Babies on the Brain

WRW February 2019

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons 

When do you think you will start TTC? 

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: any plans for Valentine’s Day? 
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: WRW February 2019

• I know it isn’t Wednesday yet but I needed to make one for February so I could post my rant. 

Discussions starts August 2019

What brings you to WRW? 
    I want to learn as much as I can while I’m TTA so them I’m actually TTC I’m already in some good habits and know a little more

Any R/R? 
    Yes! 
    Rant - so I’m still living with my ILs for another week when we move into our house (🎉🎉🎉) and my MIL, while normally is actually one of my closest friends, has just been doing my head in. Particularly last night. She is very untidy yet never ever cleans up after herself and gets mad at everyone else when HER mess is everywhere. She’s the type that doesn’t even close the fridge door or cabinet or drawer let alone put away whatever she was using. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve had to throw away milk early because she just leaves it out. She particularly blames my FIL. For everything. Poor guy. So last night at around 1 in the morning, she starts yelling at my FIL. First of all, she doesn’t know how to be quiet when other people are sleeping. She constantly is singing or talking loudly to the cats first thing in the morning (😤😤😤) And last night she knew I had a fever and DH and I were trying to sleep but that didn’t prevent her from yelling at him and mocking him. What was she yelling at him for you ask? When they had come upstairs to go to bed, he had stepped on something glass and it broke. She went on and on and on for at least 15-20 minutes calling him stupid because he didn’t see something on the floor. She he was being really mean. What I kept thinking was “if whatever it was was so important, WHY WAS IT ON THE FLOOR?!?” Instead of getting mad at him and being mean to him why didn’t you think to yourself, “hm maybe this is partially my fault because I left something I care about on the floor”. She even mentioned that he was stupid because it had been on the floor for awhile. So what you’re saying is you had plenty of time to pick it up and put it away where it belongs? And then she got mad at him because he wasn’t cleaning up the glass fast enough. Her messiness just does my absolute head in. Especially because it’s everyone else’s fault (usually my FILs) and never hers. 

I just really needed to vent this out. I can’t exactly post about it on FB or anything 😂

Rave - we get the keys to our house on Friday!!!

GTKY: any plans for Valentines Day? 
    Its our first Valentines Day as husband and wife! We’re exchanging small presents and will probably go out to dinner or something.
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• thatcmathatcma member
    edited February 2019
    I have no idea now. DH is a construction worker and the company he works for (subsequently is also his stepdad's) recently had to shut down "general construction" and laid off a TON of people. It's him and 5 other guys. Thankfully his status is fine but we are not sure what this means in terms of jobs that get him paying premium wage over time.

ALSO he thinks DD needs to be totally potty trained first, which is shockingly going well. We try to take her to the potty every 2 hours and she has actually gone quite a few times including poo!

What brings you to WRW?
    Be apart of a community. Be able to rant and rave if need be :smile:

Any R/R?
    Rant: my MIL loves to make plans with us, then not show up. It really pisses me off mainly for DH as my daughter doesn't quite miss people yet. Also due to the polar vortex we may have to re-do the roof to our laundry room, and thanks to the temporary fix we had to to do our bank accounts are drained. SIGH.

GTKY: any plans for Valentine’s Day? 
    Nope. Just another day for us. Though DH always buys me little things even though I tell him not to.

@jackie_dunny the environment you are living in sounds VERY frustrating.
  • Loading the player...

• When do you think you will start TTC? Not anytime soon, waiting for some life things to settle

What brings you to WRW? Community, like mined people to talk to while waiting on TTC.

Any R/R?

Rave:
    We finshed moving all our stuff today and I'm feeling so much relief to be out of my moms house. Now we just have to finish organizing, I still have to give away more stuff because we're trying to fit into a smaller room then we had before. Also my husband was able to find a job, helping a friend with a growing ebay business! (This is big news for us, my husband has been looking for work more then three years now, he did have a summer job for a few months but he wasn't rehired the next year.) With everything falling into place, I'm feeling a lot better about the future! We needed to take this step into moving our lives forward and TTC is starting to seem a lot more possible now!

GTKY: any plans for Valentine’s Day? We are going out for Chinese and then going home to curl up and watch a movie together!

@jackie_dunny I'm so sorry, nobody should have to deal with that! I also feel very bad for your FIL, treating someone like that is simply teribble!
    Me: 24 H:37
  • jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
    edited February 2019
    @thatcma I’m glad your husbands job is okay but that is definitely something scary to be carrying in the back of your mind. Well done DD 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 It seems like all three of us are having Mother/MIL issues 😂 just another thing to bond over 

@chinadoll2522 I’m glad things are starting to settle for you! Congrats to YH! Your Valentine’s Day plans sound super cozy

AFM, I vent here about my MIL but she’s really not so bad, especially as far as MILs go. Thanks for the words of support (: 

ETA: btw the glass thing that broke was a picture frame 🙄 what was that doing in the middle of the floor? When I tell you everything ends up everywhere in this house, I’m not kidding 😂

PitaPata Dog tickers

• @chinadoll2522 Congrats on getting everything settled in, and feel better! That's great and honestly I wish DH and I would have had our house bought before TTC. Doing it while *TW* preggo was difficult and we are STILL trying to put things together/improve/work on 2 years later.
  • @thatcma Thank you! I hope once you get everything done and you can breath for a moment everything will seem much better!
    @jackie_dunny Thank you! We like to be cozy and watch movies together, we don't nessarly plan Valentine's day as something super special but we do use it as an excuse to go out and eat some good food that we don't normally splurge on.
    And you're very welcome. I don't always get along with my MIL but I still love her all the same! In fact resently I've even missed her and told my husband we should really visit again sometime.

So, our landlord is fine with us having kids. But right now the house is kinda over taken with the ebay business, which will be moving but who knows when that will happen. I'm not sure how long we will live here, but if things pan out I might bring up TTC again with my husband (who will turn 39)next year.  I would like to start trying at least by then, because my husband will be 40 by 2021! I'm not sure if his age will make TTC take longer, I did do a lot of reading into it (scary) which I wouldn't have if it wasn't for these forms. But, if we try next year I will be 25 and I'm not sure how my age factors in....

I spent an hour looking at dog listings online before convincing myself....I really don't need a puppy! If years from now when I've hopfully had a baby or two and they are the right ages and I still want a puppy, the idea may be reviewed.

• @chinadoll2522 I don’t think your age at 25 will be a huge factor but his age could potentially be as you said you were aware of from your reading. 

As for puppy’s, they are definitely a lot of work so it’s good that you’re giving it a lot of thought beforehand 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• craftywitchcraftywitch member
    edited February 2019
    When do you think you will start TTC? We have agreed to start trying July 2019!

What brings you to WRW? Just poking around getting to know the lay of the land. I was super active on my son's BMB and still keep up with those ladies so just want to start hanging out around here...

Any R/R? Rant: I am way ready to start trying for #2! It's ridiculous!
    Rave: DH is FINALLY 100% on the same page- can I get an amen?!

GTKY: any plans for Valentine’s Day? We had a sitter and were able to grab dinner alone Saturday! That's it for us, but it was nice!
  • @craftywitch Hi! 👋🏻 feel free to introduce yourself on the intro board so we can learn more about you if you’d like (: 

yayyy!! That YH is on the same page!! 🙌🏻 That’s half the battle right there done! 

Just a warning, this board isn’t super active but there are a few of us who poke our heads in from time to time. Hopefully we can get some more interaction! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Hi ladies! How’s everyone’s week/month been since we all last spoke? 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Hi @craftywitch! Glad to hear DH is totally on board!

This month has been hectic with work because we have someone that keeps calling off due to family issues. It is beginning to be frustrating though. While I am sympathize that something is happening, if she needs the time off then just say so instead of day to day calling off last minute.

Also my husband and I are really needing to budget. At the end of the month we tend to have too much taken out at one time leaving us with very little money. Thankfully tomorrow is pay day but it does give you a small fright.
  • @thatcma that is really frustrating! It definitely makes more sense if for them to just ask for the time off so you’re not left scrambling last minute. 

Also, I'm with you on the budget! Now that DH and I are out of the ILs house I’ve been begging him to sit down with me and work out a budget (I looooove a budget) luckily we’re both very good with money so that’s not the issue but I need to have a steady plan. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny we usually are very good with money but over the last few months we have had quite a few things happen that took a lot of our saved money away, which also means we have used more of our regular paychecks.
  • Well, I decided to sit down and have a serious conversation with my husband about TTC. My husband will be 38 this year and due to everything I've read up on regarding mens age affecting conception, I have been thinking non-stop about everything.
    I would like my husband to find a job and be making what I currantly am or more, because I want to feel comfortable taking time off after the baby is born. I've expressed to my husband that I would like to start TTC in about six months. This is something that I am hoping will happen naturally, but I am aware that due to many factors this could take awhile.
    My husband is kinda scared...I think. He knows that the one thing I've always wanted to be a mother, but kids have never been his ultimate goal. I told him I would never do anything without his consent. I'm not sure if he's worried about fatherhood in general or if there is something else. I'm defently going to have further conversations with him before we start trying. I just really needed to get all my thoughts out.
  • @thatcma ugh life 🙄 all I can say is whenever you think you have it altogether, life shows you how much you don’t lol

@chinadoll2522 that’s good that you had the initial conversation and I agree that further conversations are needed. I’m glad things are moving ahead, even if slowly, for you. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers