October 2019 Moms
Options

Not feeling it (5+ weeks)

I mean I'm definitely feeling the pregnancy symptoms but my brain is still waiting for the other shoe to fall... It took well over a year, a chemical pregnancy, and a fertility clinic to finally get pregnant again but I feel deep down like it's not going to last. I hate this feeling! I just want to relax and be happy that I'm pregnant but my brain won't let me. I keep running to toilet at the first hint of wetness, expecting blood, and I'm full on dreading my ultrasound the clinic wants me to do in the next couple of weeks because my idiot brain is just expecting bad news :(

Anyone else feel like this?

Re: Not feeling it (5+ weeks)

• Options
    Even those of us who haven't experienced a loss can empathize; I've had two miscarriage dreams in the last week and dread wiping when I pee. I agree with @ceclarlinetlo that if you check in with that thread and read through it you will at least see that you are not alone!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I mean I'm definitely feeling the pregnancy symptoms but my brain is still waiting for the other shoe to fall... It took well over a year, a chemical pregnancy, and a fertility clinic to finally get pregnant again but I feel deep down like it's not going to last. I hate this feeling! I just want to relax and be happy that I'm pregnant but my brain won't let me. I keep running to toilet at the first hint of wetness, expecting blood, and I'm full on dreading my ultrasound the clinic wants me to do in the next couple of weeks because my idiot brain is just expecting bad news :(

Anyone else feel like this?
    @badtz-maru I am right there with you. It's hard to relax and enjoy, the worry starts to sink in and the dread comes. The what ifs.

Have to do your very best to accept that hanging on the the negative thoughts will do you no justice. I hope everything goes well!