July 2019 Moms
Options

Group 4 Check in Week of 02/18 (07/25-07/31)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? (Stolen from groups 1, 2, and 3)

Re: Group 4 Check in Week of 02/18 (07/25-07/31)

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 07/27 17 weeks 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Large Onion

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Team Green

Upcoming Appointments: 03/05-regular OB appt 03/08-Anatomy US

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good, tired from staying up/out later on Friday and Saturday for a friend's wedding celebrations. 

Rants/Raves:  Raves: Wearing maternity clothes from Old Navy today at work...so comfortable! May buy a few more things. Also learned I can take PTO prior to having the baby if I want and it doesn't count towards FMLA. So that's my new plan...go out on my Due Date and start my 12 weeks FMLA once the baby arrives. I was concerned that I'd go out and then be using my 12 weeks waiting around if I was significantly late to deliver. 
    Rants: Trying not to take much PTO leading up to my due date and I could really use a day off to just relax and catch up on stuff. 

Questions: Going to ask my OB, but wondering if I need to take the childbirth class my hospital offers...it's an entire weekend or four Tuesday nights in a row...I'm definitely taking the breastfeeding and infant care classes and will do a tour of the labor/delivery unit if I don't take the class. Thoughts? I'll ask in the STM thread if it hasn't been covered yet.

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? Juggling work/baby/life balance once I return to work. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/25, 17w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): baby hedgehog

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: 2/28 AS, 3/1 OBGYN

How are you feeling?: physically much better, still stressed as I have to move twice in the next 6 weeks.

Rants/Raves: my kid still hates sugar andI miss cheesecake.

Questions: None.

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here?: The usual- will I have everything ready? Will I like my baby? Will my baby like me?
    plus some randoms- I wasn’t expecting it to be a boy so I’m worried I will fail him. I’m worried that infertility brought out my stubbornness and is why I even got pregnant and what Ignado i didn’t actually want a baby? (I know I do, but it’s still a little seed in my head).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jessg2223 my sister never took any of the classes. They’re all optional. If you go to a hospital in labor, you’re gonna come out after giving birth 😂. You should register with the hospital but even then, all that it makes difficult is the paperwork.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 31st. I think it was 16 + 5. I just looked, but my memory is not worth a darn right now 😂

Baby is the size of a(n): newborn's hat

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out, but don't think we're going to tell anyone else.

Upcoming Appointments: March 7th for anatomy US

How are you feeling?: Although I'm still always hungry, I'm finally feeling good! 

Rants/Raves:  Rant: Maternity clothing is so expensive for only wearing it for a few months!
    Rave: I bought some pants extenders extenders and belly bands, so I can wear my regular clothes. Fingers crossed that I can hold out on new clothes until it gets warm outside.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? (Stolen from groups 1, 2, and 3) Having to go back to work, finding daycare, being away from baby,  etc.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 29th, 17 weeks exactly

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out during 20w anatomy scan

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 28 to check up on my low progesterone

How are you feeling?: awesome! I get tired easily but otherwise I'm great!

Rants/Raves: child care is RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE!!!! As in $1400/month. not worth it for what I make.
    A coworker told me about a store that sells used baby clothes AND used maternity clothes!! SCORE!!! I was to the point where only a few outfits were fitting! Maternity pants are a life changer! I also got a great baby swing for $50, which usually sells for $185! 

Questions: I feel a lot of pressure very low, just above my pubic bone. It's painful if anything puts pressure there. Anyone else? Is that normal? My mom keeps saying I'm "carrying low" but I have no idea if that's actually true or what it means.

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? 
    My husband is finishing up a course on java script and we're praying he gets a job right away, perferably one that pays enough for me to stay home with our babies, at least until the youngest starts school. 
  • Options
    @antony17 That’s normal. Your mom isn’t entirely wrong as your uterus is still ascending. At my last appointment, it hurt right there when my OB put pressure on it. Your ligaments are stretching, your organs are rearranging, your uterus and baby are growing... all of that and it’s bound to be uncomfortable. Definitely mention it at your next doctor’s appointment or call the on-call nurse if you’ll feel better about it, but it doesn’t sound troubling to me at this point. If you’re not bleeeding or experiencing bad cramps, it’s probably normal.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 29th, 17+ 1

Upcoming Appointments: AS end of March (at 23 weeks)

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good but yesterday I pushed a cardio session a bit too hard and threw up for the first time in a few weeks :( 

Rants/Raves:  I’m in NYC for work this week and had tons of fun going to stores with maternity clothes physicially available that I could try on. This was not good for my wallet...but so made me start to get excited for when I’ll be showing more!

A rant is for some reason my mom posted I’m pregnant on my Facebook wall...I mean, I don’t really care but I had chosen not to announce on social media (like I did for DD). Oh well.

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? (Stolen from groups 1, 2, and 3)

Definitely my relationship with DH. The newborn phase was so hard for us the first time around with the lack of sleep and my PPD. I think we have more awareness this time and have more tools to recognize problems before they blow up. However, our life had finally gotten back to more or less normal now that DD is 3 and definitely worried about making backwards progress.

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 30th, 17w

Upcoming Appointments: Two appointments in the second week of March

How are you feeling?: Pretty good!

Rants/Raves:  We're leaving for Europe on Saturday so I am super excited!

Questions: None for right now.

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? My husband and I are both a little worried about the lack of sleep - we know it is inevitable haha. Also once I come back to work balancing being a parent, wife, employee and part time grad school student. The grad school makes me worry the most.
  • Options
    @jessg2223 agreed I am loving Old Navy's stuff! It's a pain though because the stores near me don't carry it in store, so I have to order online and see what fits from there.
  • Options
    @samanthak46 Agreed...I got lucky ordering online and everything fit. May order a few other things soon. I ordered a dress from ASOS online though and hated it and had to return it.
    @leylea89 Ha that is true...hoping my MD doesn't think its vital. :)
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 27/ 17 wks

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: next week with midwife and early March for AS

How are you feeling?: Great except when I over do it, then I crash hard and just feel so exhausted.

Rants/Raves:  started working on my DD 'big girl room' and picked out new nursery paint for baby. So excited to start really nesting this time.

Questions: is anyone else having any other joint aches? I feel like my hips are all out of whack, which scares me with what happens as baby grows 😬

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? (Stolen from groups 1, 2, and 3) adjusting to two, and how I'll ever balance time. Which is funny because I worried so much before DD about the same thing and it worked out fine once we got in a routine.

@jessg2223 with my daughter I found the birth class pretty useful, they opened up some specific questions for my husband and I to discuss outside of class too that I am glad happened (no one wants to discuss the scary stuff, but it was good to be on one page just in case!!) Ask your OB but we actually took classes through our hospital and the teachers were part of the larger patient outreach and available to us during our hospital stay and after birth for support. If you plan to look for mom groups or anything like that this might be a good gateway to some!

@antony17 I also think its probably normal. Imagine just plunking a baseball amonst all the organs, everything needs time to adjust and move around! I have had some digestive issues this time that have left me pretty tender from all the gas tightness. If this is possibly one of the causes you might find relief working on the digestive issues or changing up some foods.
  • Options
    @MagsK24 yes on the joints! Today at work I had to full stop because I felt like my hip screamed at me! Lol. I was fine in a second but your limbs are far more limber.