Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Crying after bath

My 11 week old loves bath time and then screams bloody murder and cries right after she’s out as we are drying her off.  She exhausts herself after about 15 minutes and stops.  What is upsetting her so much after she enjoys a nice relaxing bath ?? 

Re: Crying after bath

• She could be cold. Maybe toss her towel and pj's in the dryer for a few minutes before you pull her out.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • This is what my girl does too... I always thought they get hungry and sleepy after the vath and being impatient little people, they fuss.
  • Loading the player...
  • Omg! My 9 week old does too.  She loves bath time but screams when I try to dry, moisturize, or dress her. She doesn't stop crying until she's dressed and I'm rocking her in my arms with a pacifier in her mouth. And then she sleeps right away. I think maybe bath time makes them sleepy but they don't know how to put themselves to sleep yet. Hopefully bath time gets better when they're older. 
  • My doula suggested doing a swaddle bath, which has helped keep my LO warm during baths. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaTz2q0dYws