Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 2/18

2»

Re: TFAS w/o 2/18

• @EmilyLove25 right now I just track CM and CP and general mood stuff. My sleep sucks so from what I understand temping wouldn’t work well for me. But I am going with OPKs next month 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello! I posted an intro last week in the Newbie thread, but first time posting in here.

What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO/O (+OPK last night and this morning)

Ages of other child(ren)? DD- 2yo

*TW* Loss

I'm not going to post this every week, but since this is my first post in here I figured I should explain our situation a little. This is a hard question for me to answer. Our son was delivered still born last January at 23w. He passed away due to genetic abnormalities. So while I have given birth to two children, we are still trying for DD's first living sibling and have technically been TFAS since Aug '17. We took a year off after DS to go through genetic testing and heal physically/emotionally.

Any thoughts about this cycle? So far so good, just getting back into ttc again. +OPK last night and this morning, my cycles have been regular since coming off of BC in November so happy about that. Trying to stay positive and hopeful, there is a lot I could stress about right now so I'm trying to keep my brain in check.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD is definitely testing boundaries right now. She is usually a chill/easy going kid so the last few days have been a bit exhausting. We're just trying to stay consistent with her.

GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure after a hard mommy-ing day? I love to read, also a true crime junkie.

@Spartanrd4 do you listen to My Favorite Murder? Cold is on my list to check out.

• Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited February 2019
    @doraleigh35 I am so sorry for your loss. I have not listened to My Favorite Murder- currently I am listening to Dr. Death. I will put it on my list! 
  • @Spartanrd4 thank you! I went back and started from the first episode, I'm currently on 54/160. So good!
    I also want to check out Someone Knows Something and True Crime Garage. I'll have to look for Dr. Death.
  • @doraleigh35 I am so very sorry to hear about your loss <3
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Thanks everyone for the diaper rash tips. We did a baking soda bath followed up with a little air time and Aquaphor. We’ve also been using water wipes instead of regular wipes and Lotrimin (anti-fungal) per the nurse’s request. This morning the diaper rash was significantly better.

@shamrocandroll – yay for your DS for potty training! And yes please on red wine and chocolate!

@icking82 – I used to play Sims on Xbox all the time growing up and I’ve been craving playing but I haven’t found a good way to play it yet. I don’t think I have a good device to do so. I think I played the phone app version at some point but it drained my battery so quickly.

@spartanrd4 – FX for O soon!

@jennifer_louise – she has been on 2 trips down to Texas to visit my family so far and she did pretty well but now she’s mobile and nursing a lot less. We “tested” out how she would do when she’s stuck sitting for a period of time at church this weekend and it was difficult. I’m going to figure out how to get some Wiggles and Sesame Street for the plane on my Ipad.

@MrsJessS – it is our dream to live close to Disney! I’d love to be a snow bird but like now, not when DH is retired. Sorry you are feeling down about this TTC taking longer and I hope that you get KU before DH leaves.

@madcouplewithabox – DH and I have never had too much issue getting some alone time. DD sleeps in her own room and she goes to bed at 7. Does yours cosleep and/or go to bed late? Maybe you can set up some play dates with other kids (or grandparents, cousins, aunts/uncles, etc) during FW so yours will be away.

@spacemountaineer – thanks definitely will do! Hopefully you can find a better temping solution. Maybe find a cheap Ava bracelet or temp only to confirm O?

@klstone25 – it seems to be a popular time for people to go to Disney. Two families I know just got back as well. I hope you have fun as well! I drank a whole bottle of wine while watching The Bachelor last night so I feel ya!

@dumbledoredies – My FIL put on his Christmas list another grandchild from us this past year – DD was 8 months old. Please talk to your daughter who has an almost 3-year-old thank you. Major eye roll when I saw that! I just can’t stand the pressure from people to reproduce.

@flinstone-2 – I’m so glad you had fun at Disney! I kind of have the opposite problem as you and your friend. My cousin had a baby 3 weeks before I had DD and she’s been trying for a few months now. She had to get fertility treatments for her DD and I’m nervous now that I’m trying that I’ll get KU before her and she'll be upset. It’s really hard not to feel that way when TTC. Why can’t it just be easy for everyone?

@NYTIno24 – Yay for STTN! Can you have your DS come talk to my DD about that please? LOL FX for November babies! DH and I both have November birthdays so I feel like that would be so much fun.

@Ieksil – ugh sorry you’re feeling out and for your loss. Enjoy all the wine!

@MrsVP614 – hopefully your DSs bad going to sleep phase is over soon!

@creamcheeseplease – sorry for the BFNs and feeling out.

@kpearse99 – sorry about CD1. Enjoy wine country!

@doraleigh35 – welcome! So sorry about your loss. 

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • @justkeepswimming8:  I play on my laptop. :)

@doraleigh35:  welcome - I'm so so sorry about your loss.  I know that can be hard to "explain" but know that we are here to support you.

@kpearse99:  DH and I went to Napa several years ago and IT WAS WONDERFUL - just really relaxing!

@doraleigh35 @Spartanrd4 : I love MFM (stay sexy...don't get murdered!) but admittedly listen to it WAY less now that little ears are in the car!  And - -- Dr. Death was incredible.  Great storytelling, awful subject matter.  For some personal/professional reasons, it was really hard for me to listen to, but I'm glad I did.
  • *lurk* @lcking82 so happy to find another Sims fan! I always feel like such a loser but I also love mindlessly playing for some chill time  :D
  • @Spartanrd4 - Ugh. I don't like it when people make comments like that. I was benched all of 2018. Last year, my SIL texted us all in the family that she was pregnant. I was happy for her and a little sad for myself. Then my other SIL texted me and said it was my turn next. She was trying to be funny and didn't know how much I wanted to be able to have another baby but couldn't even try. Nevertheless, it definitely stung.

@dumbledoredies - "I know we still have a chance this month but I'm not feeling hopeful." I'm right there with you!

@doraleigh35 - I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • @doraleigh35 I’m sorry you went through that. *TW* You’ll find a bunch of women who have gone through losses at different stages, so don’t feel the need to explain yourself to us.

The questions “What number are you trying for?” and “How many kids do you have?” are always hard for me, and I had a loss at 8 weeks / and later nonviable vanishing twin for DS. Not trying to compare at all, but to say I’m here for you as are plenty of others. */TW*
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @justkeepswimming8 co-sleeps, which didn’t start until October at 9months. Teething, DH being home at night and overall the house being topsy turvy from norm got us. Some serious sleep training is needed
  • @justkeepswimming8 your comment actually made me think about our first TTC journey. We told some good friends we were pregnant very early on because they had been trying for years and we had only been trying for a few months. So I guess I have been on the other side of that and need to remember it! It's so easy to get stuck in my feelings now!
    doraleigh35 I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board. 
    kpearse99  have fun in wine country! it's so pretty there! 

Anyone from the Nashville area? DH has a work thing he just told me about and wants DS and I to go with him on a quick trip leaving tomorrow morning. I went before DS and loved it, but curious if there's anything fun downtown for LOs. 

TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19