1st Trimester
Options

Avoiding Unsafe Pregnancy Activities and Invitations While Keeping Pregnancy Discreet

We are visiting my brother and sister in law next weekend and they do not know we are pregnant (yet). We are planning on telling them when we see them, but my sister in law is planning ahead and trying to schedule hardcore spin class seats and massages for us. 

How do I discreetly turn her down without giving away that I am pregnant? What has everyone else done in similar situations?

Re: Avoiding Unsafe Pregnancy Activities and Invitations While Keeping Pregnancy Discreet

• Options
    Just say it’s not something you’re interested in. There are probably plenty of other sights and activities you could suggest as an alternative.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Massage is actually okay, but your masseuse needs to know you are pregnant. I would just tell her, as PP said, that you are not interested in spin class.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Myself and my hubby have decided to keep the fact that we are expecting for the third time from everyone, including our parents. Mainly because we had a scare for an ectopic and until we are 100% positive we dont want to get anyone excited. Fast forward to the weekend, the we went to the inlaws for supper on Saturday (yesterday) and they had bought my favorite wine, (I'm never one to turn down a glass of wine, so I had to think fast lol). I told them I had a sinus infection and was on medication so I couldn't drink.. not a permanent solution, but worked for a short visit. Goodluck!