June 2019 Moms

Baby Sprinkle

A couple friends asked to throw a Sprinkle for us (we have two boys and found out we’re having a girl). This is so sweet and makes me feel very special! I don’t know who to invite or how others feel about ‘sprinkles’. At first we planned to have our small group of dinner club girls, but she’s asked two times if I want to invite other friends and family. I want it to be easy on her... thoughts? Tia

Re: Baby Sprinkle

• edited February 2019
    @cmost227316 FTM, but I recently had a friend throw us a gender reveal party and felt the same way. I was a little hesitant at first because I know some people think gender reveal parties are dumb, and I didn't want to ask too much of her.

But like your friend, she kept asking and asking, so I thought, "screw it, let's have a party!" Once I came to terms that the people *want* to be there, and my friend *wants* to throw this party I wasn't hesitant anymore. And guess what - we had a great time!

If your friend keeps asking my guess is that she wants to make sure you have a special day. I say hand over the reigns and enjoy yourself. A baby is a great excuse to get people together for good food and good company!
  • cmost227316cmost227316 member
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for your post!!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm late to answer but I say if you have friends that want to throw you one, let them! They just want to celebrate with you. I know people who have had full on showers for their 3rd and 4th baby and everyone still comes. I get you on not knowing who to invite. My mom wants to do something but I don't want to do a big shower again and have other people feel obligated. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker