October 2019 Moms

February Symptoms??

Re: February Symptoms??

• Holy bloat!  I thought yesterday was bad...nope, today I legit look six months pregnant after lunch!  Like it's not that awkward phase where you look like you could be pregnant but could just be putting on a few.  It's a rounded, cute little bloat bump 😳😬 thank goodness for blazers and flowy tops...

Do any STM+ remember when the bloat goes away?  I know I was bloated last time in the first trimester but can't even guess at when it subsided.  
  • @cmbt2 men have such a way with words 😂 
  • Loading the player...
  • @cmbt2 have you tried magnesium? I take it about an hour before bed and it helps me stay asleep and even fall back to sleep if I am woken (and by if I actually mean when 😑)
    No, I haven’t. I just threw out my mag supplements from last time. I’ll see about giving them a shot
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • I'm not having a ton of symptoms, which of course, has me freaking out. The main symptom right now is heartburn and my hips have already started hurting at night due to relaxin/hormones.  I checked my symptoms from last pregnancy, and at this point was already feeling nauseous.  Hoping no nausea yet only means that its a boy this time.  I also, luckily, can't handle too many sweets.  Last pg, I was all about the sweets and it was bad.  This time, I can only handle a little.  I keep POS and the line is still getting darker.  Last one, I almost freaked out thinking I was having a mc because one line was much darker than the other, until I realized the test line was the one stealing the dye from the control. So, thats positive news.
    Is that a wives' tale about boys = less symptoms? I haven't heard of that one yet. Also on POAS, I under your obsession, I did that too and had a freak out about the "light" test line before I realized it was the control line. I did myself a favor then and stopped testing (especially since it doesn't actually mean anything more now). You should do that too!
  • @marbellie yes, that is an old wives tale. It proved true for me with DS but my mom also never had MS with myself or my brother so I'm banking it's just good genetics for me.
  • I didn't have many symptoms last time and had a girl. This time, not many symptoms either. I was worried I'd get really nauseous because I got a little nauseous for a few days, but it's gone away. Still early, but hopefully won't get it this time. I wonder if same symptoms as last time means same gender?! lol.
  • @prpl11butterfly that's interesting. Now I wonder what my mom's was like between us and my brother...too bad I'm waiting to tell her until after the first appointment. Hopefully I remember!
  • @marbellie omg how do you do it?! My mom might as well have known before the stick was dry lmao. Not really but within the 2 hours that followed. 
  • @prpl11butterfly it's SO hard. I talk to her every other day and I really want to blurt it out, but we're visiting home the week after the first appointment and thought it would be nice to share the news in person for both parent sets. This has been the longest month in life.

It helps though that I have 3 sisters that know so I get to gush to them on the sister chat.
  • I'm envious of those who have shared their news, so I started the announcements thread so I could live vicariously 😂
  • @marbellie yes, that is an old wives tale. It proved true for me with DS but my mom also never had MS with myself or my brother so I'm banking it's just good genetics for me.

aprosch said:
    I didn't have many symptoms last time and had a girl. This time, not many symptoms either. I was worried I'd get really nauseous because I got a little nauseous for a few days, but it's gone away. Still early, but hopefully won't get it this time. I wonder if same symptoms as last time means same gender?! lol.
    lol old wives tale as well. I know multiple someones who’s pregnancies were pretty much the same and got both a boy and a girl 

and I was sick as a dog with both boys
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • edited February 2019
    My family is very close (in all senses... ) so they know about this whole journey.

Edited to make sense....
  • @galentine Yes!!!  I hope that Arby’s was delicious!  
  • I've told my best friend. My DH told his best friend. And I told my DS' sitter just because I talk to her/see her every day. Still waiting on that first appointment that's a  month away to tell anyone else!
  • Vitamin B small Doses three times a Day has almost completely settled my stomach! Give it a try :)
  • cmbt2 said:
    @scuba_chic did you ever get your back adjusted after your first? DS1 knocked one of my hips out of place which led to very early low back/hip pain with DS2. It was pure torture until I went and finally saw a chiropractor (my one hip was over an inch higher than the other)
    I was not faithful like I should have been. Last pregnancy, I went to my original chiro for a long time until I finally got the nerve to quit her and find someone who specialized in pregnant women.  I need to set an appointment to see him as soon as I'm out of first tri.  I had a lot of sciatic pain last time too and want to nip that in the bud asap.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies, I woke up this morning with some pretty moderate cramping. I hadn’t had a BM in a few days so thought that may be why. Then today around 1:00 I started to have some light pink spotting. I called my OB and she said to just rest and take it easy and call back if it worsens. I’ve never had any spotting in my previous pregnancies so of course I am nervous. Has anyone experienced anything like this? 
    Kimberly
    DS #1 11/08/10
    DS #2 due 10/20/16
  • @Cakimmy30 I've had spotting with all my pregnancies, this one included. I've also had diagnosed SCHs with all of the ones prior to current. My first pregnancy was textbook (even with the spotting). 2 unfortunately were losses but the SCH is not believed to be the cause. Spotting in early pregnancy is very common and usually not a cause for concern. Have you had sex recently? Your cervix could be irritated. If you did have a BM and that was the cause of the cramping, it could also have caused an irritated cervix. I know its difficult, but the most you can do right now is drink some water and take if easy. Fx for you that it resolves and is nothing.
  • @prpl11butterfly thank you for responding! We haven’t had sex in the last couple of days. I’m home now, chugging water and laying down. My OB moved my appt up to next Friday as long as everything stabilizes, which is good. I’m praying everything calms itself down. Just in uncharted waters right now 😳
    Kimberly
    DS #1 11/08/10
    DS #2 due 10/20/16
  • @Cakimmy30 I had spotting with my last pregnancy as well, from a little after 4 weeks to almost 10 weeks. Sometimes brown or pink and once red. When I had my US at 8 weeks, the doctor couldn’t find a reason for the bleeding and called it a “threatened miscarriage” but I still carried to full term and have a very happy 20 month old to show for it. There are definitely a lot of things that could irritate your cervix (which is super sensitive now that you are pregnant), including straining for a BM! I know it’s hard, but try to rest and drink lots of water (the answer to every pregnancy ailment lol). We are rooting for your little one! 🤞🏾
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @Cakimmy30 I had spotting a couple of weeks ago that scared me to death. It didn’t last long and was light pink. I was using progesterone suppositories and my dr said they likely irritated my cervix. A week later we saw our bean with a healthy heartbeat. Hang in there and let yourself rest! I know how stressful it is but it can be very common. 
  • Thanks to everyone who responded ❤️

Some TMI/TW info... 

I’m still having some light cramping and the bleeding continues. It’s not a lot, but enough to concern me. I wouldn’t say it’s bright red, but is a dark shade of pink? Idk my whole uterus area is now very tender and sore. I’m going to call my OB in the morning. I’m just resting and praying for the best. 
    Kimberly
    DS #1 11/08/10
    DS #2 due 10/20/16
  • @Cakimmy30 Sending lots of good thoughts your way!  I hope you get in to see your OB tomorrow and everything is okay. 
  • @Cakimmy30, thinking of you and hoping your OB can see you tomorrow ❤
  • @Cakimmy30 Thinking of you. I hope everything is ok. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been SO hungry the last two days.  I’ll finish eating and still be hungry.  
  • emily1052 said:m
    I’m so bloated... like unbutton my pants at work bloated.  Haven’t really had much nausea unless I eat too much or too fast.  Just ridiculously bloated  :s
    Me too. I commented how I felt so crampy and uncomfortable to my H, then went in the bathroom and I could immediately see why. After two pregnancies and diastasis recti my abs don't hold anything in; I looked easily 6 months pregnant. It may be hard to hide an early pregnancy with a basketball shaped bloat like that! Like, if I saw that dramatic of a change in anyone else I would feel safe in assuming pregnancy. 
    I am feeling the same way! Literally by 4pm I look 6 months pregnant.  Last night i was extremely bloated it was painful, like cramps in my upper belly/diaphragm. So uncomfortable. Starting to get the same thing again today ugh. Looks like ill be carrying tums around in my pocket this pregnancy.
  • Hi Ladies... I just wanted to thank everyone for the support the last 24 hours. 

*TW*

I have continued to bleed. I had my hcg checked and it is only at a level 30. I know it’s just matter of time till it goes down completely. 

I wish you you all the most healthy 9 months! October DDC’s are the best!!
    Kimberly
    DS #1 11/08/10
    DS #2 due 10/20/16
  • @Cakimmy30 I am so sorry your going through this. Please be gentle on yourself.
  • @Cakimmy30, I'm so sorry. Thinking of you ❤
  • @Cakimmy30 I’m so very sorry.  Sending lots of thoughts to you and your family.  
  • @Cakimmy30 I am so, so sorry. Sending love your way. Please be kind to yourself. 💗
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @Cakimmy30 I’m so sorry to see this update. Sending healing thoughts. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Cakimmy30 I am so very sorry. ❤️
  • @Cakimmy30 I’m so so sorry, it’s not fair 😢 please take care of yourself ❤️
  • @Cakimmy30 I’m so sorry! Sending you lots of love ❤️ 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Well ladies, I’m terrified. Last night I had a teeny teeny tiny amount of spotting, pink and really not much at all. I called my RE and the nurse said it’s likely from the progesterone suppositories irritating my cervix and not to worry about it. It stopped, and today started back up again, this time a darker pink that’s closer to red, and more of it. Still not a lot at all, but more. They still says it’s probably the progesterone but I am freaking out! Our ultrasound isn’t until Monday so I somehow have to make it that long before we will really know for sure. Ugh, I hate this! 
    @jenferlee82 I just had to start the progesterone suppositories also, I’m terrified, this is my first! So far, no spotting for me, but one of the supposetories seemed to “melt” and discharge out. Praying it all gets better! My first ultrasound is Tuesday.