, sharp pain when I sneeze (only if I'm sitting/lying in certain positions). I had no clue what it was. I'm a FTM mom though, so it seems early for RLP!
  • Does RLP feel like your lower abdomen is going to split apart from standing up too quick? Because +1 for RLP if so... 😭
  • This pregnancy, my stomach has just been upset regularly. TMI, but diarrhea has been bad; all my foods just upset my stomach unless they are carbs . Today is my first real day of morning sickness. Bad timing because of work. Can't tell if I have a GI bug going on because I just feel lousy, too, but my temperature has been fine the past couple days. 

• Cervical mucus. A lot. I don’t remember this with my previous pregnancies
  • @sorarose You're not alone on the diarrhea. I know it's not supposed to be a pregnancy symptom, but it's been a regular part of mine so far! It's so frustrating. 
  • @Snaps816 Actually, it can be because of diet and hormonal changes. Just not a very fun one.

• Nausea + bloating is a really awesome combo. I want to eat all the time to curb the nausea, but I don’t want to eat at all because the bloating is so uncomfortable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm on my way out for unisom and b6 today. The nausea is from the second I wake up until I go to sleep and I can't be living like this. 
  • @sorarose I could have written your post.  This is my 4th pregnancy and I’ve never felt so “yuck” during the first tri.  When it came on I spent a week checking temps thinking I was coming down with something.  
  • @KaitlinS11 This is my 3rd, and my body doesn't want me to stand up without feeling disgusting. Today was supposed to be a long day at work, but taking some time at home this morning because I clearly need to rest. Feeling very nervous this is going to be my reality for the next several months.

• @KaitlinS11 and @sorarose Same boat. This is my third and feeling completely awful and non functional in the first tri is uncharted territory for me. I am nervous about what this means for the next few months as well. 
  • @LMMama @KaitlinS11 @sorarose same here. I've been pregnant once before (but ended in mmc) and while I had morning sickness it was bearable. This time I'm nauseous 24/7, I am never hungry,  I can barely move off the couch except when I get up to dry heave several times a day. At work today and wondering how I'm going to do this for the next few months.
  • Trying not to freak out and worry.  Last week, I had my betas done at 6w6d bc of my lack of strong symptoms, specifically zero nausea.  One of the symptoms I DID have was a decrease in my milk supply almost immediately, along with sore nipples.  My hcg levels came back at 39k, which are obviously great.  Well this morning, I go to do my normal pump session and my supply has doubled. I also notice my nips didnt feel very sore. So, of course, now i'm worried.  I did get pretty sick right around the time I found out I was pg too with some sinus crap. The supply dip may have been from that and is just now coming back? But it doesnt explain the lack of sore nips now. I have my first US on Thursday.  Trying to stay calm until then.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so tired!  All the time, but that's normal for me.  Its been the same with each of my pregnancies.  I've also been super cranky with my kids (mostly the 4 yo because he takes FOREVER to get ready in the morning).  I had strep last month, and just stopped taking the amoxocilian.  I broke out in hives last week and they haven't gone away.  I thought they were because of the strep meds, but I haven't taken those since Friday.  Any chance they are from the prenatal vitamins?  I haven't changed my routine at all otherwise.  The hives are accompanied by swelling in my hands and feet.  I made a doctors appt for tomorrow, but when I went to tell my school principal I would be out for half a day I went all hormonal and started crying.  He probably thinks I'm nuts. 
  • @scuba_chic I'm sure that everything is just fine. I always chant to myself everyday "symptoms come and go" because of how light my nausea/sore boob period symptoms are. Good thing you got a beta appt in, try to have reassurance in it. My first appointment is tomorrow and I can't wait for the confirmation
  • greenbean-2greenbean-2 member
    edited March 2019
    @scuba_chic Deep breath mama :) When I was pumping my supply varied all the time for non-hormone related reasons - how much water I had been drinking, how much baby had been nursing. Being sick can definitely affect your supply. It’s also possible that your baby is nursing more/longer because of your supply drop, and that made your supply increase. Bottom line: there are so many explanations for this - don’t jump to the worst one (easier said than done, I know!)

ETA: I’ve also been through periods of time pre-pregnancy when my nipples were very sore when nursing and periods of time when they weren’t. It had to do with DD varying her latch/nursing more/biting rather than hormones.  Again, lots of possible explanations!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • egb428egb428 member
    edited March 2019
    Nausea, which realllly ramped up today (6+2), exhausted, boobs hurt and are heavy, gas, peeing a lot although it seems to come and go, one day it's incessant and the next it's back to normal pre-pregnancy. assuming that's normal? third beta came back good and I have US scheduled for Friday...according to LMP I'll be 6+6 so I'm hoping it's enough to see a heartbeat. PGAL is hard. 

oh, also, I've been itchy! All over my back, head, shoulders...so weird. I asked the nurse when she took my last beta and she had me switch to Aveeno lotion and body wash which has helped a ton. Hoping it's nothing with my liver. Or that I don't get PUPPP again! 
    2/22/13 - BFP #1, EDD 10/18/13
    10/17/13 - DS (w/ ex)
    6/2/18 - Married DH
    8/25/18 - BFP #2
    9/2/18 - MC at 6w
    2/25/19 - BFP #3 (LMP 1/19, EDD 10/26)
    2/25 Beta #1 3300; 2/27 Beta #2 6700; 3/1 Beta #3 12,100
    <3  Please stick little rainbow baby! <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @marbellie @greenbean-2 Thank you for the positive encouragement.  Pregnancy is so stressful and I know we all worry.  Hoping Thursday comes fast and I can relax some.  @marbellie Good luck tomorrow!
    Pregnancy Ticker