Infertility
Options

Intro: Back again after 7yrs! New Invocell Cycle Feb 2019.

Hello ladies it's so very emotional being back here after my last IVF journey 7yrs ago! A little background since that cycle: I wound up becoming a surrogate and had 2 healthy girls, got divorced, went to nursing school, got remarried and now here I am in the midst of my 1st Invocell cycle (so nervous). 

I know Invocell is super new but is anyone else trying using this method over IVF?

I am 3dpt and starting to remember what an nervous wreck I was all those yrs ago after my last IVF cycle and decided I needed to come back to the forum. Good luck to all of you ladies and I hope to be making some new long time friends again with my fellow Feb transfers :) 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro: Back again after 7yrs! New Invocell Cycle Feb 2019.

• Options
    Tulips29Tulips29 member
    edited February 2019
    @Robinsegg23 What a rollercoaster ride you're been on! I have never heard of invocell but am now curious and will read up on this. Mind sharing what it is and how your experience with it was? How is it different than a traditional IVF cycle?
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    Invocell is an alternative to IVF. The main differences is that you take lower doses of medications (so you produce fewer eggs), you incubate the embryos in your body instead of a lab, and the cost if less (5k instead of 10k in doctor's fees). We are currently 7dp5dt and I'm honestly a hot mess of regret because we harvested only 4 eggs (normal for invocell) whereas when I did IVF I had 13 eggs harvested, and only 2 embies kept growing after day 3 so we had none to freeze :_(. If this cycle fails (which I feel like it is because I've been POS since day 1 just to check if the trigger shot cleared) we will do traditional IVF instead. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sry for the late reply I'm a night shifter and it takes me a few days to come back to the rest of the world after my shifts ;)
  • Options
    *****Ticker Warning*****
    I did INVOcell IVF. Happy to discuss my experience with anyone if they'd like to PM me. Overall it was very positive. My RE was heavy-handed on the stimming so I had 17 eggs retrieved. Two of them made it to 5-day, 4AA blasts. One grew a bit more on the 6th day and is frozen (4BB). I transferred both blasts at the recommendation of my doctor. We also did ICSI vs. putting the sperm and eggs together in the device. That yields better results in the end, from my understanding!