July 2019 Moms

Re: FFFC - 3/1

• Options
    @foodislove I felt that way with my youngest son. I was disappointed a little right up until he was born. It happens and you will be an awesome boy mom.

My FFFC is I'm really heartbroken that I will never get a baby shower. Not even for the gifts, though it would be cool to not have to buy some of the big stuff, but because it feels like no one is really going to celebrate my little mouse outside our immediate family. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy I'm so sorry about the lack of a baby shower and feeling like you don't get to share your joy outside of home. xoxoxo

@nopegoat @ameliabedelia-2 Thanks for the commiseration. <3 
  • Options
    my next FFFC I am so done with work. I just want to sit at my desk and crochet as my students eat waffles - I do Waffle Friday with the the first Friday of the month. We have been pushing for the end of the marking period stuff and I am wore out. 
  • Options
    I lay on the couch with my feet on my husbands lap in hopes he will rub them. It works like a charm. 
  • Options
    I lay on the couch with my feet on my husbands lap in hopes he will rub them. It works like a charm. 
  • Options
    I am really worried that my MIL is going to over feed our baby as she helps us care for the LO. 

She and her sisters love cooking and feeding people, which is awesome, but they are always pushing people to eat another helping. DH and every one of his cousins were overweight as children. 

Obesity and diabetes are problems for both of our families, so I don't think my concerns are completely unfounded. I do not want the LO to be body conscious; I'm just hoping to encourage a healthy relationship with food. 
  • Options
    My FFFC is a day late this week. It hasn’t been frequent, but I feel like I’ve lost my shit a little too often with my 2 yo son lately. I struggle with bipolar disorder, it’s not super severe and I can manage it without medication, but it takes a lot of patience and work. With the added pregnancy hormones, I’ve had a much harder time handling it on my own. Especially when I’m home with DS all day and I’m exhausted by the end of it. It’s really unfair to him for me to get irrationally angry about small things, and I immediately feel guilty about it after it happens. I try to remind myself that raising toddlers (especially the 2’s) are challenging and everyone runs out of patience now and again, but it’s hard not to beat myself up about it and feel like I’m creating bad memories for him. 
    Feeling a lot of mom guilt over here but it feels good to at least admit it 😔

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Options
    @mamahmh2 You're right, toddlers are hard, don't blame yourself. Every day is a new day and you can start afresh in whatever way that you have the energy for <3 
  • Options
    @mamahmh2, I won’t pretend to know what it’s like to live with bipolar disorder and all those challenges. But I do know my patience is slim with my 4 yo and I get the same guilt. I make sure to tell mh that I’m in one of my moments and need help. When he’s home, ask him for some help and space! 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe @Happyin14 thank you both for your words of encouragement and advice 💕

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Options
    I’ll probably get flamed hard for this but here goes: I’m deathly afraid of getting more stretch marks. I only got them with DD on my sides last pregnancy because I wasn’t putting the oil on them, only on my belly. So I’ve been over-sensitive about putting the oil everywhere (belly, boobs, sides, butt...) I know they’re “tiger stripes” and we should be proud of them, but I’ve always had a bad body image and I’m not sure if I can handle anymore of them. 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 I hate them too. I didn’t get any until the very end of my pregnancy with DS and then they spiderwebbed up from the bottom of my bump. I’m hoping it won’t be as bad this time if I watch my gain but I’m prepared for the worst. 
  • Options
    @mamahmh2 hang in there! I think the best thing is that you are aware of it, you’re doing the best you can in the moment. Don’t beat yourself up. 

@jenniferjoy37 im a FTM and I’m also afraid of getting stretch marks. I know I can’t really prevent them other than watching my weight gain but I put on so much lotion each day on my bump, hips and boobs. I know my husband will love my body no matter what, but I’m not so sure I will. (He has some stretch marks and I could care less about them) 
  • Options
    Bear14+Bear14+ member
    edited March 2019
    I have always done some oil on my belly before I go to bed. This go around, I have been using this body butter bar from Lush that I love...

https://www.popsugar.com/beauty/Lush-Therapy-Massage-Bar-44758096
  • Options
    I thought this confession is better here than the food thread... I still eat sandwiches... not from anywhere... but if I feel like a Publix sub, I'm going to get one! I think my chances of getting listeria are higher from produce... But they  can't tell pregnant women they can't eat anything 
  • Options
    @Bear14+ I still eat runny egg yolks and dgaf. 
  • Options
    Drank a beer last week; zero fucks given
  • Options
    @Cbeanz, cheers to that woman. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    My late to the party FFFC... 
    i was a little happy to go to the ER yesterday because it meant I could skip the niece’s 3 y.o. Birthday party. I did NOT want to go. I don’t really know the child. It’s my husband’s brother’s kid. I saw her a bit as a newborn, but the mom is a biotch. So we never see them.  Bro and her just split up around Christmas and bro had a new GF in the matter of 2 weeks. And she was going to be there and I was so not interested in meeting her. 
    Thank goodness for my iron clad excuse. Plus, the kids are CHAOS. The bro and in-laws just let them go nuts and their solution to tantrums is to give them what they want instead of manage the tantrum. My hubs went and I’m sure will be sicker than sick (he already didn’t feel well). And he said the 1y.o. Nephew was breaking everything at the in-laws. Muahaha. 
  • Options
    Ha. I had a small glass of wine last week. But for some reason can’t do deli meat. It’s like that dumb thing ingrained in your brain.