Trying to Get Pregnant

Crafting, Baking, and Cooking Thread

We have a lot of bakers, cooks and crafters on TTGP!  Share your pictures(and your recipes) here!

Re: Crafting, Baking, and Cooking Thread

• Loading the player...
  • edited February 2019
    @madcouplewithabox I envy anyone who can make a good pie, especially with latticework.  I am a pretty decent baker but pies are not my strength! I am better with cookies and cupcakes.  
    @kels0091 everything looks yummy!

Edit: spelling is hard today. 
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited February 2019
    I love Mary Berry ❤️

@emeraldduchess those blankets are beautiful! I love the pattern of that blue one! im impressed by  anyone who can knit or crochet well. I do my best but it never comes out the correct shape and I certainly can’t do fun patterns lol.

edit words
  • @kbrown2385 Mary Berry is my favorite!
    I can't do complicated knitting patterns either.  My trick is picking patterns that only look difficult. ;) Plus it helps that I am the only one of my friends who knits, so anything I make as a gift looks super fancy. 
  • @shamrocandroll omg the honey garlic chicken thighs looks SOOOOO good! But I also haven't had lunch yet so everything looks good! I better go eat!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 It is SO GOOD!  We have it over rice because it makes a bunch of delicious sauce.  I also usually steam broccoli to go with it.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll made the honey garlic thighs tonight and DH and I were both great fans! We added some red pepper flakes for some heat and next time I think I’ll add some sriracha to the sauce. Definite winner and soooo easy! 
  • @rachelredhead oohhh I've always wanted to make this kind of cornbread for DH!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • I can't remember who posted the veggie lasagna recipe a couple weeks ago, but I made it and was so delicious!  I tweaked it a little by adding roasted kabocha pumpkin, which I mixed with fresh ricotta. Heavenly. 
  • Ooh @ruby696 that was me! Did you make your own bechamel sauce?? I loved it too! 
  • @jennifer_louise Yes I did! I sauteed some garlic and shallot in the butter before I added the flour and it was so good! I agree with YH - next time I'm using even more veggies.
  • @dreamscapes_ That is beautiful! You are very talented. I think if I could choose to do almost anything for work, baking would be one of my top picks. 
  • @nitnat007 Thank you! I miss being in the kitchen professionally, but my body just can't handle it anymore.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ that is beautiful and looks delicious!
    @emeraldduchess that’s such a pretty blanket pattern. I need to start knitting more kid size blankets. I always convince myself to take on big ones for our couch then I get bored and they take way too dang long so they sit on my needles for years 🤦🏻‍♀️

• @jennifer_louise that is amazing. It so beautiful! 
  • @jennifer_louise - That is beautiful! I love the color combinations.

I made monkey bread yesterday that was divine, but I forgot to take pictures of it.
  • @jennifer_louise that blanket is beautiful!  I do NOT have the patience for knitting small squares then piecing them together.  Too many ends to weave in! :s 

I didn't take a picture, but I have made this banana bread twice and it's delish.
    https://www.runningwithspoons.com/2015/06/01/greek-yogurt-banana-bread/#more-24673
  • @emeraldduchess Oooh!  Adding that to my list of recipes to try!  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @kagesstarshroom what does lavender taste like?  I am too chicken to try it because I have it in my mind that it will taste like soap.
  • @emeraldduchess Hahahahah thats super funny! I suppose its closest equivalent is like... a lighter rosemary flavor? One more susceptible/agreeable to sweetness. Rosemary is used more often in savory dishes (I think instantly of potatoes) and lavender is great in like doughnuts and cocktails (and I love it in cream cheese icing). We grow it in our garden, but you can buy it as well if you learn you like the flavor and want to bake w/ it/use it. 💜
  • Lavender and rose are definitely flavors that you have to be careful with, as they can definitely taste like body wash if you use too much? Lol. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @kagesstarshroom I'm curious to know how you use the lavendar from your garden without it being overwhelming. Is there a trick to it? I used to buy a pink champagne cupcake with lavender cream cheese icing from a local bakery, but they started adding too much lavender to the icing and I couldn't handle it 
  • @ruby696 The only part of the plant I use in an icing is the little purple heads--when I make a lavender simple syrup, I use the leafs of the plant too/sometimes the whole plant. I guess I just gauge how much of them to use versus how much icing I am making and smash them up w/ a mortar and pestle and go from there. The good thing about homemade icing is if it were overwhelming, I could just add more cream cheese/powdered sugar to compensate. That cupcake sounds yummmmyy. Maybe they just had, like, an overwhelming batch? AKA you should wait it out and try it again some time.
  • @kagesstarshroom I'm pretty loyal to a good cupcake, so I kept trying them for almost a year. 😂 I finally gave up. Maybe I'll play with making one myself. Sounds like a good excuse for some champagne...
  • Shepherd's pie last night! DH didn't like the cheese on top, so I'm nixxing that the next time.

• I just wanted to share my recent find! These are flavor packs that are sweetened with stevia and zero calories! I got the variety pack to try it and was wary about the "butter" flavor. I ended up trying it in riced cauliflower and I can't believe it's not butter! (see what I did there?) I also like the sweet caramel in my coffee, and the fruity hoops in yogurt! 

https://www.amazon.com/Devotion-Nutrition-Flavors-Flavoring-Calories/dp/B07CGSXVRT/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?hvadid=267968038459&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9005917&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=13730126702580427530&hvtargid=aud-649564993678%3Akwd-467370796723&keywords=devotion%2Bnutrition%2Bflex%2Bflavors&qid=1552069222&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull&tag=googhydr-20&th=1

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's