October 2019 Moms

Anyone thinking twins?

hey ladies, new here and have just been looking around for the last couple weeks. I’m 6weeks 1 day pregnant with baby number 5. And have been having the feeling that it might be twins. Kinda hoping it’s all in my head!! My hubby was a twin and I know it is dependent on me and my family history but I can’t shake the feeling. I had a blood test done at 5 weeks 2 days and my beta results were 12,605. Which, from what I’m reading from a lot of other people, is kind of high for 5 weeks. But is normal for twins. Again, could be in my head. 

Is is there anyone else who either knows they’re having twins or suspects they might be pregnant with twins?! Any mommas who have had twins before and remember what their hcg levels were at around 5 weeks? 

Re: Anyone thinking twins?

• hey ladies, new here and have just been looking around for the last couple weeks. I’m 6weeks 1 day pregnant with baby number 5. And have been having the feeling that it might be twins. Kinda hoping it’s all in my head!! My hubby was a twin and I know it is dependent on me and my family history but I can’t shake the feeling. I had a blood test done at 5 weeks 2 days and my beta results were 12,605. Which, from what I’m reading from a lot of other people, is kind of high for 5 weeks. But is normal for twins. Again, could be in my head. 

Is is there anyone else who either knows they’re having twins or suspects they might be pregnant with twins?! Any mommas who have had twins before and remember what their hcg levels were at around 5 weeks? 
    If you check the beta thread, you’d find that this isn’t that high and a few of us have them at similar levels. Mine was 6112 at exactly 5w with a less than 48 hour doubling time (which would put it at >12,000 at 5w2d). Definitely only one in there. Some people are just high beta producers. 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • cmbt2 said:
    hey ladies, new here and have just been looking around for the last couple weeks. I’m 6weeks 1 day pregnant with baby number 5. And have been having the feeling that it might be twins. Kinda hoping it’s all in my head!! My hubby was a twin and I know it is dependent on me and my family history but I can’t shake the feeling. I had a blood test done at 5 weeks 2 days and my beta results were 12,605. Which, from what I’m reading from a lot of other people, is kind of high for 5 weeks. But is normal for twins. Again, could be in my head. 

If you check the beta thread, you’d find that this isn’t that high and a few of us have them at similar levels. Mine was 6112 at exactly 5w with a less than 48 hour doubling time (which would put it at >12,000 at 5w2d). Definitely only one in there. Some people are just high beta producers. 
    STUCK in the box!!!

Also, beta numbers show no indication of multiples. The only thing you need to know about them is that they double every 24-48 hours. I've learned a lot about things like this in surrogacy groups because Betas are a very important part of the process. There are single pregnancies that have high numbers and multiple pregnancies that have low. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My third beta came back at over 17,000 today at 5 weeks. I think I’m just a high producer. 
  • Would make Halloween 2019 the scariest ever in my house!

• If my doubling time (28 hours) held up from 4w1d to 4w3d, I would have been at 18,657+ at 5w2d. Just had my first ultrasound yesterday, and the doctor only saw one baby. I think some women and some pregnancies are just high producers like everyone said. @worleywifey91 check out beta base though! You can compare your betas to single pregnancies and twin pregnancies based on how far along you are. I had a fun time imagining I was having twins looking at their charts :smiley:
  • sorarose said:
    Would make Halloween 2019 the scariest ever in my house!
    Agreed! Twins are a scary concept to me!
    BabyFruit Ticker