1st Trimester

Spotting/discharge

Im 6 weeks pregnant. Last week I spotted light pink for about 8 hours. I only noticed when wiping. Doctor contacted me after I was concerned and they said it was normal, and my hcg levels were rising. Well a few days later I started getting kind of itchy skin in the region and a burning sensation that night. It went away the next day with some slight itchiness off and on and this morning I wake up to a little bit of light pink spotting again followed by a light yellow discharge. It’s Saturday so I don’t know if I should wait it out til Monday or go to the ER to make sure all is well? Has anyone had these symptoms and it just be from hormones?

Re: Spotting/discharge

• Im 6 weeks pregnant. Last week I spotted light pink for about 8 hours. I only noticed when wiping. Doctor contacted me after I was concerned and they said it was normal, and my hcg levels were rising. Well a few days later I started getting kind of itchy skin in the region and a burning sensation that night. It went away the next day with some slight itchiness off and on and this morning I wake up to a little bit of light pink spotting again followed by a light yellow discharge. It’s Saturday so I don’t know if I should wait it out til Monday or go to the ER to make sure all is well? Has anyone had these symptoms and it just be from hormones?
    Trust your doctor.  If you are starting to itch call the doctor on Monday and tell them, they should run a culture to see if it's a yeast infection.  They will prescribe appropriate medications.

If it is really concerning you, call the on call doctor from the office and see what they say.

Please do not go to the ER and waste resources unless 1) on call doctor tells you to go. 2) bleeding soaks a pad and heavy.  
  • Thank you. Yes I don’t want to go to the ER for that reason. I’m just super anxious and nervous due to the fact that I had a missed miscarriage last April at 20 weeks. I will wait til Monday unless things change for the worse. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Spotting is completely normal, with my second  pregnancy I actually bled (like a menstrual cycle) for four weeks straight, I was told everyone is different and not to worry (LO is 4 now). As for itching and yellow discharge it could be a sign of a infection or it could just be completely normal discharge. I'd just wait and speak with your doctor again :)