Baby Names

Third girl name!

Hello! Just found out we’re having baby girl number 3, and don’t know where to start with names. Feels wrong to go to the discarded names from the first two, but am having trouble coming up with any fresh ideas. Older girls are Nora and Rose. We like names that don’t need a nickname and that have an obvious spelling. Some runners-up last time we’re Clare, Lucy, Molly, Vivian and Sophie. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Re: Third girl name!

• Clare and Vivian are great. Lucy and Molly are good. Sophie is way popular. 

Other suggestions:
    Pearl
    Georgia 
    Laurel
    Meredith
    Melanie
    Natalie
    Quinn
  • I like Lucy! 
    I would try to find a short name since you're other girls have short names as well.

Anne
    Molly
    Mary
    Marie
    Louise
    Irene

• Loading the player...
  • I like all the names in your list especially Lucy.

Clara
    Alice
    Elise
    Ivy
    Isla
    Paige
    Eve
    Maeve
    Vera
    Sarah
    Bridget

• <3 Lucy! Claire and Vivian are great as well. I love PPS suggestion of Pearl.

Nora, Rose &
    Grace (love it as a FN!)
    Jane
    Sybil

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks everyone, lots of great suggestions! Especially loving Melanie, Sarah and Maeve. Will run those by my husband for sure! Also love Grace, Alice and Quinn but all are used by close family already. 

Middle name would probably be Dorothy, which is making this even harder. I feel like it doesn’t sound good with a first name that has an y/ie ending. Or am I overthinking it? Appreciate your advice!
  • I agree middle name Dorothy doesn’t flow great with a first name ending in y/ie but I wouldn’t let that be a dealbreaker especially if Dorothy is a family name and if you fall in love with a first name with the y/ie ending.  Most people don’t say the first and middle together all the time.

Adding-

Hazel
    Anna
    Chloe
    Erin
    Eliza
    Hannah
    Melody
    Elodie
    Ellen
    Helen
    Amy

• Thanks everyone, lots of great suggestions! Especially loving Melanie, Sarah and Maeve. Will run those by my husband for sure! Also love Grace, Alice and Quinn but all are used by close family already. 

Middle name would probably be Dorothy, which is making this even harder. I feel like it doesn’t sound good with a first name that has an y/ie ending. Or am I overthinking it? Appreciate your advice!
    Agreed that it doesn’t have the best flow.
    Is Dorothy an option for a first name? I’m ready for its comeback 😄 Dot/Dottie is a super cute nickname!

I love the flow and sound of Maeve Dorothy.

How about
    Fiona Dorothy
    Louisa Dorothy
    Eloise Dorothy
    Camilla Dorothy
    Nova Dorothy 
    Juniper Dorothy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My top picks were Vera, Eve, Vivian, and Hazel. DH vetoed them all:(
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • I think Eloise goes beautifully with MN of Dorothy.
  • I LOVE Maeve and Eloise, especially with MN Dorothy! Love Louisa too but my husband was a hard no. 

If I used Dorothy as a first name (which I would like to do), can I use Thea as a NN? Or is that too much of a stretch? Not a huge fan of Dot/Dottie at the moment, and Dora is out because my oldest is Nora - way too rhyme-y. Dorothea, while beautiful,  is just too elaborate for my taste.