3rd Trimester

34 Weeks and Baby Position

Hey all,

I’ll be 34 weeks tomorrow. Baby girl has thankfully been head down since 22 weeks, but she’s been stubbornly turned to one side. She is facing my left, and her back along my right side. I feel her kicks and punches on my left side. My question is...when should she turn to a more central position? I’m worried about her staying stuck sideways and having a more difficult labor!
 Thanks for any advice!!

Re: 34 Weeks and Baby Position

• breezi711 said:
    Hey all,

I’ll be 34 weeks tomorrow. Baby girl has thankfully been head down since 22 weeks, but she’s been stubbornly turned to one side. She is facing my left, and her back along my right side. I feel her kicks and punches on my left side. My question is...when should she turn to a more central position? I’m worried about her staying stuck sideways and having a more difficult labor!
     Thanks for any advice!!
    You have plenty of time for baby to move. 
  • If you’re concerned check out spinning babies. There are some exercises that you can do to encourage optimal positioning. Check with your doctor first though.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! I was looking at spinning babies and felt slightly overwhelmed! I am incorporating some of their tips into my routine. I have a checkup next week. I’m looking forward to asking advice from my doctor’s office too.