October 2019 Moms

February STM & STM+ Check-In

13»

Re: February STM & STM+ Check-In

• Due Date/W+D: Oct 13

Other kiddos/ages: 6yo (will be 7 when baby is born) and 5yo

Nails/Fails: Huh?

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? A lot of third time moms on this board- I am basically freaking out. It took us a long time to get pregnant and I am worried about the age difference and messing up a pretty great family dynamic we have now and just being old when I have this next one!

Appointments? Had my first ultrasound today and all was perfect. Next appointment is March 6.

Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? Snuggles. Hands down. Love me some snuggling time.
  • Loading the player...

• Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? A lot of third time moms on this board- I am basically freaking out. It took us a long time to get pregnant and I am worried about the age difference and messing up a pretty great family dynamic we have now and just being old when I have this next one!
    I think you'll never regret another kid! My kids are a little closer in age than yours, but I have a good friend who was worried about this exact concern when she was debating having a third or not. Her two bigs were 4 and 6 when #3 was born last fall, but they've created a new dynamic now and the bigs looooove the baby, who is surprisingly adaptable--has to be!  ...I fear the being old thing too when this next one is born. I'll be 38 by the time he/she arrives and I definitely feel older pregnant now than I did when I was pregnant the first time at 33. It's only been four years, how has my body changed that much?!?!?
  • @bbbbcccceeee MH and I have custody of our Niece. She was a few months shy of 7 when DS was born. I mean, there is disconnect between them now that she's 10 😯 (he's 3.5) but they are pretty attached still.
  • Questions? Anyone else just know before they turned a test? 
    @sorarose I definitely knew. At one point in the first part of the two week wait I had some wine (please don't judge -- I knew it could take months to conceive and I didn't want to give up everything while we tried) and I had a crazy, disproportionately bad hangover. I think that was my body sending me a message. Then the next few days I started having the strong sense of smell, nausea, fatigue, etc. and I knew. We were going for a walk to the park with DS and I was just like, "I definitely feel pregnant." That was a few days before even the most sensitive tests would have given me a result. 
  • junebabyh said:

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? A lot of third time moms on this board- I am basically freaking out. It took us a long time to get pregnant and I am worried about the age difference and messing up a pretty great family dynamic we have now and just being old when I have this next one!
    I think you'll never regret another kid! My kids are a little closer in age than yours, but I have a good friend who was worried about this exact concern when she was debating having a third or not. Her two bigs were 4 and 6 when #3 was born last fall, but they've created a new dynamic now and the bigs looooove the baby, who is surprisingly adaptable--has to be!  ...I fear the being old thing too when this next one is born. I'll be 38 by the time he/she arrives and I definitely feel older pregnant now than I did when I was pregnant the first time at 33. It's only been four years, how has my body changed that much?!?!?
    Oh yes. I'll be 38 as well when this one gets born and the nausea and general listlessness this time around is so much worse than at 31-32 (with DD1) and 34-35 (with DD2). Urghhh
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Snaps816 said:
    Questions? Anyone else just know before they turned a test? 
    @sorarose I definitely knew. At one point in the first part of the two week wait I had some wine (please don't judge -- I knew it could take months to conceive and I didn't want to give up everything while we tried) and I had a crazy, disproportionately bad hangover. I think that was my body sending me a message. Then the next few days I started having the strong sense of smell, nausea, fatigue, etc. and I knew. We were going for a walk to the park with DS and I was just like, "I definitely feel pregnant." That was a few days before even the most sensitive tests would have given me a result. 
    You’ll get no judgment from me. I’m a “drink until it’s pink” person. Also, baby doesn’t start to share your blood until 6w from a scientific standpoint. 

BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • LMMamaLMMama member
    edited February 2019
    @snaps816 I had the same thing happen. I had a terrible drinking experience/hangover a few days before I tested positive. It was not normal for me and I was betting I was pregnant. 

Like @cmbt2 I'm also pro drink until it's pink. I'm giving up alcohol for the next 9 months (most of the time.) I'm gonna enjoy it until I know for sure. 
  • junebabyh said:

@junebabyh Thanks for this! It is good to hear about others with similar age differences and liking it.  We wanted this third - we tried for years, but the "plan" was for them to be much closer. Now that it actually worked and we are pregnant, I am so concerned it is just too far apart.  And yes, especially since I have not been pregnant in over 5 years, it feels so so long ago now! And I am guessing the baby coming is not going to give us more energy lol!   
  • @bbbbcccceeee MH and I have custody of our Niece. She was a few months shy of 7 when DS was born. I mean, there is disconnect between them now that she's 10 😯 (he's 3.5) but they are pretty attached still.
    @prpl11butterfly Yes actually this is what I am concerned about - right now my 7yo is more of the immature type and seems little to me still, but I think about exactly that, this kid being 3 and he being 10, 5 and 12, 7 and 14.  For some reason 5 and 12 seems further apart than newborn and 7 hahahaha. Glad to hear it is still nice and they get along though, and understandable some disconnect has to happen I guess esp as she enters into teenage years.
  • @prpl11butterfly and @bbbbcccceeee I've had this concern too. My oldest will be 7 1/2. when this one is born. Even when my DS was born, she was 5 and I felt like that was a lot. However, they are close. They play together and she's often a big help in taking care of him. That's a huge perk of having a bigger age gap. I can say "go grab me a diaper " or "sit with him while I shower" and she does it, and it works out! I def expect the gap in the later years. But, I'm 3 years older than my brother and he's 2 years old than my sister, and we still had disconnects in preteen-teen years. I think it just depends on the kids, and not necessarily age. 
  • @bbbbcccceeee and @LMMama Also, for what's worth, my husband is 7.5 years older than his littlest sister. (He's the oldest of four.) And they are very close now! They do talk about how she was so young when he was in high school and when he left for college, but it hasn't seemed to matter as they've become adults. He definitely has a protective feeling toward her, more so than the others who are closer in age to him. But they are super close and talk every few days now.
  • @junebabyh Similarly my husband is very close in age with his two sisters. But he's closest with his brothers who are 7 and 12 (!) years younger. I know it will be totally fine. Don't even know where the worries really come from!
  • Due Date/W+D: 10/28...5+1

Other kiddos/ages: 5.5 and 2.5

Nails/Fails: Failed by telling DS early

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? DH is in a bowling league and takes DS with him. DS told (step)cousin and she confirmed it with SIL (stepmom) and by the end of the night practically everyone in the league knows.

Appointments? Intake appt 3/7, ultrasound 3/22, and first midwife appt 4/1

Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? Watching DS and DD interact.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19