TTC after 35

TTCA35 WEEKLY CHECK IN 2/17/19

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  Did you do anything special for valentines?

Re: TTCA35 WEEKLY CHECK IN 2/17/19

• Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW/WTO tested and BFN but AF should have arrived yesterday but still waiting 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD28

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): prenatals, DHEA and coq10 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions for the group:

GTKY: nothing much just cards.  We have never made a big deal out of valentines  
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Met with our RE and have begun initial testing to prep for IVF in the coming months.  If blood work, etc comes back ok we're looking at an end of April ER and mid June FET.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Had AMH, infectious disease, and genetic carrier blood work drawn.  Will do CD 3 blood work and SHG in the next few weeks and DH will have SA.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  Did you do anything special for valentines? We met with our RE LOL
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Loading the player...
  • @lovemygs exciting FX bloodwork comes back fine and you can get process started 
  • @mack2342 Thank you!  So much has changed since the last time we did this.
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Waiting on AF so I can start BCP for my FET process. My RE does a six week medicated cycle, so if all goes well we are tentative for an April transfer.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Waiting...plus Vit D & B12, prenatal and acupuncture

Rants/Raves: 

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  Did you do anything special for valentines? We are also not really into valentines, plus our anniversary is on Feb 2nd anyway. This year I was traveling for work, so I ended up a friend's house for dinner that night.

@mack2342 thanks for keeping this board active, I'm really hoping it's your time soon

@lovemygs hope all of your test results come back well so you can get started
  • @Mack2342 Yes, thank you!

@mackorori Thank you!  I had forgotten how awful all of the waiting is.  Best of luck to you starting your FET cycle - very exciting!  I'm curious if you did PGS testing on your embryos?  The last time we did IVF I was 8 years younger, did fresh transfers, and PGS wasn't suggested.  I'm fascinated by the whole process.
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
  • @lovemygs yes, we tested the embryos and I have one normal from two IVF cycles.  * TW* It was an obvious decision for us since at 42 I had two MMC, one known chromosomal and no other fertility issues. We planned to use the embryo last November, but I had a natural PG and another chromosomal loss. Seems like the biggest factor for people using it is age or RPL issues, it varies. I hear the comments about how it's not always accurate (I think because they test only a few cells and what becomes the placental tissue?), but with our history we weren't willing to risk multiple failed FET or losses and after our most recent loss I'm really glad we went this route. I'm sure your RE will go through the options and pros-cons to help you decide what works best for you.  Happy to answer any questions you have.
  • @mackorori We'll definitely be doing it. I'm 39, so I feel like it's the right thing to do at this age. I do have one other question: Did your RE want you to wait a cycle between ER and FET, or could you begin BCP when you got your first period after ER?
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 20/1

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): DTD, prenatals, Ava bracelet, limiting caffeine, pre-seed, SMEP-ish

Rants/Raves: snow day for me as we’re getting 8 inches of snow today, I do appreciate being able to work while wearing sweats on occasion 

Questions for the group: not really, newbie mainly lurking 

GTKY:  Did you do anything special for valentines? DH and I took a mini trip a couple hours north, relaxed, tried out some breweries, and got new tattoos. ❤️
  • @lovemygs we were going to wait a few months for personal reasons, but in talking about next steps with the nurse after ER it seemed like they would let you start BCP with the first period after ER if you wanted to get started, but I don't know for sure.
  • @mackorori Gotcha.  Thanks again for your responses!
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC