October 2019 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-In 2/14

New Thursday, new check-in, and two new grads this week! ❤❤❤

This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation.

What's going on this week? 

How far along are you?

Anyone have an appointment this week?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY (stolen from Sep BMB): What fictional place would you most like to visit?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In 2/14

• Loading the player...
  • @galentine did that battleship size reference come from that millennial article?
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited February 2019
    @marbellie, lol no. That reference came from this "Manly" baby sizer. It has 3 or 4 different categories. I go through all my apps and websites at the beginning of the week and just pick whatever I find most fun/interesting!

https://babysizer.com/manly
  • @kbrown2385, sorry for the heartburn, but also yay! And an aversion to steak + a steak dinner sounds like a rough combo! Can you have a portobello mushroom instead of your steak?

@sorarose, welcome! I should have said 3 new grads this week! Glad you are joining us 😊

@stephanie123456, 14 days to go, we can make it!! Mine might actually be 13 days now, I think. You have my sympathy for the fatigue, I'm struggling too. I have been so worried I might accidentally fall asleep while sitting up at my desk, working!

@marbellie, we actually do have a nickname for this little battleship peg. I don't know if the nickname will stick throughout the pregnancy or not, but it makes it fun to talk about without having to use the actual words, you know? Plus the Ovia app I'm using had a spot where we could enter the nickname, so when it says something like, "Baby's arms are growing in today," it replaces "baby" with the nickname I entered. It's adorable!
  • @galentine @stephanie123456 I’m not 100% if it’s a legit meat aversion or not. Not wanting to eat dinner the other night is what made dh think I was pregnant, so I’ll give it a shot tonight. I’ve been eating ham sandwiches (I know, lunch meat 🙄) so it may have just been that meal lol. If anything dh and ds will get more steak to eat and I’ll enjoy the tomato salad...and probably a ham sandwich 🤣. 
  • @kbrown2385, oooh a ham sandwich sounds delicious! Have you ever made funeral sandwiches? You place Hawaiian buns in a glass baking dish, fill the buns with sliced ham and swiss or provolone, and brush the tops with a mixture of melted butter, dijon mustard, Worcestershire, and poppy seeds. And then bake. They come out all melty and caramelized and OMG so good. I might need to make those this week!!
  • edited February 2019
    @kbrown2385 lunch meat was all I could eat during my pregnancy with DS 🤷‍♀️
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited February 2019
    @junebabyh, I agree, the name stinks! I think they're called funeral sandwiches because they used to be frequently served (or maybe still are?) at church luncheon following funerals. I really should just call it something else, though!
  • @galentine Did you ever visit Oxford when you were in the UK? They filmed the parts of first 2 movies there and some of the colleges are open to the public (for a fee) so you could walk around their little campus.

@marbellie To not make you freak out from your lack of symptoms, I just wanted to say that I had pretty much none with DS and it’s looking like I’m having even less this time around. Completely normal also!

@kbrown2385 So happy you’re in Oct!! ❤️

@stephanie123456 Rain much there today, eh?? It’s raining SO MUCH HERE. Also, we went to Croatia a few years ago and could have gone do a tour of some of the GOT sites there, but we didn’t since we haven’t seen it. Lol. But I just did some research and we’ve been to this one place and never knew it (Pic is not me, I found it online)

• @lillywonderland, we did not go to Oxford. We only had a few days in London, but I would love to go back for a longer trip someday to see more!

@junebabyh, what is Peach Pit? (Maybe I'm showing my age too, LOL). But I just thought of another fictional place I'd love to go: Pizza Planet from Toy Story! 😂

• @galentine The Peach Pit is the diner where the kids all hung out in 90210! ...Ps. I will join you in Pizza Planet.
  • @galentine THIS IS WHY I LOVE YOU SO!! Toy Story is straight up mine and DS' fave Pixar/Disney movie and Pizza Planet looks amazing. Full disclosure, my first job was at Chuck E. Cheese and it was so much fun. I could literally eat pizza for every meal (except right now when nothing sounds good), I got to play all of the games, run the birthday parties and work the prize counter. I didn't even mind dressing up as the mouse either. Best three years of my adolescent life.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @galentine- Oxford is worth visiting in its own right. I didn't know there were tours,  @lillywonderland, but I remember the awe I felt on the grounds of Christ Church. When I was in Edinburgh, we ate at The Elephant House where JK Rowling wrote the books. I remember looking out the window at the castle, which must have inspired her to an extent.

• @junebabyh I couldn’t eat chicken with my son. 

@galentine I didn’t know that was the name, but they sound delish. I need to make them!
  • @stephanie123456, I have a very strong urge to watch Toy Story now. My H is volunteering at an event tonight, so maybe I should entertain myself with Toy Story for Valentine's Day tonight! Wonder if I can stream it anywhere...?
  • @galentine I love that hogwarts letters idea and I'm totally down to visit pizza planet!! 

What's going on this week? babe is the size of a peppercorn this week and starting to grow their liver 😍
    How far along are you? 5+4
    Anyone have an appointment this week? Yes! Next Tuesday with my midwife and an ultrasound in two Mondays 
    Cravings/Symptoms? Getting an aversion to steak... 
    Rants/Raves/Randoms? We need to get our house in the market but the snow just won't melt so we can get all the outside stuff done... Plus side is we went mutual on an amazing house though!! 
    GTKY (stolen from Sep BMB): What fictional place would you most like to visit? Hogwarts, obviously. I just really want to explore the castle and find the room of requirement! 
  • @galentine amazon fire stick? 
  • @prpl11butterfly I too started my collection long before kids 🤣. 
  • @elle-0409, I have not been to universal since they added HP Wizarding World. I actually think the one and only time I was there, the HP part was just being constructed. I love theme parks, so I really need to go! And I'm so sorry your nausea is ramping up. I'm feeling that way too, I'm basically useless because I just feel sick all day. I'm also trying not to complain, because I feel so very lucky to be here (and to have a promising symptom that reminds me I'm pregnant!) You'll have to share your review of the sea bands, I was actually just looking at those on amazon this moring. Hope they help!
  • @galentine I love those sandwiches DROOL @junebabyh I hope everyone is healthy soon What's going on this week? Baby is size of Appleseed or pop rock How far along are you? 5+2 Anyone have an appointment this week? Had an U/S on Monday to make sure I wasn’t having an etopic. At 4+5 there was nothing to see. I go back next Thursday(21) for another US with the high risk doc Cravings/Symptoms? Chicken strips and pizza, with DS I couldn’t stand poultry in any way/shape/form, so I find this an interesting craving. Eggs sound repulsive, that’s nothing new I’ve had that with every pregnancy. Rants/Raves/Randoms? Sore boobs started yesterday, which was a welcomed symptom since the lack of symptoms has really been screwing with my head. Questions? Nope GTKY (stolen from Sep BMB): What fictional place would you most like to visit? Hmmm Hogwarts, Narnia, Never Never Land.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Tw* loss mentioned*

Well ladies, it’s been a pleasure but it looks like I will be leaving you. My repeat beta today showed Hcg was dropping. I hope everyone has a wonderfully boring pregnancy ❤️

• @kbrown2385, I'm so very sorry you are going through this again. Sending lots of hugs your way. We'll miss you. ❤
  • @kbrown2385 I'm so sorry  <3<3 I mirror what @galentine said, we will miss you. 
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @kbrown2385 I can’t believe this is happening again. I’m so sorry nothing I say will help but I <3 you

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @prpl11butterfly somehow I missed you were here, I’m so freaking happy!!!! Everything is crossed for you!!!!!

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @kindbytealikat I've been keeping on the DL here. Haven't even intro'd yet. Just need more time....
  • @prpl11butterfly I totally get that. Take all the time you need.

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @kbrown2385 So sorry to hear! Thinking of you! ❤️
  • @kbrown2385 I am so sorry for your loss. Know that you have love and support from all of us. Be gentle with yourself. 💗
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @kbrown2385 I am so so sorry to hear this news. Big big hugs my friend. Please be kind to yourself 
  • I’m so sorry @kbrown2385. Sending you love. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3