October 2019 Moms

TW Tuesday 2/12

No one started this week so below is mine!

Re: TW Tuesday 2/12

• I got home after a long night shift... I'm washing who knows what infectious disease off of myself in the shower and notice a huge bubble in the ceiling. It's been raining a ton here and well lucky me we have a leak. My window seal is also leaking/bubbling. So I had to look up my home warranty info (thank goodness it's still the first year). Some how my mind went from, "This is okay, someone will be here in about a week to fix it. No biggie" to "OMG the water and potential mold damage probably ruined my tile and the bathtub and now we will have to push up the bathroom remodel a few years and how can we pay for that and baby??" 

Wow. Hormones-1 Me-0
  • My MIL. What else is new?
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Loading the player...
  • @wanderlost oof! Hopefully they fix it quick! Our current apartment has major mold issues and it sucks sooo bad
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 oh goodness!! I'm sorry to hear that. I'm a freak about mold. I don't think I could live in a humid area for that reason alone. I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. I have issues with mine too and it amazes me how one woman can just get under my skin so much. Especially the woman who raised my favorite person ever. Like how do they do it?
  • @cmbt2 it's just so effortless and graceful the way she jabs under my skin and bruises my ego. Haha
  • @wanderlost that's awful! I can totally imagine the freak out that would cause. And not a fun time to be stressing over things. Bright side, it was caught and will be fixed before baby comes.
    @cmbt2 I'm sorry MIL is already in your hair. Sounds like she's a 'mean girl' with low self confidence herself.

Yesterday's TW for me did turn out to be that stupid storm. Tons of ice on top of the snow, so I did have to reschedule my confirmation appt. Luckily they got me in today, but I'm soooo over the snow already this year. You hear me Mother Nature? Done.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @wanderlost that's awful! I can totally imagine the freak out that would cause. And not a fun time to be stressing over things. Bright side, it was caught and will be fixed before baby comes.
    @cmbt2 I'm sorry MIL is already in your hair. Sounds like she's a 'mean girl' with low self confidence herself.

Yesterday's TW for me did turn out to be that stupid storm. Tons of ice on top of the snow, so I did have to reschedule my confirmation appt. Luckily they got me in today, but I'm soooo over the snow already this year. You hear me Mother Nature? Done.
    I’m so over it as well! Like, take the snow and ice and just go already!

MIL is a special breed. They live 4 hours away (read: not far enough). We used to only be 25 minutes away, which was way worse. She was out last month. They’ll be out mid-April. I gave her dates that will work in mid-June, late-August, early-November, and late-Christmas for the rest of the year. First words: nothing in September or October??? 😡

After the crapshow that was DS1’s birth and first few weeks, they are banned for the first month of life. I don’t care. She is not welcome those first few weeks.

She’s not finding out the news for another two months, so I’m just waiting for the begging to come for visiting those months. All she’ll know is I’m due in October. She is the MiL that will stalk and call the hospital. The less info she gets, the better (she wanted to be in L&D when I had DS1!)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • I live in IL and I am so over the winter!! My kids have had school cancelled at least once a week for a month because it’s so bad! My issue is my FIL...I miscarried before my second (it happen on Valentine’s Day so that was great) and there was no support from anyone in our family and was even harder because we had a cousin and my SIL both pregnant at the same time. So when we got pregnant in July15 DH and I were excited but decided not to tell anyone until the first ultrasound. All we got was a lecture of how stupid we were and selfish not telling anyone sooner then FIL made the comment “is this one going to stick this time?” We will not be telling anyone until later this time around as well. 
  • @cmbt2  your MIL sounds god awful. I’m reading these stories about her going WTF. Seriously you need an award. 
  • @mamabeardownes wow that is such an insensitive thing for him to say!!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Yikes @cmbt2 and @mamabeardownes! Both family members sound horrific! @cmbt2 you stand your ground. Sounds like 'never' would be the optimal time to tell her about the pregnancy. What does hubby say? I hope he backs you up when he can. I'm already dreading April for you.
    @mamabeardownes I'm sorry they were so unkind. I hope this time around family is more supportive, and if not, well then we will be here to let you vent some steam.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @mamabeardownes yikes! Can you wait until birth to tell them this time?

@cooaladolly I wish I could wait until birth to tell her. Alas, 😪. I’ll get my revenge by making them wait until 16w this time 🤣 She thinks we got a 4bd house so they can stay with us when they visit (they usually stay at the hotel down the road because we’re so cramped in our apartment). Hahahaha. No. I purposely got only enough rooms that we needed so she couldn’t until we finish the basement years down the road 

H is *finally* starting to say no to her. Finally. It’s been a long process. It took me pointing out that he lets her get her way with temper tantrums and comparing it to the fact that we don’t let DS1 get away with that for him to realize it. He’s more willing now that he’s realized the behavior regressions DS1 has after their visits 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ll take it as a little win. 

She’s banned immediately post birth because she doesn’t know when to GTFO and throws a fit if she gets kicked out. When DS1 was less than a week, after basically living in my hospital room for the days I was there, she came over for a few hours. She cried and complained when she got kicked out for overstaying her welcome (I didn’t want visitors at all that day). Three days later, she calls to TELL us, not ask, tell, that DH’s aunt and uncle were coming over two days later to meet the baby. When I shut that down, she called DH crying that I’m a b**** and didn’t want them to have anything to do with us. When he told her I was struggling (PP hormones are a rollercoaster), she said I had no right to be struggling because it’s a joyous occasion. 

There’s more, but I’ll save it for MIL March (which is totally gonna happen, btw)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2 said:
    @mamabeardownes yikes! Can you wait until birth to tell them this time?

@cooaladolly I wish I could wait until birth to tell her. Alas, 😪. I’ll get my revenge by making them wait until 16w this time 🤣 She thinks we got a 4bd house so they can stay with us when they visit (they usually stay at the hotel down the road because we’re so cramped in our apartment). Hahahaha. No. I purposely got only enough rooms that we needed so she couldn’t until we finish the basement years down the road 

H is *finally* starting to say no to her. Finally. It’s been a long process. It took me pointing out that he lets her get her way with temper tantrums and comparing it to the fact that we don’t let DS1 get away with that for him to realize it. He’s more willing now that he’s realized the behavior regressions DS1 has after their visits 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ll take it as a little win. 

She’s banned immediately post birth because she doesn’t know when to GTFO and throws a fit if she gets kicked out. When DS1 was less than a week, after basically living in my hospital room for the days I was there, she came over for a few hours. She cried and complained when she got kicked out for overstaying her welcome (I didn’t want visitors at all that day). Three days later, she calls to TELL us, not ask, tell, that DH’s aunt and uncle were coming over two days later to meet the baby. When I shut that down, she called DH crying that I’m a b**** and didn’t want them to have anything to do with us. When he told her I was struggling (PP hormones are a rollercoaster), she said I had no right to be struggling because it’s a joyous occasion. 

There’s more, but I’ll save it for MIL March (which is totally gonna happen, btw)
    🤯
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Can I call SOs job TW of the week? They work him too hard, don't give him enough people and 2 of the 5 direct reports he have seem to share a brain. Like if they were to tell me the sky is blue I would need to double check.

When he has his weekly meetings with them they refuse to write things down and then of course don't remember/remember it incorrectly. Like they had an intern this week but sent her home on the first day because there was nothing for her to do (!!!) and SO only found out when he came into the lab after a 4 hour meeting in another part of campus. And when he referenced the meeting last week when he outlined the intern job plan with them they just said "oh".

Unfortunately one of them will never get fired because strict workplace labor laws in Germany (usually a good thing) - dude has been at that job for like 20 years and has an autoimmune disease so every works council will go to the trenches for him.

Anyway. It's his job but it makes him come home completely disillusioned and disheartened and I hate it.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• What is TW Tuesday?
  • @wanderlost were you able to report the leaks? I’m sorry, house stuff is stressful.

@mamabeardownes WOW. Your FIL sounds like the worst. Yuck.

@cmbt2 Yikes. Just yikes.

@grapeskittles4lyfe that’s rough. It’s hard watching someone you love get worn down by a job.

• What is TW Tuesday?
    I do believe it stands for twatwaffle. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• What is TW Tuesday?
    Twat waffle
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • My TW (Thursday) is hormones. My 3 year old had an uncharacteristic full on tantrum after lunch that kind of set things off. I’ve been nauseous all day, overwhelmed by our dirty house, worried about my son (and me) being around our niece/nephew this weekend who are just over the flu, and feeling so much mom guilt bc though my son is pretty decent at independent play, he’s been more whiny and wanting me to play lately I think just bc I haven’t been playing. And I’ve been on my phone a lot, trying to distract myself from the nausea.