Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk / Questions - February

2»

Re: Chart Stalk / Questions - February

• Forgive me if this is tmi. Anyone using crinone have some different colored clumps come out? Like black? It’s kind of alarming and dr google isn’t really helping me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Question! Are BBT temps generally higher when it's warmer out/colder when it's colder out? OR do they stay relatively the same throughout the year?
  • edited February 2019
    kagesstarshroom - that is an excellent question! I hope someone answers it because I want to know too. 

Disclaimer: I asked a similar question on TFAS board, but I am wanting a bit more insight. 

My temps have been off this cycle due having to get out of bed between 3:30-5:30 before my normal wake up time of 7:30 several days a week (indicated by 06 boxes on the bottom of my chart). On CD 14, I had a temp of 97.28 (orange dot on chart) at 5:30 and 98.06 at 7:30 (blue dot). The average of the two is 97.67 (green dot). My temps can be relatively normal during 4:30 - 5:30 or they can be low. 

1. Which temp should I use for CD 14? Normal wake up time (98.06) or after 3+ hours of sleep (97.28)?

2. Would it be wise to continue to test with opks to see if another LH surge would happen since temps are not indicating that I have ovulated?

From what I am understanding from google it wouldn't be but I would gladly accept additional insight. 

• @kagesstarshroom Warmer rooms, blankets, and clothing tend to lead to warmer temps. Some women temp vaginally so they can get more accurate temps, which is something you might want to try @spacemountaineer! I also saw some women recommending this site to adjust temps for weird wake up times: https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24- thank you for the link and insight! It gave me the average of the two temps. I am curious to use it with some of my other temps. 
  • What brand ubiquinol does everyone take? Also, does anyone drink tart cherry juice? Considering starting it and don’t know what to get. 
  • @kbrown2385Pic in spoiler. It's supposed to absorb better than other brands, but who knows if that's true.

• @ruby696 perfect, that’s one I was looking at. Thanks! 
  • Question!! 
    AF is due today, didn’t come. So I tested BFN of course. The dr wants me to take provera for 5 days to initiate a period and then I’ll get some surgeries done next month. 
    My question is, would you start the provera now or wait a few more days, test again and assuming it’s still a BFN, start the provera ? I have PCOS so no period/late period is expected hence the provera being prescribed. 
    Thank you so much to anyone who has any insight. 
  • Sorry, @kels0091, I don’t have any insight. Could you leave the question for the dr who prescribed it?

speaking of asking drs questions... As I’ve finally rid myself of af, but am still spotting on cd9 for the second month since I’ve been taking notes, I want to double check things. I assume I should call my gyno, not my primary...or should I be seeing my primary in hopes of an re referral? (Month 10 ttc) ugh, I hate calling about these things, but I don’t want to kick myself later for waiting.
  • @begging4abump I would call tour obgyn.  My primary was an idiot with issues related to menstrating.  I once brought up not having my period for 2 months while I was there and she told me it was normal to not get a period for 6 months.

does your insurance require a referral for RE?  Then I would probably still call obgyn and call primary to get a referral. 
  • @kels0091 I would probably wait a couple of days just to be sure. This isn't backed up by ANYTHING medical, I just think I would personally be nervous :)
  • @kels0091 I was in the same position a few months ago. It really is a personal choice. I decided to wait and AF did eventually come on her own but I was definitely worried about taking it "just in case" in the meantime. If you know when you ovulated, personally I'd wait another day or two and if still BFN then take the provera. In my case I didn't actually ovulate when I thought I did so it was another 13 days before AF showed, and in the meantime I was just in limbo.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Has anyone dealt with prolonged spotting?  Got AF on 2/14 it lasted 3 days (normal)  but during that 3 days never really got any red blood it was mostly dark red/ brown and thick (small clots ) Monday (first day after end of AF) had some spotting after BD, yesterday no spotting but had what felt like ovary pain and today I have a little spotting when I wipe or check CM. Any ideas?
  • Thanks, @holly321. Part of my reason for posting my question was to give myself some accountability for follow through. I left the question for a nurse at my Obgyn, so we’ll see what happens. I’ll get working on getting that referral from my gp now.

@kimmer1412 per tcoyf, some ppl notice spotting after bd “especially likely when cervix is lowest.” (Weschler p392) I don’t know about the second occasion. 
  • How often do you all get dizziness during your cycles? I never do, but I'm having a bout of dizziness right now and also had this Monday afternoon. Not sure what to make of it. Any ideas or similar experiences?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 that’s one of my main symptoms, dizziness. 
    I tell myself that I need to have some sugar and sometimes that does help. But that’s just me. 
  • @inthewoods23 I don't recall getting dizzy at any point in my cycle. 
  • @inthewoods23 I typically do during the TWW, but I also tell myself I'm just SS and it usually has to do with my anxiety and/or blood sugar. I also tend to binge on sweets during the TWW.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 I'm still in the WTO, that's the weird thing! And I definitely had plenty to eat for lunch yesterday.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 any congestion, even minor? I get dizzy easily if I have any kind of congestion, my ears are just sensitive and it can throw me off even if I feel perfectly fine otherwise. Might not be cycle related. 
  • @rachelredhead hmm maybe a little congestion.

I'll classify this as a mystery
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I get dizziness all the time during my cycle...it's super weird...but I just stand super still and take long deep breaths for a few seconds. Mine usually happens when I stand up too quickly. 

Hope you figure out your mysterious dizziness! 
  • I agree with @rachelredhead that I get dizzy from fluid in my inner ear. It’s crazy how much it can affect you. I also have low BP sometimes and that can also cause it.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Progesterone suppository question.

I'll be traveling in 2 weeks so I have the pleasure of trying to keep the suppositories cold on a bus. Anyway, we leave for home in the evening and are expected to arrive back home at like 3AM the following day (6 hour bus ride).

Should I insert a suppository around 9-10ish when we're on the bus? I'll have the ability to somewhat lay down since I will have a row of 2 seats for myself (coach bus) or should I just insert one when I get home? I'm assuming we'll sleep for at least 7-8 hours anyway. What would you do?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I don’t know what’s going on. I thought I ovulated, but my temps aren’t cooperative. I went back and used the BBT temp adjuster. I have had 8 and 10 day LP last two cycles.... HALP!

• @NYTino24 I'm guessing O was CD19
  • @NYTino24 I don't see ovulation in your chart. That doesn't mean you haven't, it's just not visible with your current temps. Are you still taking OPKs? Did you have a negative OPK between the 2 positives? If that's the case, your body may have geared up for ovulation and then failed to ovulate for some reason. It looks like you still have peak CM too which indicates that your body is still trying to ovulate. I would keep HIO so you don't miss your window and hopefully you will have a shift soon.