October 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating 2/13

Re: What my pregnant self is eating 2/13

• Ooo I second all the ladies who can’t handle veggies right now... I’m basically on raw fruit, cottage cheese, breads... and lots of pizza and veggie burger cravings!! Trying to eat my veggies but it’s hard, anything cooked - especially leftovers - just makes me queasy. 🤢
  • I'm pretty early but my aversion to chicken has already kicked in (every time.) I've been having a green smoothie for breakfast every day to try and pack in a bunch of fruit and veg first thing. Really looking forward to pizza tonight. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't normally eat pizza because of my cholesterol, except when pregnant. The one perk after having to give up other favorite for 9 months!

• @brownbarista regular Wendy's fries topped with melted cheese and covered in crispy bacon. The bomb, when you feel like gaining 5 lbs in a meal.
    @grapeskittles4lyfe all of those food bars would have me eating straight through your wedding, lol.

Now everyone has me wanting pizza today. One of my local pizza parlors has a special of Calamari Fra Diavolo slices and I'm super tempted, despite having brought quiche leftovers. Give me all the spicy!
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • I'm craving chicken noodle soup (maybe because I'm nauseous and it's a comforting food to eat when I'm sick?), BUT, chicken is a major no-go. So I'm eating chicken noodle soup with all the chicken picked out 😂
  • No cravings for me. Im still eating my "normal" planned out meals. 
  • @melanier26 I’m hoping it stays this way but I’m guessing it won’t! 😂
  • @brownbarista regular Wendy's fries topped with melted cheese and covered in crispy bacon. The bomb, when you feel like gaining 5 lbs in a meal.
    @grapeskittles4lyfe all of those food bars would have me eating straight through your wedding, lol.

Now everyone has me wanting pizza today. One of my local pizza parlors has a special of Calamari Fra Diavolo slices and I'm super tempted, despite having brought quiche leftovers. Give me all the spicy!
    I was just thinking I’ll have to order pizza tonight after reading this thread. Pretty sure nothing else will do!
  • @elle-0409 My family is vegetarian. We usually exclude milk products but I had a crazy cheese craving last time I was pregnant. I’m sure I will have it again this time. 
    The only thing I can eat right now is steamed veggies. I have a major coffee aversion and I love coffee. 
  • @slycat Same here with the coffee aversion. I’m so sad! 😢 I can’t even tolerate steamed veggies ATM, but fruit is my best friend. 
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @cuduebor
    you can have deli meat. It just has to be heated up. With my first pregnancy I would order an Italian sub and just fry up the meat for a quick moment. 

As for me... lemonade, please. 
  • Pizza and chicken always sound good right now. Eggs sound repulsive and the thought of ice cream turns my stomach. It’s weird how things are different because with my first pregnancy I couldn’t stomach any poultry and I craved ice cream.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Eggs! Give me all the eggs. Especially fried or scrambled. And salad, I am eating a giant salad for lunch and dinner most days. For some reason sweets are not appealing to me right now, and I normally have a huge sweet tooth. 
    Yes!! I've eaten a ton of eggs this week. For lunch, i just wrapped up scrambled eggs, cheese, ham and salsa in a tortilla because we needed to use up the rest of the tortillas. Delicious!
  • emily1052emily1052 member
    edited February 2019
    @jenferlee82 I hear ya!  I’m having egg salad for lunch!  I have 32 chickens so I have a never ending supply of eggs!!  Wish I could send some your way!  

@aprosch that wrap sounds so delicious!!  😛😛
  • I’m craving hamburgers like mad. I’ve also been getting the “I am full” feeling a lot so while normally  I would be fine finishing my meal I get 5-6 bites in and feel incredibly full like I ate a full Thanksgiving dinner.
  • Meat! And I’m a vegetarian!!! But I have had a love for McDonald’s breakfast sandwiches, and I made two crockpots of soup this morning for dinner tonight. Chili with turkey and Zappa toscana with Italian sausage. Who am I?! I’ve been trying to stay on my Arbonne shakes in the morning and my ob said I can have them for lunch too as long as I am eating more than just that. Those have been awesome in the morning though with a bunch of frozen berries. 
    Also, my husband was gone last night and I ordered door dash. Chili’s. I haven’t eaten there in 84993 years and I ordered chicken tenders because that’s all I wanted! So weird. Hoping the added protein keeps the preeclampsia away this time! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • emily1052 said:
    @jenferlee82 I hear ya!  I’m having egg salad for lunch!  I have 32 chickens so I have a never ending supply of eggs!!  Wish I could send some your way!  

SO jealous! 😂
  • emily1052 said:

SO jealous! 😂
    Me too! Every year I tell my hubby I want to get chickens.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @rachelgreene-2 @galentine five guys fries are seriously amazing. the only reason I haven't gained 5 lbs so far is because the closest one is 20 minutes away and I hate driving haha!

@jcbh2018 @cmbt2 thanks for the advice on the deli meat! you ladies just saved my sanity :smile:

• @elle-0409 @galentine Same problem over here!! Nothing sounds good right now and I'm barely hungry. DH got frustrated this weekend because I started off saying I wanted El Pollo Loco (craved chicken, tortillas, cilantro dressing and avocado salsa), then five minutes later said I wanted Chili's for their chipotle honey crispers. Within another five minutes, I decided it had to be Arby's so I could have a beef n cheddar. Then it was nothing sounds good, back to just wanting wheat toast with butter. 
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Usually I just eat butter on my noodles and barely any sauce on my meatballs because tomato based foods cause GI issues for me but it smelled sooo good so I covered everything in sauce...and am now praying I don’t end up with severe stomach pain 🤞🏻
  • @stephanie123456 oh my!!  A roast beef and cheddar sounds SO good right now!  I usually don't eat fast food but I think I may need to break my rule.  I hope yours was as good as it sounds right now.
  • @melanier26 have you ever tried roasted red pepper sauce instead of tomato?  Roasted red pepper sauce is one of my favorites with pasta!! 
  • I bought my usual groceries today but threw in a couple boxes of kraft "deluxe" Mac and cheese that I've been wanting/needing.
  • @stephanie123456 Oh my gosh, I was craving a Beef n Cheddar from Arby’s today in the worst way. And I haven’t eaten beef in over ten years! 

BTW, I’m a walking Saltine cracker at this point. 
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• MEXICAN FOOD. It is all I think about. Seriously. 
  • I did it!  And it was so delicious!  😛😛😛

• OMG Tacos. And cilantro. And avocado.
    The next Mexican restaurant is too far away for a quick cravings fix....*sniff*

I had my first appt today and the Dr repeated the no deli meat, no raw milk cheese warning (she knows me). Sigh. I guess all feta I eat will need to pass through the oven first. Oven-baked feta on a winter greens salad....yum.

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• galentinegalentine member
    edited February 2019
    @grapeskittles4lyfe, what is a raw milk cheese? I thought I read somewhere that basically all cheeses in the US are pasteurized and thus safe for pregnancy. Am I operating on bad info??
  • You all have inspired me...DH is picking up Arby’s for dinner 😆 I don’t even know the last time I had it but it’s all I want now! 
  • sorarosesorarose member
    edited February 2019
    @galentine Imported cheese isn't always. So I personally stay away from Greek salads when I eat out because they may import the feta straight from Greece (we like the Greek-owned diner) and buy pasteurized at the store and make my own. @grapeskittles4lyfe you could do the same if you crave feta.

• @galentine @sorarose I'm not in the US, I think the European Union has more foodie-friendly rules and regulations here ;)
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019