Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday 2/25

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Monday 2/25

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 3DPO

Timing: -2, -1, O

Typical LP length: 10-11 days 

Testing: I'm really going to try and be strong and not test early and just wait for AF 

R/R: We had a really crazy winter storm over the weekend, especially yesterday with high winds. I am so happy we didn't lose power! 

CS/Q: Nope
  • Loading the player...
  • Good morning! 
    @inthewoods23 I don’t think you have to get her a gift. I sometimes do and sometimes don’t when I can’t attend baby showers. But if you’re family... i feel like i would be ok not to 🤷🏻‍♀️

@Spartanrd4 glad you didn’t lose power!

month/cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 23/8

Timing: very good

Testing: Maybe Wednesday

R/R: I have a haircut tonight which makes me happy 😃 I had the best weekend of doing nothing. Pure bliss.

CS/Q: nope
  • @b_1029 try some Ex-lax?

@Spartanrd4 we had gusty winds too here. Glad I had no reason to go outside!

@mvc003 I'm also a bit salty about this cousin's PG because they basically blinked at each other and got KU. So that's like, half the reason I don't wanna gift her with anything. Not very nice of me, but I think I have enough personal things going on to warrant not gifting. And while all our IF expenses are being covered by the money we have in our HSA, I'm still like no, don't want to spend money on that. Glad you enjoyed a weekend of nothing!

@misshelen86 I feel like the perfect charts are never the KU charts. Mine looked so good last month, but that was probably because it was medicated and the progesterone made it look amazing.

@b_1029 I made DH take the vitamins we had stocked up that I had bought him but he wouldn't really take last year. I wanted it used up. What's interesting is the concentration of million/mL was the lowest of the 3 IUIs at only 59mil (vs 70 and 75) but post-wash the concentration was 35mil/mL and the first 2 we had less than 10mil/mL. It's weird. DH had asked about the process and he said that they only take a portion of his sample for the IUI. I'm like no... Pretty sure ALL of it goes through the wash so that portion they mentioned is what is left that's still good. Either way, super happy about it.

Funny story from me researching this stuff. Maybe a little TMI... One of the websites I was reading had the ranges for what's considered normal, like motility %, count, etc. One of them was volume and apparently the normal ejaculate volume is anywhere from 1.5-15mL. I'm like, who the F enjaculates THAT much?? 15mL is not a little something lol.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 it makes me nervous to take something when we’re out walking around all day 😬😬 I guess I’m just whining but not doing anything about it, haha. 
    I’m glad the vitamins seemed to help! Your research is very interesting- and yea, can you imagine 15mL? Goodness... 
  • @b_1029 I’m just getting a trim...and some new layers. After keeping my hair in a lob for years, I now want some longgg hair...like down to my elbows 🙃

@inthewoods23 yeah that would be me all sorts of salty too. You got your own stuff going on. Def don’t need to spend your cash getting someone a gift when you don’t feel like it 👊🏼

• @inthewoods23 I don’t think you need to send a gift. Maybe send a sweet card if you want to do something?

@Spartanrd4 we had that crazy wind, too. Our snow drifts are nearly my height now. I’m short but still! 

@misshelen86 sorry for the BFN. Hope there’s something special you can do to take care of yourself today. And if you’re able, be proud of the pretty chart. You’re doing good, hard things even if you haven’t benefitted from that effort yet in the way you like. 

/Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 25/6

Timing: Solid, -4, -3, -2, O

Typical LP length: 10-12

Testing: nope, gonna try to WFAF

R/R: I haven’t been keeping up with my blog over the last year very well but I posted twice yesterday. Felt good to write again and I’m hoping that encourages me to make it more of a habit. 

CS/Q: not really
  • @rachelredhead I feel like writing things out is really helpful- I used to have a online journal in college, sometimes I think I want to start doing that again! 

@inthewoods23 I don't blame you for not wanting to go to the shower or buying a gift. You would think your famil would understand your feelings!! 

@b_1029 Yes going on vacation can totally do a number on your insides with different schedule, random kinds of food- going out all the time. Hope it gets better! 

@mvc003 I'm getting my hair done on Thursday, its the best. 

@misshelen86 We actually didn't get much snow- it was a lot of drifting snow, I think the wind helped it to not accumulate too much thankfully. 
  • @Spartanrd4 I doubt my family does. I think they are aware we have been trying for some time *TW* considering my dad made the comment that he thought we would get pregnant first when my sister announced her pregnancy back in July *end TW*, but I have not mentioned to any family that we started seeing an RE and have been doing IUIs.

I hate being checked on or asked how I'm doing all the time. It just brings me back to thinking about the trouble we're having. Even though we're an unexplained case, I think the largest difficulty we have lies with DH and I don't want to talk about DH like that to my family. His parents took 4 years to have him and went through IUI for his sister so I always thought we could have trouble and unfortunately I was right.

I follow the philosophy that TTC right now is a journey for DH and I only so I've chosen to not talk to anyone about it. Except for my 1 friend who asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. She kinda needs to know sooner than later! 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I totally understand you wanting to keep things between you and YH. It's hard to feel like you are under a microscope! A co-worker of mine had IF and did IVF and it must of been hard for everyone to know all her business. 
  • *note: I am in a same sex relationship; my wife will carry.

Month/Cycle: this was our 5th IUI 

CD/DPO: cd 15 / 2 dpiui

Timing: We think it was good? IUIs 1-3 we used opks that never worked well for us; IUI 4 we used a trigger shot and had planned to do the same for this cycle, but we picked up LH surge at cd12 monitoring appointment (earlier than usual) so we couldn't/didn't need to use the shot. Bc we've never been able to pick up a surge in the morning, we always thought the timing of our IUIs may have been off. So we're thinking maybe this one was better timed.

Typical LP length: 13 to 15 days

Testing: not sure yet - trying not to psych ourselves out but I know we will test before our scheduled blood test on 16 dpiui

R/R: I think we've done pretty well so far this cycle to reduce stress around TTC especially. We took last cycle off because our frustration (about BFNs, navigating TTC as queer folks, the price of donor sperm, and dissatisfaction with our RE, etc) was really mounting. We were itching to get back into things during the break, but I can already tell it helped our state of mind.

We also had a consultation with another clinic last week and immediately knew we didn't want to switch to their practice. It made us feel better that we aren't missing out on some stellar, responsive, deliberate clinic near us, but the reality is the clinic we're at is very protocol-driven and not set up to fine tune our plan of action. Trying to to balance advocating for ourselves as much as we can without overstepping.

CS/Q: Does anyone know if a natural LH surge will release all mature follicles or just one? We used letrozole this cycle so we ended up with 2 mature follicles, but bc we didn't get to use the trigger shot I'm unsure if both would have released. I'm finding conflicting information in my research so far.
  • @sjmal I would think with a natural LH surge you could have both eggs release at the same, or about the same, time. I mean, that's how fraternal twins happen right? Maybe sometimes multiple release, other times only the most mature does though.

Your wife and I are IUI buddies - I had mine on Saturday too!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause