October 2019 Moms

February Symptoms??

Re: February Symptoms??

• @geminigirl16 I’m sorry the nausea is kicking in.  Hope the meds work and you feel better soon!  
  • @geminigirl16 I’m so sorry about your nausea. 🙁 I keeping thinking, “How many weeks until it’s supposed to subside?!”

AFM, I cant make it through the day without a nap. I don’t know how you STM/STM+ do it, because I would straight up be neglecting some people at this point. Do you say you’re on a “business trip” and then get a hotel room down the road to sleep? 
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Loading the player...
  • elle-0409 said:
    @geminigirl16 I’m so sorry about your nausea. 🙁 I keeping thinking, “How many weeks until it’s supposed to subside?!”

AFM, I cant make it through the day without a nap. I don’t know how you STM/STM+ do it, because I would straight up be neglecting some people at this point. Do you say you’re on a “business trip” and then get a hotel room down the road to sleep? 
    DS is still a good napper. I don’t know what I would do if he wasn't. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @elle-0409 My 3 1/2 year old is very patient. I’m a SAHM and just tell him mommy needs to nap and for the most part he’s okay with it. He has been acting out a little bit, which is probably due to less attention and playing from me, but I keep telling myself it’s temporary. And then try my best to ignore the mom guilt 😩
  • elle-0409 said:
    @geminigirl16 I’m so sorry about your nausea. 🙁 I keeping thinking, “How many weeks until it’s supposed to subside?!”

Neither of my kids have ever been good sleepers so I've just adjusted to minimal sleep 🙃
  • elle-0409 said:

Ugh. The nausea. If you’re lucky, it goes away around 12-13w. 

I nap when DS2 naps on the weekend. I go to bed right after they do. DH has stepped up a lot with wrangling DS1. The week days are... rough to say the least. 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • @geminigirl16 same. Struggle city over here.

Holy. Shit. Puked three times tonight. I did not vomit once with my son, and I actually felt really great the first couple of weeks. Karma is coming back to me on this one, I feel like I’m about to be in for it 🤢😅
  • Is irritability a common symptom? I feel awful saying this but, today just about everything my husband did got on my nerves. The way he was driving, the shirt he chose to wear, the fact that I could smell the breakfast burrito he ate. It took so much restraint for me to try to act nice and normal. I had to remind myself that he wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary and was, in fact, being perfectly nice. Even my sweet little 2 year old DS who I love more than anything, there were a few times today when I thought "I've really had enough of your shit!" I hope this phase passes soon. Maybe it's because I only get one small cup of coffee in the morning and I haven't had a drink in weeks? 
  • LMMamaLMMama member
    edited February 2019
    Snaps816 said:
    Is irritability a common symptom? I feel awful saying this but, today just about everything my husband did got on my nerves. The way he was driving, the shirt he chose to wear, the fact that I could smell the breakfast burrito he ate. It took so much restraint for me to try to act nice and normal. I had to remind myself that he wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary and was, in fact, being perfectly nice. Even my sweet little 2 year old DS who I love more than anything, there were a few times today when I thought "I've really had enough of your shit!" I hope this phase passes soon. Maybe it's because I only get one small cup of coffee in the morning and I haven't had a drink in weeks? 
    Girl, same. I think irritability can be pretty common. I definitely have less patience with my kids sometimes, and it's worse when the fatigue is bad. But it does come and go.
    And as soon as I was done being pregnant last time I felt worlds better. 

I texted DH on Friday and told him turns out I DO require alcohol to parent 🤪
  • Snaps816 said:
    Is irritability a common symptom?
    Yassss! Omg same. I think it has to do with the fact that we are still doing all the things AND growing a human. And doing it on less coffee, less sleep, always hungry, dealing with heartburn... This morning my husband could sense my irritation at the world and said to the boys “being a mommy means never getting a break.”  
  • I’m incredibly exhausted, my sense of smell is insane even compared to when I was pregnant with my other children, and my cravings for cheeseburgers is unreal. I had cravings with my other three children but not so much I would be in tears. I have also been much more emotional and cranky than with my other three. 
  • @Snaps816 if it makes you feel any better, literally my first symptom before I should even legitimately have symptoms is a day or two of what I can only describe as pure super b****.  It happened with all three of my pregnancies.  It is like an out of body experience of knowing that I was so beyond a reasonable reaction to the people around me but barely being able to contain the rage.  Legit rage.  Over my husband breathing too loud for example 🤣

Now I've settled into a justifiable amount of irritability that any exhausted person stretched thinner than they'd like to be would be dealing with.  It'll pass, just continue to remind yourself that you know it's not as bad as it feels in the moment and apologize when the filter fails.  

• I’m only 4w2d and the symptoms are in FULL swing. Sore boobs, cramping, and exhaustion is real. This is my third and pretty standard for me. I don’t want to jinx myself but I didn’t have MS with my first two... praying this one is the same!
    Kimberly
    DS #1 11/08/10
    DS #2 due 10/20/16
  • Well, I was right that I was slowly working my way towards MS. I puked this morning so that’s new. All 4 of my pregnancies have been so different. 1 no nausea at all. 2. Nausea was at its worst but no actual vomiting. 3. Manageable nausea but vomited started late first trimester. 4. So far middle of the road nausea but vomiting has started at 6 weeks 🤷‍♀️

TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• kfarr26 said:
    @Snaps816 if it makes you feel any better, literally my first symptom before I should even legitimately have symptoms is a day or two of what I can only describe as pure super b****.  It happened with all three of my pregnancies.  It is like an out of body experience of knowing that I was so beyond a reasonable reaction to the people around me but barely being able to contain the rage.  Legit rage.  Over my husband breathing too loud for example 🤣

Bah, stuck in the box!
    Totally how I knew to test this time around. Two days of pure unadulterated rage at SO for no particular reason. It's even how I told him. "Sooo I guess there was a cause for me yelling at you the other day..."
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Bloating has reached another level for me this week. Feels like someone inflated a balloon in my abdomen 😣
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• sammygirl18sammygirl18 member
    edited February 2019
    @manillabar I hear you! Today I used the hair tie trick on my jeans! Yikes! I think it may be partially from all the water I’ve been drinking!
  • @manillabar & @sammygirl18 I got belly bands today in the mail!!  (Thank you for the suggestion @cmbt2)This bloat has been out of control.... 
  • emily1052 said:
    @manillabar & @sammygirl18 I got belly bands today in the mail!!  (Thank you for the suggestion @cmbt2)This bloat has been out of control.... 
    you’re welcome. 

My belly is definitely round, which is annoying. The bloat has been outrageous the last week. The teachers at daycare are already asking the director about it, too. (Got to love having an unresolved diastisis  😒)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • emily1052 said:
    @manillabar & @sammygirl18 I got belly bands today in the mail!!  (Thank you for the suggestion @cmbt2)This bloat has been out of control.... 
    @manillabar I hear you! Today I used the hair tie trick on my jeans! Yikes! I think it may be partially from all the water I’ve been drinking!
    I wore maternity pants today lol. I just tucked the panel up way under my boobs so it wouldn’t slip 😂🙈

@cmbt2 why are the daycare teachers asking about it?
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Super bloated here too! And constipated. TMI? Just feel hungover a majority of the day. Yuck! I feel better than my
    forst pregnancy though so I’m trying not to complain but when you have a 2 year old
    You can’t really just sit on the toilet when you need to! Lol 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @cmbt2 I am there with you on the diastisis. I've been doing an online exercise program meant to resolve it, called Every Mother. They have three "paths," one for during pregnancy (even if you already have diastisis recti), after pregnancy (when you have diastisis recti), and after you have solved the diastisis. Sometimes I think it is working, but I can't tell for sure yet. Also, things like stomach sleeping is not recommended but, I wasn't willing to give that up, so...

I'll admit, I've been wearing maternity pants here and there, mostly my dress pants, since DD was born. Thanks to bloat and my diastisis recti. I just fold the panel once over itself. They are my favorite pants in terms of cut and comfort. I also love, love, love that they don't have rivets, zippers, pockets, belt loops, and buttons to cause more lumps and bumps under my shirts. I like to tell myself there is a difference between the elastic pants ladies with blue hair tend to wear and maternity pants...
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    edited February 2019
    emily1052 said:
    I wore maternity pants today lol. I just tucked the panel up way under my boobs so it wouldn’t slip 😂🙈

@cmbt2 why are the daycare teachers asking about it?
    They see me daily and have noticed I’ve been bloated. I tend to get a rounded bloat right in the front instead of all over the waist.

the teachers all know the directors find out right away so they’ll ask the director before asking directly (though she doesn’t say anything)

ETA- they’ve all noticed that my boobs have already grown a cup size. I worked hard after DS2 to not only get the excess weight off from him, but the excess weight I had left from DS1. It left me with boobs that barely filled a C and now I’m already falling out of a D 😭😭 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • My boobs are pretty sore, but I am really feeling the fatigue! I am SO tired this week. I actually feel like maybe I am getting inside my own head because I feel like it is too early to be this tired. 

• elle-0409 said:

I think you just do what you gotta do. Baby gates help. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cmbt2 said:
    emily1052 said:
    you’re welcome. 

My belly is definitely round, which is annoying. The bloat has been outrageous the last week. The teachers at daycare are already asking the director about it, too. (Got to love having an unresolved diastisis  😒)
    One of my students asked me last week if I was pregnant, so yeah. Gotta love it. The bloat was crazy. It's better now, so I can hide with baggy clothes, but with diastasis recti it really doesn't hold in any of the bloat. At all. I looked easily 6 months pregnant at one point. (Mine isn't causing pain, so I've pretty much been ignoring it and avoiding crunches, lol. But its certainly annoying now.)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh my boobs hurt sooo much
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Also on team bloat. So much bloat.

• So much is irritating me lately, it’s like my patience is non existent right now. That and I’m tired from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed. It’s so draining. 
  • When did everyone start getting sore boobs? I remember mine being crazy sore with DS but I can’t remember when it started, and it hasn’t yet this time. I know everything varies. STMs did you not feel as sore the second time? Maybe because they have to go through less changes? I’m trying to reason it out haha
  • @Schumerator I’m an STM and my boobs just started getting really sore in the past few days. Of course it didn’t help that my daughter kicked me in the boobs repeatedly yesterday while I was changing her diaper 🙄
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• When did everyone start getting sore boobs? I remember mine being crazy sore with DS but I can’t remember when it started, and it hasn’t yet this time. I know everything varies. STMs did you not feel as sore the second time? Maybe because they have to go through less changes? I’m trying to reason it out haha
    They didn’t bother me at all with DS2. With this one, 5dpo. It was what caused me to test at 7 and 8dpo
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • LMMamaLMMama member
    edited February 2019
    @Schumerator With my first they were sore but my second and this one I've had nothing. I think it varies!
  • SchumeratorSchumerator member
    edited February 2019
    Thanks guys that is helpful to hear! @manillabar LOL exactly. DS is constantly crawling all over me and jabbing me in the boobs and I’m like ok that felt a little sore, but it’s probably supposed to when you get karate chopped 😆

Eta: I guess it’s just interesting me because the idea is that HCG causes symptoms, but there must be some other controlling factor to determine if you get sore boobs or not or any other symtoms etc. I’ll have to look into this... 
  • @Schumerator I beleive it's actually the progesterone that causes sore boobs. And of course like everything else, everyone will be different. Mine are sore but not consistently. It's in waves (much like a letdown) and yes, if DS elbows them while monkeying around. 

This morning I noticed some dried leakage (have not nursed in 2ish years but have this on occasion) and when I cleaned it up it just came right back 😑 unlike usual. So I guess I'm going to be location my supply of breast pads to have in standby.....
  • @Schumerator I just started noticing sore nipples this last week, but only while nursing. They are otherwise fine :smile:
  • I'm not having a ton of symptoms, which of course, has me freaking out. The main symptom right now is heartburn and my hips have already started hurting at night due to relaxin/hormones.  I checked my symptoms from last pregnancy, and at this point was already feeling nauseous.  Hoping no nausea yet only means that its a boy this time.  I also, luckily, can't handle too many sweets.  Last pg, I was all about the sweets and it was bad.  This time, I can only handle a little.  I keep POS and the line is still getting darker.  Last one, I almost freaked out thinking I was having a mc because one line was much darker than the other, until I realized the test line was the one stealing the dye from the control. So, thats positive news.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @scuba_chic did you ever get your back adjusted after your first? DS1 knocked one of my hips out of place which led to very early low back/hip pain with DS2. It was pure torture until I went and finally saw a chiropractor (my one hip was over an inch higher than the other)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • I’m sooo tired. No approved sleep aid is letting me STTN, which makes me so sleepy during the day 😪

DH commented this morning that my boobs look re-inflated. Thanks, dear... 😒
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 have you tried magnesium? I take it about an hour before bed and it helps me stay asleep and even fall back to sleep if I am woken (and by if I actually mean when 😑)