June 2019 Moms
Options

Group 3 (June 16-22) Check In w/o Feb 18

Due date/W+D:  

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?:  

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY - Do you have a long weekend right now? If so, doing anything to celebrate? 

Due date/W+D:  23 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit 

Any appointments? Questions?: Brief midwife check-in last week and received my reqs for the upcoming glucose test. For anyone who has done it before, I'm curious, what flavours of the special drink were you offered, if any? 

Rants/Raves?:  No work or school for a full week ahead of me, I'm so excited! 

How are you feeling?: Leg cramps have been wearing me down plus a kind of tightness along my ribcage on my left side. Other than that, I would say okay :) 

GTKY - We do, Monday is Family Day in Alberta so an extra day home with the whole family. Both kids are just getting over being sick so it will depend how they're doing. Hopefully we'll be able to get out and do something fun at some point. 

Re: Group 3 (June 16-22) Check In w/o Feb 18

• Options
    Due date/W+D:  22 weeks and 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut!

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment in 2 weeks for Glucose Tolerance.. Kind’ve nervous I feel like I’ve been over indulging for the past few weeks. Not really watching what I eat. I have no risk factors for GDM, but I’m still a little stressed about it.

Rants/Raves?: We still haven’t picked a name for our daughter! We want something not common but also not “made-up”.

How are you feeling?: sooooooo tired, except when I’m trying to go to sleep at night 😂

GTKY - Do you have a long weekend right now? If so, doing anything to celebrate? I wish. If I did I’d definitely be taking the opportunity to look up designs for our daughters nursery. 

• Options
    @ajel46
    I feel the same regarding the glucose test, especially considering this pregnancy has turned me into a sugar monster. All I want are sweet things all the time. 

We are team green but have no definitive names picked out yet. I bounce between thinking we've got to figure it out asap and that we have lots of time still. Do you have a shortlist of contenders?

Our three year old is moving in with her big brother when the new baby is ready for their own room so I'm having a really hard time planning nursery stuff. I feel really guilty about painting over the colours I chose for our daughter when she was born even though I keep telling myself it's just paint. I do love scrolling through ideas on Pinterest though! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date/W+D:  June 20th/ 22+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut

Any appointments? Questions?: OB appointment on Wednesday. Pretty much a monthly checkup and then a follow up from the anatomy scan I got done last week. 

Rants/Raves?:  This past week I went on a baby moon to Vegas which was very much needed. My fiancé and I work 6 days out of the week and it was just a great time to spend together. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling quite tired, restless at night and aching all over. Baby is moving a lot and I feel him kicking me. 

GTKY - Do you have a long weekend right now? If so, doing anything to celebrate?: No long weekend for me nor my fiancé. We just try to make the best of the one day a week we both have off to spend together. 

@AshleighDB @ajel46 I got a glucose test super early because I was high risk for it. I only had the choice of Orange for the flavor. You pretty much just have 5 minutes to drink this sugary kinda Gatorade (with terrible aftertaste) and they take blood from you in an hour. It’s really not too bad. I heard if you fail this one you have to go back for a 3 hour test. 

My fiancé and I alraady picked out a name for our little boy. We just aren’t telling anyone until birth what it is. You guys have a lot of time to figure out a good name for the little one. 

• Options
    @AshleighDB @ami500 we have 1 name on our list but we’re not completely sold on it. I think because this is our first baby, we’re trying to feel ready/prepared lol

With the gtt, i’m probably fine. I’m usually not a sugar person but it seems like as soon as i got my appetite back at 12 weeks, i’ve just been devouring sweets and junk food. The worst foods seem to taste the best. If i named our daughter after my favorite pregnancy food, it would be Hot n Spicy with cheese 😂😂