September 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating

*TW*
Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
Married 8/16/13
BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• Apparently I am surviving solely on Grilled Cheese. I am not an adult.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Carbs carbs carbs
  • Loading the player...
  • Lately I have been eating a lot more cereal. Also not an adult here. Well, and shamrock shakes 
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Salad and fruit. And I can’t handle carbs. SO WEIRD. I’m very confused by this pregnancy. Quite different than my previous experiences! 
  • @supermom34482 carbs are liiiife.

@cateyes543 yas, cereal! I became obsessed during my pregnancy with DS and it’s coming back full force again this time. 

@blitzybee that is so weird!! But I guess could be nice to mix it up a bit. I kinda wish that’s what I craved lol.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @zuuls_mom yah I know. When I got my BFP, I went out and got all of the carbs-cereal, crackers, the usual! And then, OMG that didn’t go well for me. My husband is super thrown by this too 😂 (as he eats my cereal asking me if I’m sure I want one more salad.) the only problem is that I feel like I can’t really get my hunger satisfied. Yup like I said-weird! I bet it changes a 180 next trimester! 
  • I only wanted salad and sweet tea when I was pregnant with my daughter. I currently cant tell you what I want because it changes by the minute and I'm always hungry but it all seems disgusting.  
  • Pasta - I'd say half our dinners are pasta at this point since a lot of nights it's all I can stomach. DS is delighted since pasta is his favorite, DH doesn't say he's sick of pasta but he must be.
  • septoctkidsseptoctkids member
    edited February 2019
    I’ve been craving bagels and cream cheese! Mmm haha. Any STM think there’s any truth to craving salty for boys and sweet for girls? With my son I craved watermelon like crazy!! This pregnancy I’m craving lots of salty things. Wonder if it’s opposite? 

@sloopy02 I’ve been loving salad... With a nice creamy salad dressing. Now I want a salad at 330am 😂
  • @blitzybee last time all I wanted was fruit fruit and more fruit.
    @septoctkids I don't think there is any truth to it. I was on a green apple and gummy worm diet with DS came out a boy. This time I guess I want more salty stuff, but there's was more nausea.

I have been craving nothing and it makes me sad. Thinking about any food makes me nauseous and nothing really makes me go "send all the ____ to my belly!" I eat a lot of crackers, but that's just to keep the nausea at bay so I can move.
  • @septoctkids Noooo!!! I try not to eat bread and now all I can think of is a bagel and cream cheese. Lol. I'm totally going to get one at some point. 
  • septoctkidsseptoctkids member
    edited February 2019
    @janat1717 haha this thread is dangerous making us want what people are craving 😂

@bubsalicious I didn’t think so either since I craved sweets with my son too. Old wives tales are funny. Who comes up with that stuff lol
  • @bubsalicious yeah, I think so many of the old wives tales are BS (or else DS would have been a girl) 😂
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @septoctkids with DS all I wanted to eat was fruit, and wouldn't touch a vegetable, and after he was born I was all burned out on fruit for about a year. Haven't been on so much of a fruit kick this time, but keep wanting to eat candy. I do generally kind of have a sweet tooth, though. I'm with @zuuls_mom on almost all the old wives tales.
  • @zuuls_mom I may have just finished vomiting, but now that you mention it, I could go for a grilled cheese! lol

With DS I wanted a honeycrisp apple and peanut butter every day. I also loved Oreos (but who doesn't) and couldn't stand the thought of meat. Right now meat and salad are major aversions, but weirdly enough I keep wanting meat--I just feel like I'm gonna puke when I think about it.

I've been loving on macaroni and cheese though! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This thread is dangerous! But also helpful :)

My cravings:

Tart-
    Sour Patch Kids
    Spree
    SweetTarts
    Sour Skittles
    Grapefruit juice
    Lime slices in ice water
    Strawberry Lemonade 

Carbs-
    bagel & almond “cheese” spread
    grilled cheese
    mac n cheese
    popcorn
    corn chips and hummus
    pasta with butter and parmesan
    taro bubble tea
    maffles (Mochi waffles)

Semi-healthy/healthy
    smoothie bowl
    vanilla almond butter
    canned green beans (random, right?)
    Sumo mandarins 

• @wilderlace omg I ate so much hummus the other night haha so good! 
  • Yes to carbs!!! And chocolate milk... I'm not a big milk drinker to begin with but it seems to be one of the few things I can drink that doesn't make me feel super nauseous. Morning sickness has caused major appetite decrease but I've been loving cereal and peanut butter on toast lately
  • @sunshine2417 I have a very important question for you. What kind of cookies did you get?
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Toast with peanut butter every morning it's so good!! I am not one to eat alot of peanut butter but the more the better these days.
  • LOL @sunshine2417 you are pregnant lady goalsss!  Also, I second @zuuls_mom's very important question.

I think I'm officially coming out of the MS funk!  Last night I was able to not only MAKE, but also EAT dinner!  Granted it was breakfast for dinner, so super easy and fast, but I'm counting it as a win.  I'm really excited to be able to consume fruits and vegetables again. 
  • @sunshine2417 Great, now I want Girl Scout cookies and my dealer hasn't said that mine are in yet!

I want all the sugary drinks lately, OJ, gatorade, lemondade.  I don't think this bodes well for my plan to not get ginormous like I did with my second child. 
  • I got a craving for Chipotle today. I ordered it for lunch, but we'll see what happens.

I'm getting my Girl Scout cookies today!!
  • I made fresh pasta last night and now I feel like it's the only food that ever should have been invented. I'm already plotting to go to the kitchen store at lunchtime to get a new attachment for the pasta machine, am planning to make more pasta for another dish for dinner tonight, and have leftovers from last night in the fridge for lunch this afternoon. I'm going to gain ALL the weight.

Now I want Chipotle @themadcamel.  Perhaps I shall wait on the leftover pasta and eat that instead.  Maybe then I'll feel better about making more pasta tonight. 
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one on a carb feast! I went from strict keto to having carbs every meal and I can't stop. I keep eating and then I feel disgusting and my stomach looks like it's 6 months prego rather than 8 wks....
    It's hard to hide too since everyone at work noticed last wk that I was eating carbs. I told them I was taking a break from keto but.now I'm drinking ginger ale. Hmmmm... ha

And meat...i just can't even think about it . Unless it's shredded...like pulled bbq pork.
  • @nightdreamr13 YES! I feel huge. My kids tell me I look huge (aren't littles so kind?). Its an all day carb party.  Meat is DISGUSTING. All types. I can moderately stomach things that are thoroughly ground (meatballs, chili, meat sauce on pasta (LOL) etc), but otherwise, no dice.  And that only stands for red meat. Shredded chicken and/or chicken in any form whatsoever is cringe worthy.

@themadcamel I'm finishing off my bowl from Chipotle now.  Ooops! 
  • I have every intention of going to Sonic when I leave work and getting chili cheese tots. My mouth is legit watering. 1.5 more hours...
  • @nightdreamr13 pulled pork sounds amazing right now!! On a similar page with meat, except have been OK with hamburgers.
  • cmdesignercmdesigner member
    edited February 2019
    Let's see. Cravings/aversions are real for me. I go between wanting something intensely to not being able to handle the thought of food. 

Breakfast is usually animal crackers
    Toast with butter and raspberry jam
    Wendy's chicken sandwich
    Cocoa pebbles
    Coffee greek yogurt with cocoa pebbles on top (so good)
    SALAD (so much salad...lived on it for 3 days last week.)
    Grapes...just went through half a bag in one day
    Caffeine Free Coke Zero is the ONLY thing that stops me from wanting to barf
    Mega stuffed Oreos

I became a cliche last night when I stood with the fridge open eating hamburger dill pickle chips. #noregrets

ETA all I REALLY want is an Italian sub with LTO, oil and vinegar with mayo and MH will NOT let me have cold cuts. Rude.

• @cmdesigner OMG Wendy's chicken sandwich! Now I want one so badly. 

We had a lunch and learn at work today and they brought in salad. I was pretty disappointed since I wanted CARBS. I ended up winning a giant bag of Mini Ghirardelli squares from one of the trivia questions though so I feel like that more than made up for it. I've already eaten 4.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• What I want to eat vs what I am eating? I'm much more disciplined when at work as options are more limited so every day is like: Oatmeal for B, yogurt for mid morning snack, cheese sandwich for L, cheese and crackers/ hard boiled egg for afternoon snack, whatever we're having for D.

Things I've HAD to have: A chili cheese dog, boxes of chocolate, Mashed potatoes with corn, BBQ, and lots of carbs. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @kaitlyntu14 and @kdl89 I wanted chocolate milk alllllllll the time with DS! And PB on apples. I think it's our body's way of saying "heeeey, meat is really nasty right now, but you really need some protein girl!"

@zuuls_mom Thin Mints, Samoas, and Tagalongs.... but the Tagalongs are for DH, Samos we share, and Thin Mints are AAALLLLLL MINE! The weirdest thing happened during my pregnancy with DS--I grew this totally revolted taste for PB and chocolate combined! I used to LOVE the combo and now I still can't stand it! Bodies are weiiiird! 

@themadcamel I have a love hate with Chipotle right now... I want it SO bad, and then it sounds awful, and then I want it again, and then I remember how many Listeria outbreaks they've had and I get scared

@cmdesigner tell DH you don't need that negativity in life!!! Fun hack: You can cook all the meats to steaming hot, then cool them down, then make the sandwich! I wanted Italian subs alllll the tiiiiime last pregnancy. 

@kiddiesandkitties you inspired me to want to make whole wheat spinach pasta for dinner tonight... and then we ordered Cheesy Bread from Dominos instead! Winningggggg! It's the thought that counts, right?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sunshine2417 I totally made a whole dinner and didn’t eat a single bite. Dominos cheese bread sounds SOO delicious. 🤣
  • I keep waking up in the middle of the night and then stopping by the kitchen for a midnight snack. And it HAS to be sweet. Last night it was rocky road ice cream, and the night before was leftover chocolates from Valentine's Day.

• @sunshine2417 yaaasssss Thin Mints!!! The best. I’ve already gone through two boxes and I need MOAR.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• I have no idea what to feed my family we have had a lot of frozen pizza.  Last night I had mac and cheese and they had nachos. My daughter was like what is wrong with you , you love nachos??? So sad but both pregnancies cheese sounds as horrific as meat.  I've had a lot of Tim hortons bagels this week